Honeymoon at Disney

jessc87

Earning My Ears
Hello! My fiance and I are looking into going to Disney for a few days after we get married on 9/29/19. This will be a mini honeymoon as we're going to Ireland next March.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips. We're looking to stay at a resort, either moderate or the lower priced ones. We're also likely just going to epcot and Hollywood We've been to Animal kingdom recently and might not have time for magic kingdom.

TYiA

Hello! My fiance and I are looking into going to Disney for a few days after we get married on 9/29/19. This will be a mini honeymoon as we're going to Ireland next March.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips. We're looking to stay at a resort, either moderate or the lower priced ones. We're also likely just going to epcot and Hollywood We've been to Animal kingdom recently and might not have time for magic kingdom.

TYiA

We just finished a Disneymoon for a week 3/15-3/23. We stayed at Coronado Springs and found it very romantic. They have king rooms too, so you can request one which made it feel a bit more like a honeymoon for us. We also splurged for the Deluxe Dining Plan and did a late breakfast every day about 11 and then a signature meal every night around 7, which was really nice. The epcot resorts have really great restaurants, as does Epcot! LET EVERYONE KNOW it's your honeymoon. We got such love from Disney! Nothing super material, but cast members gave us congratulations, guests did too and we got little cupcakes or a champagne toasts as a few meals. It made us feel really special!

PO-French Quarter might be nice. It's a smaller resort with only one bus stop. It's pretty close to Epcot, so the bus ride is quick. You are a short boat ride to Disney Springs as well.

Hi! Fellow Disney-mooner here as well :blush: Since you're only going for a few nights, have you considered renting DVC points at a deluxe? That way you get a good price, and a very nice and relaxing room that feels more honeymoon-y than a moderate or value!

If the budget can swing it I would definitely pick a moderate over a value for a honeymoon. Moderates are a little calmer and quieter. POFQ being nice and small would be a benefit. If you're planning to do the park from open to close, then a value should be fine, but I'm thinking you may want something a little more relaxing. If you do pick a value, I'd go with pop century because it is newly renovated, has queen size beds, and will have the skyliner for what should be easier access to HS and Epcot. All-star movies is half renovated so its a 50/50 shot if you get a new room and the others haven't been touched yet. The renovated rooms have two queen beds, one of which is a murphy bed so it's out of the way since you won't need it. The unrenovated rooms are two full size beds, a tad too cozy and college like. The value resorts do have some king beds, but it is not bookable room type so run a high risk of not getting one.

Perhaps check to see if the Swan/Dolphin are in your price range. Since EP and HS will be the parks you are going to for this trip, it would be nice to stay in one of the Boardwalk area resorts.

One thing to keep in mind: SWGE is opening is opening 8/29/2019, so a lot of the resorts might be pretty booked up for a little while after that. Just something to keep in mind. :)

We honeymooned at the Yacht Club and loved it. While the resort was great, I also loved being in that area.

Congratulations!!!

Hi! Fellow Disney-mooner here as well :blush: Since you're only going for a few nights, have you considered renting DVC points at a deluxe? That way you get a good price, and a very nice and relaxing room that feels more honeymoon-y than a moderate or value!
I second this. While we love POR, we decided to splurge and stayed at the Beach Club for four days before moving over to the Swan for 8 more days (we held our reception at a Westin, so we had points to burn!). Fast forward seven years later, and now we own DVC at BCV! If you plan on spending most of your time between EPCOT and DHS, you can't beat the location!

Thank you so much for the input everyone.

What would renting DVC points consist of and how would that work? What can I use those on?

What would renting DVC points consist of and how would that work? What can I use those on?

"Renting points" is a bit of a misnomer, as you don't actually get any points. :) People use that term to refer to renting a reservation from a Disney Vacation Club owner. DVC is Disney's version of a timeshare, and the owner would use their points to make a reservation for you at a DVC resort.

You can do this a couple of ways. You can work directly with an owner that you find on our DVC Rent/Trade board. Or, you can use a broker like David's Vacation Club Rentals (dvcrequest.com), who will find an owner for you, manage the process, collect the funds, etc. I usually recommend that those who are new to renting use a broker, even though they're a bit more expensive than working directly with an owner. Check out their site, there's a lot of info there on how the process works.

Renting points differs from making a hotel reservation in several ways, but the two most important things to know are:

1) You need to make your arrangements well in advance of your trip. You're about 5 months out now, so availability is going to be very limited. Most owners book between 7-11 months ahead of their trip.

2) Renting is almost always a final transaction. If you have to cancel, don't expect to get your money back. If you want to change your dates or your resort, you probably won't be able to.

Like Lynne said, you are probably too late to do this. Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec have very few dates available. You need to look into this nine to eleven months out from your trip.

Congrats OP!
Pofq is rather romantic and easily navigated. Boat to disney springs ( even if just for the ride and not to visit/shop). Horse Carriage ride at night. Lovely resort.
I would not choose a value, honeymoon or otherwise.
Enjoy wherever you choose.

We stayed at POR for our honeymoon and loved it. It has a really relaxed vibe and the grounds are gorgeous. I've also heard really good things about POFQ, but we chose POR because we like the theming better. We did take the boat to Disney Springs and loved that!

I do think the suggestion of Swan/Dolphin was a good one, especially if this trip is centered around Epcot and HS. I've never stayed there, but I know the prices are generally more like the moderates than the deluxes, and you get to stay in the Boardwalk area, which is amazing.

We got married at disney in 2017, but for the honeymoon/days we were there we stayed at Pop Century. It all depends what you really wanna do. We did something away from the resort most days. When we are on vacation we like being out and about, we can sit around at home. All people are different though.

If you can rent points for DVC my recommendations for nice, romantic quiet resorts are AKL-Kidani Village and Wilderness Lodge. Congrats! Our Disneymoon is in a few weeks! :hyper::jumping1:

We loved our stay at Coronado Springs for our Honeymoon. We loved the grounds and the king room

Congrats! We honeymooned at the Yacht Club (23 years ago...) Loved being able to walk to Epcot every night.

I second letting everyone know! When you book, make sure to put a note on your reservation that you are celebrating your honeymoon and get the "Just Married" buttons when you get there. My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon there and we got free champagne, free desserts and a lot of special attention from cast members and characters. Congratulations!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! My wife and I honeymooned at the Polynesian in 1973 ($39.00 a night). Rode the monorail to the MK everyday. It was the only game in town at that time. My how things have changed! Have a great time!

I agree with PPs that you may be too late renting points for September. Doesn't hurt to inquire if it piques your interest, but if it were me, I'd just go with a moderate resort. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any moderate. They are all comparable with similar amenities and room types. It just depends which theme appeals to you most.

Coronado Springs' new tower and restaurant will be open in September, and does have a touch more to offer than the other moderates because its a convention resort. The downside is that there may be large groups present and while they often are not disruptive, the business folks tend to detract from our vacation bubble a bit. I may be sensitive to this because I travel for business so it reminds me of work! That said, we've stayed at CSR twice and think the resort is beautiful. We love the preferred rooms.

We got engaged at POR and have stayed there three times, so this is another favorite of ours. POFQ is the smallest, but we find it feels busy because there's less places for people to spread out. CBR is the largest, but the resort just didn't speak to us. But once the Skyliner opens, we'll be trying it again.

Perhaps check to see if the Swan/Dolphin are in your price range. Since EP and HS will be the parks you are going to for this trip, it would be nice to stay in one of the Boardwalk area resorts.

One thing to keep in mind: SWGE is opening is opening 8/29/2019, so a lot of the resorts might be pretty booked up for a little while after that. Just something to keep in mind. :)

We honeymooned at the Yacht Club and loved it. While the resort was great, I also loved being in that area.

Congratulations!!!

We stayed at the Swan for our honeymoon & loved it. Comparable price to a moderate, but I think it has a more "grown up" vibe and you can book a king bed. And I know this isn't a guarantee, but they asked us if we were celebrating anything during check-in and when we told them we were on our honeymoon, they upgraded our room and give us free drink tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter