Horizon's by Marriott?

tobrien

Earning My Ears
We are going in November. Looks like a great deal for 4 adults and 2 children. Does anyone have any experience or info? What are the "on-site kid's activities" that they say are included? Thanks for your help.

Tobrien,

I have no idea, so I cannot answer your question (see my signature below). But welcome to the DIS boards (its addictive). :)

Hi, and welcome tobrien!

I'd like to find out more about Horizons myself. I got a call from Marriott offering me a great deal there and would like to know if they're worth it.

Haven't been there myself but thought you might like to browse their website:

Horizons at Orlando by Marriott

Looks nice - I'd give it a try, especially with children under age 11 or 12, who may really enjoy that theme pool. Enjoy! :)

Tobrien,

We stayed at Horizon's by Marriott and loved it. The rooms are two bedroom villas with a king and 2 double beds. TV's in both bedrooms and living room. There is a large living area with a screened balcony with patio furniture. All of the furniture was very up to date and the appliances. The grounds were beautiful. There is a small water park on the grounds with a large pool and two large hot tubs. There were children's activities daily. One day the kids made tie-dye t-shirts, sundaes. There were outings based on the child's age ie: kids 12 and up could go on a day trip to Islands of Adventure and/or Sea World.

Our family enjoyed this resort so much we are going back May 2002. We plan on trying to enjoy the resort more this year.

Side note: At night we could see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom from our balcony. We could see the fireworks from Sea World from outside our door. It was great.

Hope you have fun. We certainly did.

Sherry

Thanks, Lisa, for the website. I hadn't seen that one. The one on the Marriott's Hotel site, www.marriott.com/Vacationclub, didn't have nearly as much info.

Sherry - that sounds amazing. Do they do the timeshare sales pitch? How long to drive to Universal/WDW?

Any other info will be greatly appreciated.

Tobrien,

The resort is locted off of I-Drive. When you come out of the resort go left for Sea World and US/IOA. You can go right for WDW. I think the road you turn on to go to WDW is either 535 or 536, this road leads you directely into the world. There is also a Publix at the outlet center very close by.

It is very conveniently locted to all attractions and well as the toll road to the airport.

As for the timeshare sales pitch, we already own a timeshare in Destin and traded our week in for a week in Orlando. They did leave us messages to try to meet with them but that was it. We just told them we wouldn't have time for it. They were very nice and professional.

Hope this helps

Sherry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter