Hope none of you had your March break plans ruined.

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
https://allears.net/2024/03/09/delays-impact-over-300-flights-at-orlando-international-airport/

Our flight was cancelled at the last minute. Fortunately, I was able to rebook with another airline. The flight was delayed multiple times, but at least we finally made it. Checked in at Boardwalk at 5 am, up at 8:30 and we were in Magic Kingdom before noon.

Edit: not sure why the article stated no cancellations, because there were tons of them. It was a brutal day for anyone flying into MCO.

When they refer to cancellations at an airport, they are generally talking about flights departing from that airport - and maybe none of the flights leave MCO were cancelled?

We are flying into MCO next Saturday and expect it to be busy.....packing my patience!!

We had some crazy weather in NJ today.

Small hail blowing down left. Then right. Then left. Then right.

Coming down sideways and swiftly kept changing direction.

Apparently lots of flights out of MCO cancelled as well. Today seemed to be a repeat of yesterday. Unsure what they are saying about weather, because it was beautiful here today. Seems like fake news to me.

https://www.aol.com/news/southwest-cancels-over-100-flights-172830570.html
The thing about flight disruptions due to weather is that it's a massive game of dominoes- your city might be sunshine and unicorn poop while mine is under 3 feet of snow. We flew home late on Friday night and it was a ride unto itself! Here's a peak into what I mean.
The plane we flew home on started it's day as a 7 am flight from Toronto to Orlando, then to Halifax where it was delayed due to heavy rain and mechanical issues, supposed to arrive back in Orlando around 8 for us to leave at 9 to go to Toronto. We were about 40 minutes late departing and the turbulence we went thru was wild! A friend was heading south at the same time and her flight was canceled because the plane didn't arrive due to the severe thunderstorms across both countries.
It wasn't fake news! Lots of people using the barf bags

The thing about flight disruptions due to weather is that it's a massive game of dominoes- your city might be sunshine and unicorn poop while mine is under 3 feet of snow. We flew home late on Friday night and it was a ride unto itself! Here's a peak into what I mean.
The plane we flew home on started it's day as a 7 am flight from Toronto to Orlando, then to Halifax where it was delayed due to heavy rain and mechanical issues, supposed to arrive back in Orlando around 8 for us to leave at 9 to go to Toronto. We were about 40 minutes late departing and the turbulence we went thru was wild! A friend was heading south at the same time and her flight was canceled because the plane didn't arrive due to the severe thunderstorms across both countries.
It wasn't fake news! Lots of people using the barf bags
Yes I get that, but the article said many Sunday flights were disrupted because of bad weather in Orlando. I am in Orlando and the weather Sunday was beautiful!

I flew in yesterday morning from Buffalo, super early flight, all on time. Until baggage pick up. Our flight waited an hour and fifteen minutes for our bags. Likely other flights were affected also. Not a huge deal though.

We flew in on Wednesday with no issues. My brother was coming from Texas …and their plane had issues and they got stuck on the Tarmac for 2 hours before finally departing 🤪 We fly out Thursday, so hopefully by avoiding the weekend we are ok.

We purposely did mid-week to mid-week to avoid the rush. (This week is my nieces Spring Break. She cut a few days early)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter