Hoop Dee Doo - How is the updated show?

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Not recently updated, but a few years back I read the show was changed. I see the food is the same (not sure about dessert). How is the show?

ETA: I just read menu and it said loaf of bread? Did they replace the cornbread and if so, is it the bread they used to have?

It's fun, we went about a week & a half ago. This was our first time so can't compare, but it's a silly show. 3 girls, 3 guys, lots of corny jokes and songs.

It's cornbread, you get it in a small loaf.

There were 3 loaves of cornbread for our party of 8.

The HDDR is one of my favorite things to do at Disney, I really don't recall the show changing.

We went last December. I thought the show, the food, and the service were better than expected. My wife was reluctant to go but ended up enjoying herself as well. We will do it again.

We love the show. My daughter loves the cornbread. It is pretty much all she eats at the show. She made me book it for this summer for that cornbread. I told her it is the most expensive cornbread ever lol. She ate almost 2 loaves of it. She was so happy when our waiter brought her the second loaf of it stabbed on a big knife lol. He plopped it down right on her plate.

We love the show. My daughter loves the cornbread. It is pretty much all she eats at the show. She made me book it for this summer for that cornbread. I told her it is the most expensive cornbread ever lol. She ate almost 2 loaves of it. She was so happy when our waiter brought her the second loaf of it stabbed on a big knife lol. He plopped it down right on her plate.

They serve cornbread at Whispering Canyon which I believe is the exact same thing.

We love the show and the performers cast are easily the most talented on property from top to bottom!

I have been to HDDR only one time, late May last year. I suspect the show and jokes and songs have not changed. Very enjoyable (silly, corny and predictable,, but that is part of the charm). We like the food including the cornbread. If you have never been, it is worth the price of admission.

I have been to HDDR only one time, late May last year. I suspect the show and jokes and songs have not changed. Very enjoyable (silly, corny and predictable,, but that is part of the charm). We like the food including the cornbread. If you have never been, it is worth the price of admission.

We've been many times in the past, but it's been a few years. I used to LOVE the bread they served there. Cornbread is good too, but can't hold a handle to what they used to have.

The only thing that was updated in the show is the main song since Disney sadly lost the rights to use it in the show, as one of the two people who wrote it originally didn't like that it was being used in the manner that it was and wouldn't continue the license to Disney at any cost.

I personally preferred the old song, but both are good. Of course there are always differences depending on who is performing, but that's the nature of a live show that allows some improv in it.

We've been in 2013, 2014, 2016 and lastly in November 2018. I don't remember it being significantly different any of those times? Maybe slight differences in the songs and sometimes there is a different actor or two. But for the most part, it's been pretty much the same deal every time. Cornbread is definitely still there!

I believe it was 2008-2010, somewhere in there and the words remained pretty much the same, just the tune was changed due to licensing issues.

Incidentally, did you know this show was thrown together in the spur of the moment because they wanted to try a dinner show there to replace what was pretty much just a dining room, so the stage and all was added in a couple of weeks time.

The plan was that this show wouldn't last more than 6 months to a year while a permanent show was written and out together. Just goes to show how good something hastily put together can turn out to be.

I believe it was 2008-2010, somewhere in there and the words remained pretty much the same, just the tune was changed due to licensing issues.

Incidentally, did you know this show was thrown together in the spur of the moment because they wanted to try a dinner show there to replace what was pretty much just a dining room, so the stage and all was added in a couple of weeks time.

The plan was that this show wouldn't last more than 6 months to a year while a permanent show was written and out together. Just goes to show how good something hastily put together can turn out to be.

this is the best thing ever!!! I had no idea.

My first time was 1978 or 9. My then 3 year old brother fell in love with Flora and my dad had to take him back to a late show, just so he could see Flora again.

We've been so many times...it is definitely one of the most magical places at Disney!

Do they serve potatoes at all with the meal? I see only corn bread, salad, baked beans, ribs and chicken and strawberry shortcake.

Do they serve potatoes at all with the meal? I see only corn bread, salad, baked beans, ribs and chicken and strawberry shortcake.
You can also ask for Mac and Cheese (normally only served for kids) and it is delicious.

Also, there are other options available if there are dietary restrictions, just ask for a chef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter