hopper passes

NJDVCmember

Mouseketeer
What do you guys do ? Should I buy my hopper tickets at the local Disney Store or when I check into OKW? Our first DVC trip to Disney. Anything else I should be aware of?
THANKS

KCritter lucked out!!!

DVC membership DOES NOT entitle you to a discount on Park Hoppers, although many here (including myself) think it should. So I would not go to your local Disney Store expecting the discount.

The price is the same at Disney Store as it is at OKW. You CAN get a discount with the Disney Club card if you belong to that (you get the discount at both DS and OKW).

I personally would get the Hopper at OKW and have them put it on your room key. Then you have your hopper, charges, and key all on ONE card.

If you have unused days, keep the card. Then on your next vacation, take the card with you and when you check in have them transfer the unused hopper and plus days to your new key card.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a GREAT first trip home!!!!!

ohioMickey, great idea about the keys/passes, didn't know that! Great way to avoid losing the tickets, one less thing to have to keep track of!

Trying to decide what to do for our passes in August, considered the UMP (or whatever they're called now) but we're going to Universal for one day and didn't plan on using any water parks this time around, so that's most likely overkill.

Frustrates me to no end that there's no discount for DVC'ers on passes, although we do have a deal here at work to get a Disney Club membership for $10 off normal annual fee so we might do that...

Maybe someone can help me remember...do DVC *or* DC members get discounts on merchandise inside the parks? I seem to remember one woman behind the counter in a shop not even knowing what DVC was and saying there was no discount...but the DC pamphlet claims discounts at stores INSIDE the park, so that might make it worth the $29.95 a year. Right now, we'd only save $33 on 5 day Hopper passes with the DC membership, so it doesn't seem all that attractive to shell out the money....

:D

If you belong to AAA Automobile Club you can get a small discount on hopper passes. You have to buy them at AAA before you leave.

If you are going to buy 5 day hoppers you might consider upping your ante to 7 day hoppers. That way you have the option to do PI & the waterparks either this time or the next time you return.

I think the merchandise discount is 10%? And I think it is the only thing the DC card is good for inside the parks...a long long time ago when it was the Magic Kingdom Card I could use it for discounts on certain restaurants in the park.

However the DC card also gets you a subscription to Disney magazine...so between buying tickets and the magazine and any discounts on merchandise you should begin to actually save money using it.

Can't help you with the DVC card as I go home for the first time in September.

Neither the DC card nor a DVC membership card will get you a discount on merchandise inside the park. They both will get you a discount at the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney (Along with other stores at DTD).

Both the DVC and DC cards will get you discounts at selected restuaruants inside the park. You will need to check at the front desk as to which discounts DVC is participating in - it changes.

Just back from OKW and before we left I purchased 2 5 day hoppers (4 parks) at the local Disney store. We recieved a DVC discount at the store and they have them scanned for a price of $ 207 . The 4 day hoppers were $192......

They have their scanner go over a special DVC bar code page after we showed them our member card.

chris125...

hmmmm...most interesting....

So I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Anyone else out there ever get a discount on hoppers with DVC???

I'm wondering if they got the DVC discount on the park hoppers because DVC members get a discount at the Disney Store and since the passes were purchased there, the CM's give the discount on the passes too. Did that make sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter