Hoop Dee Doo Revue for vegetarian teen?

ChimCher-ee

There's been a change of plans.
I know, I know. A minefield in 7 little words. To be fair, I made these reservations 180+ days ago, when I was newer to the whole mom-of-a-teenager thing and before said teenager went from being merely a picky eater who at least ate chicken to a vegetarian picky eater.

We're here now and having a really good time, but I'm reconsidering HDDR on Sunday. I've seen that there is a vegetarian option if you ask when you get there, but I was hoping for a little more information about what that means.

Does anyone have experience with the vegetarian option--does it mean stick with the cornbread and green beans, or does it mean you get mac and cheese, or how far do they go to accommodate--and is it worthwhile? I don't expect them to do backflips for us--just want to be prepared if we do go ahead. Thank you!

Here is a vegetarian menu from a few years ago, I'm not sure what exactly has changed but it is more than just "eat the sides"
http://www.disneyhipsters.com/2014/11/vegetarians-at-hoop-dee-doo-musical.html

that said, they accommodate picky kids too and I have heard of mac and cheese being an option... they share a kitchen with trail's end so can dip into that and I believe they have mac and cheese there.

I don't think there are green beans at HDDR, I think they are baked beans and they DO have pork in them. salad, cornbread, corn, mashed potatoes, dessert are all vegetarian though and you can probably get mac and cheese as well if none of the vegetarian options suit.

Here is a vegetarian menu from a few years ago, I'm not sure what exactly has changed but it is more than just "eat the sides"
http://www.disneyhipsters.com/2014/11/vegetarians-at-hoop-dee-doo-musical.html

that said, they accommodate picky kids too and I have heard of mac and cheese being an option... they share a kitchen with trail's end so can dip into that and I believe they have mac and cheese there.

I don't think there are green beans at HDDR, I think they are baked beans and they DO have pork in them. salad, cornbread, corn, mashed potatoes, dessert are all vegetarian though and you can probably get mac and cheese as well if none of the vegetarian options suit.
Thank you--the link was very helpful. DD is surprised at all the options, and she's looking forward to trying the experience. I'll keep the reservation!

Thank you--the link was very helpful. DD is surprised at all the options, and she's looking forward to trying the experience. I'll keep the reservation!
just note that post is from 2014 so it might have changed but it's definitely something more than "eat the salad and sides"

You might also want to call the ADR line and have them indicate the vegetarian on your reservation. That way, they might be a bit more prepared before you actually arrive.

I've had two different vegetarian options at the Hoop de Do in the past. Ask your server for the "special" menu when you are seated. I thought the pasta was perfectly fine. The grilled veggie plate was a little less impressive IMO. And most of the sides will be OK to eat. Love the show, I'm sure it will get even a picky teen into the fun!

I know, I know. A minefield in 7 little words. To be fair, I made these reservations 180+ days ago, when I was newer to the whole mom-of-a-teenager thing and before said teenager went from being merely a picky eater who at least ate chicken to a vegetarian picky eater.

We're here now and having a really good time, but I'm reconsidering HDDR on Sunday. I've seen that there is a vegetarian option if you ask when you get there, but I was hoping for a little more information about what that means.

Does anyone have experience with the vegetarian option--does it mean stick with the cornbread and green beans, or does it mean you get mac and cheese, or how far do they go to accommodate--and is it worthwhile? I don't expect them to do backflips for us--just want to be prepared if we do go ahead. Thank you!
It's actually very good. It is roasted portabella mushroom with other veggies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter