Honeymooning on the Fantasy SWDAS *COMPLETED 3/7*

Love Jack Jack's diaper race!

Beautiful Sunday morning!!!

Wow, Mom & Dad's cruise sounds amazing. What a way to see Australia!
Does the ship return back to Port Canaveral?
Their cruise actually left from Port Everglades down in Ft. Lauderdale. It does eventually go back there in May. I think they get off this ship in Australia for two weeks to do a different cruise that goes to New Zealand and then get back on it to go home. It's a Princess ship.

My amazing DH brought my breakfast in bed from Cabanas.
How nice!!! Especially on your honeymoon. What a sweet honey you have!

hash browns a few times, but they were really greasy and reminded me of something you'd get from McDonald's, which was a little disappointing.
I think that is the reason WHY my DH had them almost every day for breakfast, haha.

We went back to the concierge to hang out for a bit.
The concierge lounge is so pretty and looks soooo calm and relaxing.

This event has to be my favorite thing on Disney cruises. Jack Jack's Diaper Dash.
I was SO bummed we had to miss this! We were at our Palo brunch when it was going on.

The concierge lounge is so pretty and looks soooo calm and relaxing.
It was a really nice place to escape to when things were getting a bit hectic around the ship. My DH isn't a fan of crowds so it's good to have a place he can relax.

I was SO bummed we had to miss this! We were at our Palo brunch when it was going on.
It's a shame they only do it once on a cruise, I feel like twice would be better. When I first heard of the BB8 races I thought it was another baby race with costumes, was slightly disappointed it was just robots lol.

January 6th - Sea Day Part 2

Our Mixology Class was being held in the Meridian bar. It's the same location I had all my drinking classes on the Dream and was hoping to be in the Skyline Lounge instead. Oddly enough, or bill at the end of the cruise said we had this in Skyline, which was weird.

upload_2019-1-24_8-24-28.png

The man leading the class was the same guy who made my chocolate martini in the concierge lounge the night before.

This class was a little different from my other one. On the Dream we were allowed to go behind the bar to make the drinks. This time, all the drink making happened in front of the bar. They would pick people to go up to make the drinks and had five people at a time making a drink.

upload_2019-1-24_8-26-16.png

While I was waiting for the class to start I asked for a water and was given one of the new paper straws.

So I don't remember the names of most of the drinks we made. The first drink DH got to go up and make it.

upload_2019-1-24_8-30-6.png

There was pineapple and rum and other stuff. I thought it was really delicious.

upload_2019-1-24_8-30-43.png

I have no memory of what this was lol, but it was good.

upload_2019-1-24_8-31-18.png

This was a raspberry mojito, it was good, but really strong. So the thing with these classes are that the drinks could potentially taste different depending on who makes it. Some of the people were conservative with their alcohol pours, while others were very generous. For this drink, one guy poured basically double the amount of alcohol that was called for.

upload_2019-1-24_8-33-1.png

upload_2019-1-24_8-33-23.png

I was a little disappointed for the drink I got to make. Basically it was fully made and we topped it off with champagne. I was hoping to have something more complex to do like the other drinks and a few people next to me even commented "that's it?" The drink tasted good though.

I don't have a picture of the last drink, it was a Baby Guinness which was made with Baileys and Kahlua topped off with whip cream. When I've normally had this shot I've had it with Coffee Patron not Kahlua, so that was a bit different. They had everyone go up to the bar and do the shot together.

Overall it was a fun class and I'll definitely do another in the future.

upload_2019-1-24_8-38-11.png

I hopped on a motorcycle through the Piazza.

upload_2019-1-24_8-39-37.png

We never stayed in this room long, but I thought it was a really cute design.

upload_2019-1-24_8-40-46.png

We popped into the Anyone Can Cook.

Continued next post...

January 6th - Sea Day Part 2 Continued

upload_2019-1-24_8-42-22.png

I was excited to learn how to make Seabass.

upload_2019-1-24_8-42-57.png

upload_2019-1-24_8-43-17.png

The last time we had gone to one of these they had made a lobster ravioli so I was really excited to learn how to make something else, plus I didn't really like the taste of the ravioli.

upload_2019-1-24_8-44-57.png

Oh great, lobster ravioli! Apparently there was a mix-up when talking to the chef and they prepped for this instead of the sea bass. I was really disappointed, if I had known this was what was going to be made I wouldn't have attended. But I was sitting in the front and couldn't really leave now without being really rude.

upload_2019-1-24_8-46-46.png

The chef was from Remy and had a really thick French accent. I think it would have been easier to understand him if he was speaking French.

upload_2019-1-24_8-48-44.png

One nice thing about these cooking demonstrations is the free wine they provide.

upload_2019-1-24_8-49-58.png

While the chef is cooking and explaining the steps they bring around a sample. I liked this more than the previous one. The tomato broth was warm this time, the last time the chef wanted it cold and I think that was a main reason for me not liking it. Still not my favorite dish though.

After the cooking was done we went back up to the lounge. I don't think I mentioned before, but there were a lot of people from Australia on this cruise. In Concierge there were a few families that were traveling together from Australia, one family was in the room next door to us. They were in the lounge a lot and the father in the room next door was working almost the entire cruise, I felt really bad for him.

upload_2019-1-24_8-52-32.png

They all seemed to really like this, I'd never heard of it before and did not like the taste after trying it.

upload_2019-1-24_8-53-12.png

I don't remember what we did for the rest of the day, I don't have any pictures until dinner so we have a few hours gap of time where I'm assuming we relaxed in the room or something.

Dinner this night was in Animator's Palate. I just love their butter knives.

upload_2019-1-24_8-54-34.png

The table set up for this room was a little annoying. We like to sit on the same side as each other when we are dining and normally would have sat with our backs to the wall facing the restaurant, but because of the screens we had to sit facing the other way. This put us in the path of servers bumping into my chair a million times. I was also really close to the table next to us and their server bumped into me many times when squeezing past to give them their food.

Continued next post...

I forgot to mention this night was formal night. I decided to get really dressed up and wore the gown I took engagement pictures in before my wedding. Its a huge ballgown and everyone was commenting that I looked like a princess. It was really great for my ego lol. Like it wasn't just you look nice, it was on going adulation. When we were in the elevator heading to dinner the people next to me were commenting how pretty I looked, gushed about my gorgeous gown and then went on to talk about my amazing makeup. Literally from deck 12 until deck 3 I was being praised on how I looked, was pretty awesome not going to lie. :cutie:

After dinner in the lounge one of the concierge hosts, Andy, was also gushing about how amazing I looked and it went on for a really long time. And we barely even took pictures that night! I originally wanted to get a lot of pictures taken in the atrium before dinner, but all the lines were crazy long and DH didn't want to wait in any of them. So we decided we would take pictures after dinner, but finished dinner too quickly and all the photo areas were closed. The dress isn't the most comfortable thing to be in, it's laced up in the back and pulled super tight like a corset, so I ended up changing after dinner and we never got any pictures taken :(

Back to dinner:

upload_2019-1-24_9-2-5.png

upload_2019-1-24_9-2-28.png

upload_2019-1-24_9-2-53.png

This menu has my favorite meal on it. The Black Truffle pasta Purseittes. Pasta purses filled with truffle-scented cheese and coasted with a delicate champagne sauce.

upload_2019-1-24_9-3-57.png

Unfortunately I did not like almost anything else on the menu.

upload_2019-1-24_9-4-28.png

We were seated next to the screens where Crush would come out and talk to people later on.

upload_2019-1-24_9-5-1.png

Although our table was close to the screen, Crush did not talk to us. He talked to the table directly in front of him. I much prefer the show on the classic ships to this version.

upload_2019-1-24_9-5-54.png

My favorite pasta :) I had asked to have a double portion instead of the appetizer portion.

upload_2019-1-24_9-6-44.png

DH soup, he enjoyed this.

I have very recently started enjoying sushi and decided to try the salmon tartar.

upload_2019-1-24_9-7-43.png

I did not like this at all. :crazy2:

upload_2019-1-24_9-8-34.png

I was excited for my soup, but it was ice cold. So I asked if I could get a new one that was hotter. When another was brought it was clearly my original soup that had been put in a microwave and had a film on the top now. I couldn't eat it. This seemed to distress our wait staff a lot that I didn't like two meals in a row and sent something back. I felt bad they were so upset, but it wasn't their fault I didn't like the food.

Continued next post...

Reactions: DLo

DH couldn't decide between entrees so he decided to get both.

upload_2019-1-24_9-10-53.png

He enjoyed the steak and I had a small bite of it.

upload_2019-1-24_9-11-21.png

He had mainly wanted the tuna steak, but he said it was like they forgot to add any seasoning and couldn't end up eating it.

upload_2019-1-24_9-12-0.png

For my main course I just had more of the pasta I loved. We skipped desserts this night and left pretty quickly after getting there. I could tell that our wait staff were very concerned, we kept telling them we were happy, but I don't think they believed us. I blame the comment cards. There is no separate space to comment about the food, just about how they do their jobs. So if you give them a lower score because the food sucked they can lose their jobs. And it's really annoying you have to give them excellent because anything else can get them to lose their jobs. How are they effect if you can't be honest?

upload_2019-1-24_9-13-57.png

They were showing Wishes this night. I decided to try out viewing it from the balcony, I've never sat up there before. It was a nice view, although you do see the trap doors and stuff. We were in the front row and I'm a bit short so the bars were in my line of sight. I decided for Aladdin we'd try to get one of those private balcony booths instead.

I liked Wishes. A few people before the show that had gone to the earlier show had said it was bad and they walked out. I think it was probably before the Disney stuff started, it did start a little slow. But I thought the overall plot was cute and loved the Disney songs.

upload_2019-1-24_9-16-21.png

Loved our romantic towel animals this night with the rose petals!

Up next our first port of call, Cozumel.

Hi, following along. We were on the cruise right after yours(Jan.12). We always go to the Anyone Can Cook demos also. We've always had the lobster ravioli. We went to it and I was excited because it was listed as being sea bass, but just like on your cruise they changed it to the ravioli. They didn't give us a reason though. We had the same chef, I also had a hard time understanding him. My dh and I did a Disney cruise for our honeymoon on the Magic in 2001.

This class was a little different from my other one. On the Dream we were allowed to go behind the bar to make the drinks. This time, all the drink making happened in front of the bar. They would pick people to go up to make the drinks and had five people at a time making a drink.
During our mixology later in the week, our instructor told us there had been an incident recently and they had to change how they were doing mixology fleet wide. They weren’t having any guests behind the bar any more. He didn’t say what had happened, though. Your drinks look yummy!

I was excited to learn how to make Seabass
Another event we didn’t make it to! I’m sorry you you make the ravioli again!

Dinner this night was in Animator's Palate. I just love their butter knives.
The cutest butter knives ever!

so I ended up changing after dinner and we never got any pictures taken
Awww, bummer no pics!!!

He enjoyed the steak and I had a small bite of it.
I had the steak this night and it was quite good, although it was missing the potatoes the first go around. Your pasta purses entree looked great!!

Hi, following along. We were on the cruise right after yours(Jan.12). We always go to the Anyone Can Cook demos also. We've always had the lobster ravioli. We went to it and I was excited because it was listed as being sea bass, but just like on your cruise they changed it to the ravioli. They didn't give us a reason though. We had the same chef, I also had a hard time understanding him. My dh and I did a Disney cruise for our honeymoon on the Magic in 2001.
Thanks for joining! That is so weird that they did the switch on the food! For mine it just seemed like a lack of communication and an excusable mistake, but doing it the following week too? That is really weird. It seems like that chef just wants to make what he wants to make. I bet your honeymoon cruise was magical :)

During our mixology later in the week, our instructor told us there had been an incident recently and they had to change how they were doing mixology fleet wide. They weren’t having any guests behind the bar any more. He didn’t say what had happened, though. Your drinks look yummy!
Oh interesting! I didn't ask why they weren't letting us behind the bar, I had just figured that the bartenders made the decision. I wonder what happened to make it stop.

Another event we didn’t make it to! I’m sorry you you make the ravioli again!
These are fun! Although if they make us eat the ravioli again I might swear them off lol.

Joining in!

We will be on the Fantasy in just over two months and I can't wait! Your concierge room looks absolutely incredible :love:

Following along your trip report. We were on the same cruise as you. We had a great time! The weather was absolutely perfect!
Looking forward to reading the rest of your report!

Following along!

I forgot to quote everything else, except this:
upload_2019-1-18_9-26-21-png.376254

There was a funny reflection in our balcony glass that made the sun duplicate. Since this was a Star Wars cruise I thought it was very appropriate representation of the two suns on Tatooine.
So so awesome!

I really want to take a Fantasy SWDAS cruise, but don't know when I'll ever get the chance!

Joining in!

We will be on the Fantasy in just over two months and I can't wait! Your concierge room looks absolutely incredible :love:
:welcome: Have fun on your cruise! I miss the ship, you're going to a great time. I love that room.

Following along your trip report. We were on the same cruise as you. We had a great time! The weather was absolutely perfect!
Looking forward to reading the rest of your report!
How fun! I always think it's fun seeing how someone's cruise went that I was also on, its a fun and unique perspective. The weather was really amazing, I remember reading leading up to the cruise it was supposed to rain every day, but it ended up being great.

Following along!

I forgot to quote everything else, except this:

So so awesome!

I really want to take a Fantasy SWDAS cruise, but don't know when I'll ever get the chance!
I loved how the reflection did that and it was so perfect for a Star Wars cruise :) If you do decide to book one, I recommend doing it before they officially become Star Wars, it'll be cheaper. They seem to be consistently January-beginning of March.

Especially with the Galaxy's Edge hotel as an alternative. Eventually.
That hotel is going to be so cool! I can't wait to see details once it opens. I am keeping a wide berth from Disney when Galaxy's Edge opens though, I don't want to deal with the crazy crowds!

January 7th - Cozumel

For this cruise we had decided to have a relaxing, romantic honeymoon and didn't book more than one excursion. We actually barely got off the boat the entire cruise. We've both been to all these islands many times before, so we didn't feel like we were missing out and I wanted to enjoy the ship for as long as possible.

upload_2019-1-29_11-42-58.png

When I woke up we were already docked. We had a view of the ocean and a little farther down there were two Carnival ships. I was surprised they were at a different dock, I feel like those were far from a lot of things. Every time I've been to Cozumel we've been at this dock, which is connected to the shopping mall.

upload_2019-1-29_11-44-42.png

The water was so blue here! It was hard to capture on my iPhone, but it was really beautiful. I wish the water along Florida looked like this.

upload_2019-1-29_11-45-47.png

We went to the Concierge lounge for some snacks before heading off the boat. I wanted to just walk around a little bit to say we actually did get off the boat.

upload_2019-1-29_11-46-56.png

They have a replica of the Fantasy inside the Concierge Lounge.

upload_2019-1-29_11-47-47.png

I love the details on this ship! I had looked into buying the little ships they sold in the gift shops, but they didn't have the details like the back of the ships Dumbo so we decided not to get it.

upload_2019-1-29_11-49-12.png

upload_2019-1-29_11-49-33.png

We were docked next to the MSC Opera. It looked like it might be one of their older, smaller ships. I was surprised to notice that they were actually using this port to board passengers, along with having it as a stop for people to get off. I wouldn't think Cozumel would be a normal starting point for a cruise.

upload_2019-1-29_11-50-56.png

It was getting a little cloudy out. This is the long pier leading towards the mall. On a previous cruise the last time I was here I actually saw people run down this long pier to get back on the ship when they were late. It was pretty funny, my friend and I were at dinner and had a window view of the pier and it was a guy and girl and the guy sprinted off ahead of the girl to try and get to the ship quicker. They did make it, but the ship left right after they got on so they were very lucky.

upload_2019-1-29_11-52-57.png

Looking back at our pretty ship. I really do think Disney cruises are the prettiest out of all the cruise lines.

upload_2019-1-29_11-54-2.png

Walking on the pier you can see the different shades of blue in the water. It was so clear you could see all the different types of fish swimming around.

Continued in next post...

January 7th - Cozumel Continued

upload_2019-1-29_11-55-15.png

I thought this sign is hilarious, especially number 2 where it says stay unformed.

upload_2019-1-29_12-1-12.png

Inside the mall there is a huge Cozumel sign you can stand in to take pictures. While we were waiting our turn to take a picture there were these girls that had to be gymnasts or something. They climbed on top of the letters (there is a sign saying not to climb on the letters, oh well) and then were doing splits on top of them. It was a little impressive. I simply stood behind the M lol.

upload_2019-1-29_12-4-19.png

There was a human statue that was apparently on break and didn't go very far, because we could clearly see them on their cell phone!

upload_2019-1-29_12-5-21.png

They had some FSU merchandise!

We bought a couple trinkets for DH's daughters, tiny little miniature sombreros, they were super cute.

upload_2019-1-29_12-6-48.png

We decided after about thirty minutes off the ship it was time to head back. I loved the look of all the ships smoke stacks lining up like this.

upload_2019-1-29_12-7-59.png

When we got off the ship this dog was sniffing everyone's bags that were coming into Mexico. He had had a long hard day and was deserving of a nap. Good doggo.

upload_2019-1-29_12-9-11.png

upload_2019-1-29_12-9-41.png

I find it interesting how in land hotels the number 13 is skipped for being bad luck, but it isn't on cruiseships.

upload_2019-1-29_12-10-46.png

We decided to explore the ship and take advantage that it was almost empty.

upload_2019-1-29_12-11-37.png

Continued next post...

upload_2019-1-29_12-12-31.png

Royal Court was open for lunch so we decided to see how it was.

upload_2019-1-29_12-13-28.png

Something I noticed when we checked in was that they wrote down VIP on a piece of paper when they handed us off to get seated. We were seated next to a window and it was a nice view.

upload_2019-1-29_12-14-25.png

I wasn't super hungry and just got a small meal this time.

upload_2019-1-29_12-15-14.png

This is the Roasted Olivers with Rosemary and Feta Cheese, Sliced Cacciatore and Roasted bell peppers. This was actually really delicious!

upload_2019-1-29_12-16-19.png

I have no clue what this is lol. Something my DH ordered.

We did try the soups.

upload_2019-1-29_12-17-15.png

DH got the tomato soup, which he really enjoyed.

upload_2019-1-29_12-17-42.png

I got the split yellow pea soup. This was sooo good! It was creamy and delicious and I seriously considered getting a second one, but didn't.

upload_2019-1-29_12-19-8.png

DH got the salad with chicken. I don't think I had a single piece of lettuce the entire cruise. We'll chalk it up to the whole romaine lettuce scare.

upload_2019-1-29_12-20-22.png

I got a Mickey bar for dessert. I love these! They are pretty pricey in the parks, but on the ship they are free! I had a few of these throughout the cruise for dessert.

upload_2019-1-29_12-21-17.png

DH's dessert. I don't remember if he liked this or not.

Continued next post...

upload_2019-1-29_12-22-59.png

It looked like an excursion was going by our window as we were about to leave lunch.

upload_2019-1-29_12-23-37.png

We decided to do some people watching on the 4th deck that faced the other cruise ship. This was how we discovered that the ship was boarding passengers as well as having passengers off for the day. This line seemed to just grow and grow and grow. It was terribly organized, but they were playing fun loud music. People who were checking in for their new cruise went to the left, people returning from a day in port went to the right.

upload_2019-1-29_12-25-21.png

It's a little scary standing under the lifeboats, they are huge and look very heavy.

upload_2019-1-29_12-26-3.png

The line was getting really long! It was so long that people who were returning to the ship started to get confused because they no longer could see the sign telling them to go to the right.

upload_2019-1-29_12-26-54.png

The guy in the sleeveless sailor outfit was an employee of the MSC. I don't think they'd ever have outfits like that on Disney.

So we stood out here watching these people for a really long time. At one point a family tried talking their way out of the line to the front. They got out went to the front and I guess the person working the front of the line said no because they sadly went back to their spot in line. Many of the people were taking pictures of our ship.

We decided to head inside and sit down for a little bit. We went to the Skyline Lounge where we had the place to ourselves again and relaxed, watching the different skylines.

upload_2019-1-29_12-29-0.png

London! I'll be there in a couple months!

upload_2019-1-29_12-29-32.png

I found Mickey waiving from the window!

upload_2019-1-29_12-30-5.png

Budapest. I went here for a weekend when I studied abroad in college. It's a really pretty city and I walked on that bridge and along this river so it was fun seeing this.

Eventually we went back out onto the outside deck and I noticed a little hidden Mickey in water droplets on the ground.

upload_2019-1-29_12-31-32.png

upload_2019-1-29_12-32-13.png

Continued next post...

We went back to our room to relax and we ended up watching the new Jurassic World 2 movie. I love the first one, but wasn't really wow'd by this one. I felt like the storyline was really similar to the second Jurassic Park movie. DH loves napping so he mostly slept through the movie.

upload_2019-1-29_12-34-47.png

We popped over to the lounge for some snacks and they had my favorites out. Egg salad sandwich. I will not tell you how many I ate.

upload_2019-1-29_12-35-42.png

So, originally I thought this was fog, but later discovered it was actually rain. It apparently stormed a lot while we were watching the movie/napping and completely missed it.

The lounge was having a surprise character meet and greet at 4pm so we headed over there. It was originally supposed to be on the sundeck, but because of the rain they moved the event inside the lounge.

upload_2019-1-29_12-36-59.png

We had a chocolate and vanilla milkshake. These were okay, a little icy for my taste.

upload_2019-1-29_12-37-44.png

They had a musician singing for entertainment.

Since it was a special event they were also serving alcohol.

upload_2019-1-29_12-38-35.png

I got a chocolate martini that didn't really taste like a chocolate martini.

upload_2019-1-29_12-39-13.png

Ashley, one of the three concierge hosts was dressed up for pirate night that night.

Pluto ended up being the surprise guest and everyone got to take pictures with him.

We went outside to see how the pier was looking. The deck was really wet from the rain.

upload_2019-1-29_12-41-22.png

It was getting close to all aboard time and it looked like an excursion had just got back.

upload_2019-1-29_12-42-12.png

It was storming off in the distance.

upload_2019-1-29_12-43-56.png

The glass we were looking through was a bit wet from the rain, but there are two people out there running for the ship. It was all aboard time and they were casually walking along the pier, then an announcement was made on the ship and the people panicked and started to run. They had a ship's officer walking behind them so I don't think they should have been too worried.

upload_2019-1-29_12-48-20.png

Up next, we skipped pirate night to go to Palo...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!