Hopping to AK after Illuminations

lvdis

love disney
Would it be crazy to try to drive to AK just to see what we can of Pandora after watching Illuminations? Is it even feasible with the timing? Animal Kingdom closes at 10:30pm the night we are considering this. (Sunday, May 6)

At first I wasn't planning to stay for Illuminations and thought we'd just leave Epcot early, but it turns out some of my family would like to stay and watch it. I was just hoping for a first look at Pandora since we've never seen it and our AK day is planned for the 3rd day into our trip.

Will the parks let you in up to closing time or do they cut off entry sometime prior?

Thanks!

I'd be surprised if you could watch Illuminations, get out of the park and to the parking lot, drive out of the EPCOT parking lot and get to AK, and park with enough time to accomplish what you are aiming at. I suppose you could try, but you might not be able to pull that off.

If you are staying on property, Walk to Beach Club via international Gateway- About a 5 minute walk. Then catch the bus from there to AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter