Hop to EP from AK on July 4th?

SquashBanana

Mouseketeer
Hello! I am planning for a summer trip and we are thinking about a full day at AK on July 4 and then hopping to EP afterwards to see the fireworks. Based off last year's park hours, AK closed at 7:00 and the fireworks at EP started at 9:00. We would be driving by car from one park to the other. Could we feasibly make this happen if we left AK right at 7:00?

I think your bigger problem beyond timing is seating/fireworks. That is a prime fireworks show for the year. People will be getting set up well ahead.

I think your bigger problem beyond timing is seating/fireworks. That is a prime fireworks show for the year. People will be getting set up well ahead.
I agree with this. I would leave Epcot before 6, maybe even earlier.

I love the July 4th fireworks at Epcot!!

Normally you could but July 4th you will encounter a lot more people both heading to Epcot and already in the park. As others have suggested I would recommend leaving AK by 6PM at the latest. People often underestimate the time it takes to move between parks and I would anticipate high traffic (car and people) trying to enter Epcot.

Ok thanks! Based on the feedback I think we'll just make July 4th a full day at EPCOT. Aside from the fireworks, what are the crowd levels at EP during the day? I know MK is typically the most crowded on the 4th, but was curious how it compares to EP.

Ok thanks! Based on the feedback I think we'll just make July 4th a full day at EPCOT. Aside from the fireworks, what are the crowd levels at EP during the day? I know MK is typically the most crowded on the 4th, but was curious how it compares to EP.
Epcot is anticipated to be as busy, if not busier than Epcot on July 4th. Both are popular due to their firework offerings.

We went to Epcot for the 4th in '23. There for park opening. Honestly it was very quiet early on & quite enjoyable. I kept waiting for the onslaught of crowds all day. Meandered in all the countries & rode the rides (we did skip Remy & Mars). Had a VQ for GOTG from the 7am drop. We even walked into Mexico & ate around 4pm at San Angels Inn with no ADR just walked up. After we had NO wait to go into the La Cava & had our margaritas in our hand. We headed for the park exit around 6ish & I would say the crowds had picked up while we were inside Mexico having a drink & dinner & boat ride with people arriving for the fireworks.

We went to Epcot for the 4th in '23. There for park opening. Honestly it was very quiet early on & quite enjoyable. I kept waiting for the onslaught of crowds all day. Meandered in all the countries & rode the rides (we did skip Remy & Mars). Had a VQ for GOTG from the 7am drop. We even walked into Mexico & ate around 4pm at San Angels Inn with no ADR just walked up. After we had NO wait to go into the La Cava & had our margaritas in our hand. We headed for the park exit around 6ish & I would say the crowds had picked up while we were inside Mexico having a drink & dinner & boat ride with people arriving for the fireworks.
This is great information thanks! I already punted on the AK to EP hopping plan and decided to stay at Epcot all day. Hopefully the pattern holds and we can enjoy lighter crowds during the earlier part of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter