Honeymoons and Characters + Q about Trader Sams

jennytablina

They Call Him Flash, Flash, Flash, Flashbeagle~
How are Characters with Honeymooners? I know they tend to be fine normally with older fans. But I've maybe accidentally booked mostly character meals for our Honeymoon (future DH is fine with this bless his cotton socks - I did consider California Grill but just couldn't justify it over character experiences...)

Does anyone have nice stories with characters on their honeymoon? We've got Bon Voyage Breakfast, Tusker House and Garden Grill booked (we do have Skipper Canteen as a non-character meal - but I'm hoping we'll get a little Jungle Cruise magic too as we love that ride!)

We're also planning one (mostly) Resort day spending the afternoon at the Poly and GF - how soon should we be waiting at Trader Sam's door? I tried last trip just walking in and we had no chance.

We did Garden Grill in September while on our Honeymoon. The character interaction was great - they stopped and took lots of pictures with us.

We didn't try to get into Trader Sam's thinking we would hit up Jock's at DS. Our DS day, we stopped by and had 1 cocktail - it's cool but I expect the theme is completely different.

Just did Trader Sam’s on Friday. When I got there at 3:15pm there were already 8 people in line (two of whom were each holding spaces for 7 people), but they can fit 50 people inside, so everyone who was in line by 3:30 (when they start taking names) got in that day. They said we could leave and they’d text us at 3:55 when it was time to go in, so the people who walked up between 3:30 and 4pm saw no line but were told they’d have to wait until people from the first group admitted started leaving. Which is all to say that if you get in line by 3pm you should be OK, but of course ymmv...

No experience as a honeymooner but plenty of experience as a solo adult traveler. Character interactions can be great at any age. As a kid I thought it was just a signature and a picture, but the more you interact with them the more they will interact with you. I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

I used to be hesitant to meet characters as an adult, but I’ve gotten used to it. The other day I had a very amusing conversation with Peter Pan about how Captain Hook is smelly and how malificent turned green from smelling him and Ursula turned purple because she held her breath for so long (sparked by the villains on my shirt). It is what you make of it. If you just want a picture they will happily smile for you and not think twice about it being only adults. If you want to flirt with Flynn he’s hilarious to interact with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!