honeymoon room at GF?

Alice42

Alice in Wonderland lover
Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the honeymoon room (or is it a suite???) at the GF? I am thinking about staying there for our weddingmoon. :) I was wondering if it has a balcony that overlooks the castle, how much it costs per night, and if it is worth it.
Thanks for any information!
Laurie
:smooth:

The disney website lists prices for honeymoon suites for 2003 for the GF. I know there are 2 types of honeymoon rooms but I don't know if the price is different or not.

Hi! We stayed in one of the turret honeymoon rooms, during our Disney wedding. It was a big, octagonal room, with windows all around the room. Some of those have views of the MK, and others have views of the wedding pavilion. The turret rooms do not have a balcony. There are also the jacuzzi honeymoon rooms, which are supposedly more like a regular room, with a jacuzzi tub and balcony. I know that at least some of those have MK views. As a warning, once you stay in one of the honeymoon rooms, you can't go back :)
Cheers!
Heather W
8/5/02

Hi, I can only tell you about the honeymoon room (suite) that I stayed in in august 2001. It was abirthday trip from my husband, we'd been married for 5 1/2 years and I was 8 months pregnant with our 2nd baby (2 boys). I had heard about a friend who honeymooned in such a room and wanted to experience it. We requested a room with a jacuzzi tub and a view of the castle. We called ahead about 3 days before our arrival to be sure that when they assigned the rooms we'd get our preference. We had a lovely room that had a view of the castle and jacuzzi tub as requested. It was beautiful. I enjoyed drinking a couple of sips of champagne as my husband and I watched the fireworks, and tried the jacuzzi tub one day with bubbles. The bubbles are not a good idea in the tub with the jets on, there were bubbles everywhere. This room was a concierge level room which included snacks in the concierge lounge which we basically took advantage of to gnosh on through out the day and then splurged on a fabulous dinner each night. The room itself was a standard room with a king size bed. It could have been a bit bigger for the money in my opinion. The balcony was adequate with 2 chairs and a mini table. It was lovely altogether. I guess that you need to decide between the tub and balcony or the probably more spacious turret rooms. Disney has all of the square footages of their rooms in their computer system, so when you call they will be able to give you the numbers. But, be sure that you request a room with a view of the castle whichever you choose. Happy Honeymooning!!! Best Wishes !!![/COLOR:earsboy::p

Thanks for the responses. The GF honeymoon room sounds wonderful. I definitely want a balcony, jacuzzi, and concierge.
I was also wondering how much these rooms cost per night. I know its not cheap, but it will be worth it!!!
Thanks again!:p
Laurie:smooth:

Just a quick thought - while you are at Disney this winter why not stop over at the GF and ask to see one of each room. This way you can see first hand what they are like and make your decision based on your own judgement. I realize that you are going at a busy time, but if they are all full this time, maybe you can see them during another trip when the hotel is not as likely to be as full.:earsboy:

As far as cost goes, the rooms go for about $600 per night in mid-late August. Expensive, but worth it for your honeymoon... Just start saving your pennies now!:earsboy:

I stayed in both rooms during my honeymoon. I had originally requested the room with a balcony. I didn't really care about the jacuzzi, I just wanted the balcony. I was also told that this floor was private - only honeymooners. Boy, was that WRONG! The room next door to me had some kind of party going on. We came back from Cirque du Soliel at about 11pm and began to walk down the hall to our room....halfway down the hall we could hear the laughing. We called the front desk to see if they could call and quiet them down. They apparently did because a few minutes later, the hallway was filled with people yelling how they were "going to (expeltive) 8-Trax." My husband and I went to sleep....until around 3am when they all came back. They were obviously drunk, giggling and yelling "shhh!!!!" to each other. I had enough. I was paying huge money for that room (granted I got a great discount for having my wedding there, but it was still a lot of money). I had just built a house and decided that I would rather spend my honeymoon in my new home and not pay what I was paying ($325.00/night). I went to the front desk and told the woman that I was checking out. I had planned to stay at one of the International Drive hotels and then catch the first flight home the next day. She went in the back room, looked me up and said "My dear, you're not going anywhere, you're on your honeymoon and you have over two weeks left to go." They put us in a temporary room for the night and the next day I was moved to one of the octagon rooms. At first, I was a little annoyed that I had to lose my balcony because of some fools, but I really grew to love the new room. So, if you don't get your request for the balcony room, don't be upset because I'm a big balcony person and I still loved the octagon room! You really can't go wrong with either type of room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter