Hoop De Do Review and a child with ASD?

poohnpigletCA

DIS Veteran
When my hubby mentioned taking our 4 yo with ASD to HSSR I was :confused3

From what I can tell this is quite noisy, that is kind of the point right. He thinks that our 7 yo would love it, and I think he is right.

Should one of us take the 7 yo and the other stay with the younger take her swimming or something.

Has anyone taken a child with ASD is it doable??

The question really is how well you know your ASD child. Does she accept loud noises or does she get sensory overload? There is no way to say "An ASD child has these needs" as a generality. ASD is a spectrum where one diagnoses (ASD) covers a multitude of possibly actions/needs.

The question really is how well you know your ASD child. Does she accept loud noises or does she get sensory overload? There is no way to say "An ASD child has these needs" as a generality. ASD is a spectrum where one diagnoses (ASD) covers a multitude of possibly actions/needs.

Excellent point. She does have sensitivity to sound and crowds. Which is why I am thinking hubby is crazy. On the other hand she loves music and laughing.

I guess my true questions would be. How loud does it get? How crowded is it? Is is possible to request a table near an exit in case it is to loud?

I have only seen Samantha Brown of the Travel Chanel at the HDDR. They only showed a few minutes.

Does this make better sense?

WHile I don't know what ASD is, I can tell you that the HDDR is loud and rather crowded. There is lots of laughter and fun but it can be a bit much for some children. I would imagine that you can request a table by the door but you would have to call to make sure. I don't know if that is any help.

People with sensory issues can be both hypo and hyper sensitive to sound at the same time. The question to ask yourself is about how she reacts to shows at parks like Beauty and the Beast or how she reacts to loud music that is part of a mall, television program, or radio.

Arrive early and explain to the greeter your needs. If you need to bail out then you can ask for a to go box for your meals. Check youtube for videos and show her the videos to see how she reacts with the volume down low. Remember that kids are kids and just when you think you know them they surprise you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter