Horseback Riding at Ft Wilderness and Photos

dmp609

Earning My Ears
On our upcoming trip we plan to go horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness. My daughter will be turning 12 that day and is very excited to get to ride a horse for the first time. When I made the reservations I was told we would have to put everything into the lockers there including purse, backpack, and phones. I understand why, but from what I've read on other people's reviews, this means we won't get any pictures while on our horses. Can anyone confirm this is the case? If I skip the ride (truth be told, I get scared when I'm on a horse), would I be able to take pictures of my husband and daughter when they're saddled up, or will I not be allowed near the area? Thanks for your help!

No pictures while riding. The idea is you should be using hands to hold on is what they'll tell you.

When my wife, niece, and oldest DD did the ride I took pictures of them. There is an area at the saddle and mounting pen where you will be able to see them. It takes a while to get everyone on horses so I was able to get pics of them all.

Thank you so much, Michael! This is exactly what I needed to know.
depending on where in line boarding they are you could get pictures then and while others are boarding you can walk closer to trail and get some as they ride past. at least you used to be able to do this if not riding. one disadvantage to doing this is not much for you to do in the area while waiting for them to return without taking an internal bus there

Thx for posting! We re doing this too. Heard great things and hope to get some pix from a family member

Here is a photo of the barn. It is right behind the front bus stop. The riders will parade right by the front fence on their way out, you will be able to get good photos.
IMG_20181028_130414165_HDR.jpg

Thanks! We will be coming over mid-day from the Magic Kingdom. From my research, it looks like if we want to use Disney transportation, we will have to either take a boat from MK and FW's marina and then an internal bus to the barn, or a bus to Wilderness Lodge and then a bus to FW. Do I have that correct? It seems a shame there is no direct bus from MK to FW.

This is gonna be fun for all of you! But here's a few tips.
You board a plane, a ship, a train etc. not a horse. You board a horse because you don't have space at home to care for the animal.
As in room and board about twenty a day and higher.
You mount or simply get on a horse.
Wear long pants to keep bare skin away from the saddle fenders and seat. Don't need saddle sores on vacation.
Loose fitting pants are preferred, you'll know when you put your leg over as you get on. Photographer keep taking pictures and try not to laugh to much.
Most important, keep enough space between your steed and the one in front of you, stuff happens!!
Enjoy the ride.

And wear closed toe shoes. They wont let you ride otherwise. Once you boat to FW it's a short bus ride to the Outpost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter