Honeymooning on the Fantasy SWDAS *COMPLETED 3/7*

I wonder if that guy was selling the name tag on ebay, why else would he be so picky and then not even wear it? We didn't do the hidden porg thing either, but saw a ton of people doing it. I LOVE your idea of dressing the babies up as BB8 and racing them, that would be so much more entertaining. I think the way it is now is only fun if you are the one doing it, otherwise it's kinda boring to watch. My dd got the BB8 cup on our 2017 cruise. She uses it every day, she got the Crush cup this past cruise and that thing is a pain to wash, plus the lid doesn't screw on like the BB8 one does, so I let her use it once and put it away(Just in case you ever want to get one, skip the Crush one). The elevators by AP have movie film design on the doors, we ate there 3 times and I didn't notice until our last time eating there. I had a Dole Whip with spice rum on our Wonder cruise and thought it was good, but I've never had a real one from the parks. I didn't know they had them on the Fantasy, drats, I would have gotten one. I'll have to remember and get one on our cruise next year!!

I had some of this coffee on the Wonder. I was falling asleep mid-afternoon and asked for the strongest coffee drink they had. The barista had a thick Eastern European accent and I thought he was calling it a Code Blue. Turns out, when I asked for it again the next morning with different staff, it was just cold brew. They thought that was pretty funny.
LOL that is really funny. It looks like it would be a strong coffee.

It's Zam Wesell. I think it's a CM because it seems like I see her in every SWDAS trip report.
The costume did look really professional, but so did so many guests it was hard to tell sometimes. She was just walking by when we were in line to take a picture and a lot of people stopped her to take one.

I wonder if that guy was selling the name tag on ebay, why else would he be so picky and then not even wear it?
Oh that's possible, I didn't even think of that. His behavior was just really odd.

LOVE your idea of dressing the babies up as BB8 and racing them, that would be so much more entertaining. I think the way it is now is only fun if you are the one doing it, otherwise it's kinda boring to watch.
Next time I'll add it to the comment card :) Some of the races we watched were funny because BB-8's head kept falling off and it was a mad dash to try and reassemble him before the other one won.

My dd got the BB8 cup on our 2017 cruise. She uses it every day, she got the Crush cup this past cruise and that thing is a pain to wash, plus the lid doesn't screw on like the BB8 one does, so I let her use it once and put it away(Just in case you ever want to get one, skip the Crush one).
Good to know!

The elevators by AP have movie film design on the doors, we ate there 3 times and I didn't notice until our last time eating there.
Oh cool I didn't notice that. I don't think I ever used those elevators, this was the closest I had gotten to them.

I had a Dole Whip with spice rum on our Wonder cruise and thought it was good, but I've never had a real one from the parks. I didn't know they had them on the Fantasy, drats, I would have gotten one. I'll have to remember and get one on our cruise next year!!
I think they might be on all the ships, not 100% sure though. You definitely need to try one in the parks, they are so good! The Polynesian also has them and is a lot less crowded.

January 10th - Palo Brunch

This was both of our first experience trying the Palo Brunch. I've read good things about it so we figured we'd go for it. Full disclosure, I wasn't wow'd like most people are and definitely prefer dinner. It might have been because I was so stuffed with food by this point, but I kept comparing it to the California Grill brunch at Disney, which is amazing and I didn't think this lived up to that.

upload_2019-2-15_7-33-18.png

We had our same waiter from dinner a couple nights ago. It's terrible I can't remember his name. I'm the type of person when someone tells me their name I immediately forget it. Next time I'll try and get a picture of people's nametags so I can remember better.

We were seated at a table next to the window and near the buffet set up, which was nice that we didn't have to walk far.

upload_2019-2-15_7-34-45.png

The one thing I really liked about brunch were the views. Since dinner is mostly in darkness, brunch has these amazing ocean views the entire meal.

upload_2019-2-15_7-35-55.png

The way brunch works: they give you a menu and you can pick as many items from it as you'd like, as well as go up to the buffet and get as much as you'd like from there. Our waiter told us to take our time with the buffet and let him know when we'd be ready for the meals we picked from the menu.

He recommended the Parmesan-crusted chicken breast and Lasagna Bolognaise, so that's what we ordered.

upload_2019-2-15_7-38-25.png

At the start of the meal they offer you a complementary mimosa or non-alcoholic beverage. I had asked if instead of a mimosa I could have a peach Bellini and was told no.

Our waiter walked us around the buffet, explaining all the food options as we went.

upload_2019-2-15_7-40-42.png

upload_2019-2-15_7-41-11.png

upload_2019-2-15_7-41-31.png

These are set up in the large room where the special table for dinner is (the one where you must have at least 8 people)

upload_2019-2-15_7-42-24.png

The dessert table was my favorite.

upload_2019-2-15_7-42-51.png

My first plate of food. I tried to get a little of everything. The brightly colored cheese is infused with red wine. In the shot glass is hummus, this tasted really good. The beef in the back is what is served on the anti-pasta plate at dinner.

upload_2019-2-15_7-44-13.png

Our waiter showed up with my peach Bellini. He said he went to talk to some head honchos about getting me the drink. They said because I did the cooking experience there the day before they would give me this on the house. So that was a nice surprise. I love this drink a lot more than a mimosa.

Continued next post...

January 10th - Palo Brunch

We said we were ready for the main courses and they were brought out just as we were finishing up the buffet food.

upload_2019-2-15_7-46-32.png

I got the chicken, it comes on a bed of risotto. This was delicious.

upload_2019-2-15_7-47-7.png

DH got the lasagna and he agreed with the waiter that it was the best he'd ever had.

upload_2019-2-15_7-47-50.png

We went by some land, not sure what it was. There was nothing on this stretch of land except that lighthouse.

upload_2019-2-15_7-48-24.png

My dessert plate. All of this was delicious.

And then I was stuffed and didn't want to eat anymore. I think it was a huge amount of food, but our waiter was concerned we didn't want another meal from the menu or five more trips to the buffet. I just couldn't eat another bite. I really feel like everyone on the ship was trying to fatten me up.

So it was a nice meal, but I don't think I'd do it again. I much prefer dinner and with the price increase we will only be picking one next time. Same as dinner, we paid $30 instead of the new $40 since we booked before the price increase.

If you're not into Star Wars, I do recommend doing this lunch on Star Wars day. There was nothing in the restaurant about Star Wars, you couldn't hear the music or anything. So it is a nice little break. I did go with my Princess Leia buns though, so you might see some people in costume.

Up next, the rest of Star Wars Day at Sea...

That brunch looks so good!

I have both brunch and dinner reserved for our April cruise and I was thinking of cancelling the dinner and now I'm possibly considering cancelling the brunch as well. I just can't eat that much and I kind of hate the really stuffed feeling I get after eating at buffets. For some reason, I'm able to control myself at Cabanas, and I end up getting some eggs and yogurt, but I think If I was paying $100 for the two of us, I'd want to "get my money's worth," and just feel gross for the rest of the day.

I think I have up until 3 days before the cancel so I'm still thinking about it. If I kept either one though, it would be brunch since that appeals to me more than the dinner.

I agree with you about Palo brunch. I thought it was good, but not as good as it is hyped up to be. I doubt we'll do it on our next cruise.

I personally think there is quite a difference between Palo brunch on the Wonder/Magic vs. Dream/Fantasy. The Magic/Wonder has a larger selection and more dramatic presentation that "wows" me every time. I was underwhelmed on the Fantasy, where they were missing several of my favorite items and the buffet was put into a dark room in the back, with no wow factor at all.

I preferred our Palo brunch on the Magic to our Palo dinner on the Wonder. I'd happily do either one again, however.

We always enjoy Palo brunch, its a favorite and a must do for us.
Our tradition is to do it on the first sea day, no-one is feeling "stuffed" yet. The thing with the brunch for us is its usually our only full meal of the day.
We may grab a salad later in the evening, but thats about it.

Re the Bellini request,it does irritate me that they always do that in Palo. Say no to special requests and then come back with a big production of making an exception after all. I’ve seen that on so many trip reports and it happened with us as well. It’s cheesy. And kind of dishonest.

Your brunch looked very good. We have previously done it and I believe it was $20 (this was 4 years ago), I don't think I will do it at the $40 price point.

So we did both brunch and dinner on the Fantasy last April. We enjoyed brunch but honestly I would be okay with not doing it again. However, dinner I loved. I am dreaming of having the dover sole again in April.

That brunch looks so good!

I have both brunch and dinner reserved for our April cruise and I was thinking of cancelling the dinner and now I'm possibly considering cancelling the brunch as well. I just can't eat that much and I kind of hate the really stuffed feeling I get after eating at buffets. For some reason, I'm able to control myself at Cabanas, and I end up getting some eggs and yogurt, but I think If I was paying $100 for the two of us, I'd want to "get my money's worth," and just feel gross for the rest of the day.

I think I have up until 3 days before the cancel so I'm still thinking about it. If I kept either one though, it would be brunch since that appeals to me more than the dinner.
Yes you can cancel up to three days before the cruise. Both dinner and brunch make me stuffed, but I was a little less stuffed at dinner. Although they try to make you eat the entire restaurant you don't have to walk out extremely full. It's nice to have one meal that's adult only and a more relaxing experience than the MDR. So I think you should keep one.

I agree with you about Palo brunch. I thought it was good, but not as good as it is hyped up to be. I doubt we'll do it on our next cruise.
Ya, from reading on here I think I went in with really high expectations. I've just had better elsewhere. Not that the food was bad or anything. We won't be doing a brunch again I don't think.

I personally think there is quite a difference between Palo brunch on the Wonder/Magic vs. Dream/Fantasy. The Magic/Wonder has a larger selection and more dramatic presentation that "wows" me every time. I was underwhelmed on the Fantasy, where they were missing several of my favorite items and the buffet was put into a dark room in the back, with no wow factor at all.
That's interesting that they are so different. Maybe I'll try it out when we are back on the Classics. What items were missing from the Fantasy that you liked?

I preferred our Palo brunch on the Magic to our Palo dinner on the Wonder. I'd happily do either one again, however.
I think if I had had the brunch in the beginning of the cruise I might have enjoyed it more. I was just so over food by that point lol.

We always enjoy Palo brunch, its a favorite and a must do for us.
Our tradition is to do it on the first sea day, no-one is feeling "stuffed" yet. The thing with the brunch for us is its usually our only full meal of the day.
We may grab a salad later in the evening, but thats about it.
I think that's a good plan. Having it at the end of our cruise we were already so stuffed with food from the week I was a bit over it all lol. And we had a full dinner that night too lol.

Re the Bellini request,it does irritate me that they always do that in Palo. Say no to special requests and then come back with a big production of making an exception after all. I’ve seen that on so many trip reports and it happened with us as well. It’s cheesy. And kind of dishonest.
That's interesting that this is a thing. I didn't realize that, just thought they were doing us a favor. It does make them seem like they are going above and beyond so I guess I could see why they'd do it that way.

Your brunch looked very good. We have previously done it and I believe it was $20 (this was 4 years ago), I don't think I will do it at the $40 price point.
$20 would have been nice lol. I could see how you wouldn't want to pay double for it. They keep raising their prices. We had been on the fence about going back to Remy, but the huge price increase we won't be going back there for sure. Palo dinner is still ok for now.

So we did both brunch and dinner on the Fantasy last April. We enjoyed brunch but honestly I would be okay with not doing it again. However, dinner I loved. I am dreaming of having the dover sole again in April.
That's exactly how I was with both meals. I'll need to try the dover sole, I thought about getting it, but there were so many items I wanted to try it was hard to pick.

January 10th - Star Wars Day at Sea Part 2

Having Palo brunch on the Star Wars Day at Sea was a nice little break from the festivities, although it wasn't my first choice of when I would have gone.

upload_2019-2-21_7-9-55.png

We went back to the lobby to see what was going on. Something I hadn't experienced on other cruises, when we went to take pictures where Cast Members weren't around, the photographer would not use your phone to take a picture. So we ended up asking people in line to take our photos and then we would take theirs.

upload_2019-2-21_7-11-23.png

The BB-8's were ready to race.

It was time for our last character meet and greet: C-3PO and R2D2. They were also in Animator's Palate, but on the opposite side from where Chewbacca was meeting so people wouldn't see each other.

upload_2019-2-21_7-13-13.png

Before we got up there it was time for their break.

upload_2019-2-21_7-13-40.png

upload_2019-2-21_7-13-59.png

I thought it was interesting how they pushed all the tables together to make room. You can see the end of the line snaking its way out of the restaurant.

upload_2019-2-21_7-14-53.png

When C-3PO was coming back so was Chewbacca. They had to part ways and C-3PO was waving goodbye to his friend.

The Concierge team told us about a special get together happening on the sundeck where drinks would be served before the normal 5pm. They did say that no character would be appearing, but people were still hopeful a storm trooper was going to show up, none ever did.

upload_2019-2-21_7-18-56.png

upload_2019-2-21_7-19-25.png

I had a cupcake with BB-8 on it.

upload_2019-2-21_7-19-50.png

The bar set up on the sundeck. A lot of people attended and we ended up hanging out with some friends we had made throughout the cruise.

upload_2019-2-21_7-20-42.png

The bartender was making these for someone else, but misunderstood how many the guy wanted so I ended up taking the extra. I think it was wine and fruit? Or sparkling wine. I'm not really sure what was in it, but it did taste good. We hung out up here socializing until it was time for dinner.

Continued next post...

Dinner was back in Animator's Palate. I had hoped they would play Star Wars clips on the screens, but they didn't do anything. I think that's a missed opportunity with how the room is set up.

upload_2019-2-21_7-23-22.png

The napkins are folded to look like the planes in the movies.

upload_2019-2-21_7-24-10.png

This is what was on the screens throughout the dinner.

upload_2019-2-21_7-24-40.png

upload_2019-2-21_7-24-54.png

They had a special themed menu for tonight. All the food was categorized by planet, but the actual food is just normal food not presented in any special way.

upload_2019-2-21_7-25-41.png

upload_2019-2-21_7-26-2.png

While waiting for the food I was playing around with the Disney Cruise App.

upload_2019-2-21_7-28-48.png

upload_2019-2-21_7-29-4.png

It apparently has little fun facts.

upload_2019-2-21_7-29-56.png

I got the empanadas. These were really good, but not as good as the one I had on the first day at the concierge lunch.

upload_2019-2-21_7-30-48.png

DH's soup.

Continued next post...

upload_2019-2-21_7-32-22.png

I got the chowder, which was very good.

upload_2019-2-21_7-32-51.png

So I was advised against ordering this and didn't listen. It was the cheese souffle. I love souffles and I love cheese so I thought this would be a perfect dish for me. DO. NOT. ORDER. THIS. It was disgusting. I don't know what they did to it, but it was beyond terrible.

upload_2019-2-21_7-34-7.png

I also thought I'd try the flatbread, I normally love flatbreads. I was also warned not to order this. I should listen more. It was also not good. It was like the chef had no clue what a flatbread was and everything on top didn't go well together.

upload_2019-2-21_7-35-9.png

DH got the steak, which he enjoyed a lot.

upload_2019-2-21_7-35-42.png

When I had ordered the flatbread our server insisted I pick a backup dish because she knew I wasn't going to like it. So I picked the scallops with pasta. The pasta part was delicious, the scallops weren't cooked properly.

upload_2019-2-21_7-36-44.png

The dessert menu.

upload_2019-2-21_7-38-29.png

upload_2019-2-21_7-39-4.png

I thought the macaroons sounded good, I love Raspberry and Lemon combos. This was pretty tasty.

upload_2019-2-21_7-39-40.png

DH went with the sundae and enjoyed this. I like the Han Solo chocolate piece on top.

upload_2019-2-21_7-41-0.png

We went back to the room and I know this is something Star Wars related, but I have no clue what it is. Does anyone know?

Continued next post...

So I forgot to mention I started getting sick on this day. I was so upset when I woke up with a head cold. I had been sick on my last cruise and had been determined to be healthy for this one. I had been eating lots of vitamin gummies and trying my best to stay healthy. I'm guessing it was because I ate a lot of finger food on the cruise. I washed my hands a lot, but I would open the concierge door and then eat finger food and I think that might have been where I picked something up. I was happy that at least I got sick near the end of the cruise, but it still sucked that I got sick at all.

DH went to watch the Star Wars firework show and film it for me on his phone to watch later, which I still haven't done and don't have any of his pictures to add here. He did say it was a lot of fun. I'm bummed that I missed out on it.

upload_2019-2-21_7-44-54.png

I realized I hadn't taken any pictures of the bathroom yet, so I went around doing that.

upload_2019-2-21_7-45-23.png

This tub did get used this time, we didn't use it the last time we were in the room. It's a really nice bath tub with powered jets to make it feel like a hot tub.

upload_2019-2-21_7-46-9.png

The shower was awesome, great water pressure and I loved the rain shower head above.

upload_2019-2-21_7-46-50.png

Although it's a really nice shower, it's still a cruise shower and kind of tiny.

upload_2019-2-21_7-47-35.png

The main bathroom.

upload_2019-2-21_7-48-8.png

This is the second bathroom that is located near the front door. This was DH's bathroom, I didn't let him use mine lol.

upload_2019-2-21_7-48-48.png

His shower.

upload_2019-2-21_7-49-15.png

We had a second towel animal, Yoda. He was propped up against the wall for support.

On the Disney Cruise App for texting they have little Disney emoji characters:

upload_2019-2-21_7-50-17.png

upload_2019-2-21_7-50-33.png

I thought these were so cute, I wish there was a way to have them through normal texting.

So that concludes our Star Wars Day at Sea. It was a lot of fun, I really like Star Wars and thought this was a really cool way to immerse ourselves into it. I would definitely book another themed cruise, after all I need to see the Star Wars fireworks.

Up next our last day on the cruise...

Dinner was back in Animator's Palate. I had hoped they would play Star Wars clips on the screens, but they didn't do anything. I think that's a missed opportunity with how the room is set up.

I agree completely. That's a surprising omission with all their other details. And how often they run these cruises.

That looks remarkably like the Hulk-themed bread on Marvel Day at Sea.

I just realized we had the same dinner rotation on our cruise as yours!(our cruise was the week after yours). I was also bummed that they don't do anything more in AP for dinner. I'm guessing they don't because if they did, everyone would request the rotation that would get them to eat there on SW night. On our 2017 SW cruise we were in EG, it was weird to eat in that environment(more formal) on SW night. I was glad we were in AP for this cruise even though they didn't do anything special for it. I had gotten the cheese souffle also, and agree with you about it. As I've read your report I've seen that you and I order a lot of the same food, so funny. I have a notebook that I write stuff in that I want to remember about when we go on a cruise. I have a list of food that you've tried and said is good that I haven't tried yet that I'm going to try on our next cruise. I always get the same stuff and want to try some new stuff from now on. I'll still always get the black truffle pasta in AP and the pork chop there, both are so good! I was wondering about the showers in your cabin, I've seen videos of them and thought they look small. I love the round showers with the rainforest shower heads that they have in the family size cabins. I didn't know about the facts on the app, I'll have to remember to look at it next time. Sorry you started to feel ill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter