• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoopdey Doo or Backyard BBQ?

disneychick05

Mouseketeer
We have a trip planned for Oct. '04. Our DS will turn three during the trip. I have already made PS at Hoopdey Doo for his b-day night. The reason for this is that I myself turned three at the Hoopdey Doo. However I wonder if Mickey's BBQ would be better suited for a 3 year old's b-day. At the same time I think it will be pretty neat that we both had a our 3rd b-day at the Hoopdey Doo. Do you think he will enjoy a b-day at Hoopdey Doo?? Help!

the HDD is a lot of fun! we enjoyed it more than the BBQ. plus, keep in mind that the BBQ is basically outside, albeit covered. i would keep the HDD. better food too. happy birthday to your son!:tongue:

HDD is hands down better for a 3 yo B-day. They will make a big deal about it and will shower him with attention. It is tons of fun and he will absolutely get it and love it. My 1 yo at the time was engrossed - thoroughly engrossed - with the actors and the singing. He absolutely loved it, as did we. The BBQ is not the same and is not as much fun. There is a reason why HDDR is the number one dinner show at WDW. I would not pass up an opporunity to go and to pass down that tradition to your son. That is really neat that you did that for your third birthday and can do the same for his.

:cool1:HOOP DEE DOO ~ HOOP DEE DOO (Waving my knapkin over my head) :cool1:

Oh by the way - you will probably have pretty good seats too because, while it wasn't two years in advance, you did make your reservations (not PSs for HDD) pretty far in advance giving you a pretty good shot of being pretty close up on the ground floor. All seats are good seats for the show, though.

Great show, good food and its very cool you both will have had your 3rd there!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter