Honeymoon Suggestions and Hotel Picks

SnoWhite

<font color=blue>If you spot a man in plaid pants,
My fiance and I are getting married next April and will be honeymooning in WDW! He has never been there before, I have been a few times. First of all we can't figure out where we want to stay! We are debating between the Boardwalk Inn and the Yacht Club. I have stayed at the YC and loved it, but we thought maybe the BWI would be nice, and it's right by Jellyrolls, etc. I'd love to hear comments/suggestions either way!

Also, what are some must do things for our honeymoon trip? Remembering that he has never been to WDW before, so we are going to try to get as much of the parks in as we can, and then try to do a few extras. We will only be there 8 days, so that's the time that we have to work with.

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Lisa

Lisa, CONGRATS and best wishes for a long, prosperous & happy life together!

Wow, a honeymoon at WDW. I don't know about BWI (never stayed there), so I can't help much on that one. You might check the Resort Board for threads on the BWI. From what I've read, it's a really nice resort.

What to do: here are some things my DW and I did for our 25th anniversary.

1) Plan a meal at the Garden Grill (The Land @ Epcot) and ask to do the rehitching ceremony. You exchange vows again (kinda silly) & then kiss to the count of 100 (and people in the restaurant count for you. It's 1 to 10 by 1's, then 10 to 100 by 10's. Do it during a meal and you get a nice cake and certificate. It's silly, fun and especially cute if you wear your Mickey groom's hat and Minnie wedding veil!

2) Illuminations or MK Fireworks cruise -- try to schedule one early and tell them you are on your honeymoon. We managed to get a boat to ourselves (!!) with desserts and soft drinks. The boat was decorated with balloons and after Illuminations our captain took us over toward the Studios and we caught the end of Fantasmic.

3) Spend an evening at the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island. When Babylonia finds out it's your honeymoon, you could become the center attraction for a few minutes. It's a great way to spend an evening laughing and watching some great shows and interactions. You may want to sneak out & check out the improv show at the Comedy Warehouse.

4) Share a Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream (BC). Yeah, it's a lot of ice cream, but it's a great experience, assuming you don't explode :eek: !

5) Ask Disney Dining to note your honeymoon on all your PS. It's doesn't guarantee anything special, but you might be surprised by some extra Disney magic!

Best wishes for a super-magical honeymoon at WDW!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ditto to everything Eeyore said! We went to the Adventurer's Club on the night that we got married, and they made a big deal out of it!! And our dinner at the Garden Grill was the number one highlight of the trip!

Make sure that the first stop you make is at the Grand Floridian to the wedding gift shop, and pick up your wedding hats. You will need barrettes or bobby pins for yours, his will just fit on his head. We got brought to the front of the line on SO many rides, or got to ride some twice in a row (For instance, Splash Mountain, we got our own boat and when the ride was over, they asked us if we wanted to go through again - we didn't even get out of the boat! At Space Mountain, a CM brought us through the "back way" to get right back on a new car with no wait!) It's not guaranteed, but it's a nice treat when it happens, and quickly convinced my new husband that "looking like a dork" would pay off. (He learned to love that hat!)

Plus, walking through the parks, EVERYONE will stop and say "Congratulations". And if you stand in line to meet up with the characters, they usually play along. Mickey checked out the size of my ring, Cinderella got "jealous"...it's really a lot of fun.

Make sure that wherever you stay, they know it's your honeymoon. We received balloons and a picture frame and an autographed picture of a bunch of characters on our first night at the Contemporary.

Definitely take a night to sit on the beach at the Polynesian and watch the fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant. VERY romantic.

Get PS at CRT for around a half hour before MK Fireworks. Tell them it's your Honeymoon & ask for a window seat. We did this twice in a week (we didn't get an actual window seat, but both times had views of the windows!) The fireworks display over dinner is amazing. Makes for some great Honeymoon memories.

Congratulations!

Lighte

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter