Honeymoon Oct 2018

Shutterbug323

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW in October of this year for our honeymoon. I have not been to WDW since I was 10 (now 27) & my fiancé has never been. We are staying in the Caribbean Beach Resort. I just want some recommendations for best restaurants to go to throughout the day and the best attractions that we shouldn’t miss!! Any and all recommendations are welcome! Thank you!! ::MinnieMo::MickeyMopluto:

Congratulations on your honeymoon!!! Are you sure you want to do CB? I've heard it is pretty run down and there is a lot of construction there presently and for the foreseeable future. I would say if you guys like characters then definitely do one of the character meals!! I'm a HUGE Stitch fan and wouldn't miss breakfast at O'Hana for anything!! Are you looking for fun, shows, romantic...?

Congratulations on your honeymoon!!! Are you sure you want to do CB? I've heard it is pretty run down and there is a lot of construction there presently and for the foreseeable future. I would say if you guys like characters then definitely do one of the character meals!! I'm a HUGE Stitch fan and wouldn't miss breakfast at O'Hana for anything!! Are you looking for fun, shows, romantic...?

That is the resort that our travel agent recommended so we trusted her. I doubt we will be in there much anyway but thank you for the heads up! We would love to do just about anything (shows, rides...anything fun to spend all our time together) definitely romantic events would be wonderful too. Are there any special events for Halloween? We will be there from the 15th - 21st.

Ah
That is the resort that our travel agent recommended so we trusted her. I doubt we will be in there much anyway but thank you for the heads up! We would love to do just about anything (shows, rides...anything fun to spend all our time together) definitely romantic events would be wonderful too. Are there any special events for Halloween? We will be there from the 15th - 21st.

Ah!! YES!! Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party!! GOOO!!!!! But make sure you get there early to really take in the whole experience. I think you can get there at 4:00 and they will let you in. It's a hard ticket item. Okay, so breakfast with Stitch is a must for me personally. I loved our reservation at California Grill too! Make reservations for about an hour and a half before fireworks so you aren't leaving your dinner halfway through to go out and watch the fireworks. THAT is a super romantic evening! As far as attractions go people have their must-dos and their never-will-agains. You should know yourself before picking those. Like, do you like coasters? Or sweet little boat rides? Or some of each? There are soo many of them that it's difficult to recommend them without knowing your preferences. And this may seem odd, but certain rides are totally not conducive to certain ailments like epilepsy or bad backs or heart conditions or if you are prone to get nauseous spinning around and around,lol

Ah

Ah!! YES!! Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party!! GOOO!!!!! But make sure you get there early to really take in the whole experience. I think you can get there at 4:00 and they will let you in. It's a hard ticket item. Okay, so breakfast with Stitch is a must for me personally. I loved our reservation at California Grill too! Make reservations for about an hour and a half before fireworks so you aren't leaving your dinner halfway through to go out and watch the fireworks. THAT is a super romantic evening! As far as attractions go people have their must-dos and their never-will-agains. You should know yourself before picking those. Like, do you like coasters? Or sweet little boat rides? Or some of each? There are soo many of them that it's difficult to recommend them without knowing your preferences. And this may seem odd, but certain rides are totally not conducive to certain ailments like epilepsy or bad backs or heart conditions or if you are prone to get nauseous spinning around and around,lol

Definitely wanna check out the Halloween party! & Thanks for the romantic evening dinner plans. I love roller coasters but my fiancé is a little more apprehensive. He is will to ride some w/ me but for the most part mainly attractions, shows, and slower rides. No physical conditions to consider so we should be good there.

Definitely wanna check out the Halloween party! & Thanks for the romantic evening dinner plans. I love roller coasters but my fiancé is a little more apprehensive. He is will to ride some w/ me but for the most part mainly attractions, shows, and slower rides. No physical conditions to consider so we should be good there.

Okay, if that's the case... I would stay away from Tower of Terror. That may be too much for him. Expedition Everest gave me a heart attack and it does A LOT of people. The sucker goes backwards at warp speed on a giant incline. I haven't had much experience with any of the other thrill rides because that is not my thing at all. Just. No. Big Thunder is great. Even I can ride that one and my favorite is It's a Small World, lol! Do BTMR at night. It's amazing at night!! Pirates of course. Jungle Cruise is nice and slow and very entertaining if you like cheesiness and puns. These are all at MK. I suggest you invest in a book or two to give you a bit more information on all the dining and ride options you have. Also check out Disney Food Blog. Invaluable when it comes to eating or drinking anything. Passporters book is a must in my opinion, but there are many others out there. The Unofficial Guide is another really good one. Also look into Touring Plans. They help SO much by letting you plan your day and not cramming TOO much into it because you will not be able to see/experience/eat probably half to 60% of what you want to. It's so large and packed full of fun!

Okay, if that's the case... I would stay away from Tower of Terror. That may be too much for him. Expedition Everest gave me a heart attack and it does A LOT of people. The sucker goes backwards at warp speed on a giant incline. I haven't had much experience with any of the other thrill rides because that is not my thing at all. Just. No. Big Thunder is great. Even I can ride that one and my favorite is It's a Small World, lol! Do BTMR at night. It's amazing at night!! Pirates of course. Jungle Cruise is nice and slow and very entertaining if you like cheesiness and puns. These are all at MK. I suggest you invest in a book or two to give you a bit more information on all the dining and ride options you have. Also check out Disney Food Blog. Invaluable when it comes to eating or drinking anything. Passporters book is a must in my opinion, but there are many others out there. The Unofficial Guide is another really good one. Also look into Touring Plans. They help SO much by letting you plan your day and not cramming TOO much into it because you will not be able to see/experience/eat probably half to 60% of what you want to. It's so large and packed full of fun!

I have the Birnbaum’s 2017 WDW official guide. Thanks for all the recommendations! It definitely gives me places to start!!:stitch2:

For dining, just about all of the signature dining experiences are super wonderful if you’re in the mood for a relaxing dinner that is more upscale.

We love utilizing the photo pass photographers and getting tons of pictures of us. The photographers can be hit or miss for quality, so we take advantage of them whenever we can.

Hope you guys have a wonderful time!

We did Carribean a few years ago. We didn't spend much time there so it was okay. We really liked the swan for future visits, it was cheaper and they upgraded us on our honeymoon. I would definitely make sure to go to the Brown Derby and get the package to see the fireworks. For fast access to attractions I always recommend using touring plans. We used it on our honeymoon and have converted my in-laws. I would skip the Iron Chef restaurant, it was just okay.

Yeah just a heads up- CBR is under heavy, heavy construction. It’s not “run down”, per se, they are just doing a total overhaul to build a new building for DVC and to implement the gondola Sky Liner. CBR is my family’s favorite resort, though. It is our “go to”, and has been for decades! We love it so much, we took our engagement photos there! So I think you will enjoy it, it’s just a shame you’re having to see it in it’s “naked” state so to speak LOL.

Enjoy your trip! Sounds like you guys are doing a lot of great things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter