Honeymoon Advice

Sockies24

Earning My Ears
This is my second trip to DW and the first one I barely remember and for this I am trying to plan my honeymoon. We are staying at the Coronado Springs Resort for 7 days and we have the Discovery Magic Package, so we have some great flexibility for eating and other activities, but i don't want to use 2 wishes on the dinners, so I need some advice on a few things:

Luau or Hoop dee doo? Which is the best if only doing on this time.....or should we do both?

What restaurants do you recommend?

Any comments on Artist Point, Le Cellier, Cinderella's Royal Table, 1900 Park Fare?

Flying Fish or Fulton's? After reading numerous posts fulton's does not sound too great

Epcot Restaurants? Where do you go for the best food?

Does anyone know if it is better to use your wishes on food only or are the other activities good deals too?

If you have wishes and the meal wish includes app., salad/soup (for Dinner), entree, dessert, and drink....can you share this huge meal and just pay for an extra drink?

What about the fantasmic dinner show what is that exactly?

What are things to miss and to not miss for sure?

I have been doing a lot a research, but i feel like am missing something?

Where would you recommend going on the first night?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

:bounce:

Hi Sockies24, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :D I'll be happy to share our experiences with you.

Luau or Hoop dee doo: We preferred the Luau (Hoop dee doo was a little too hokey for us, though many people would disagree). We've done the Luau twice, and MY FH was pulled on stage the first time...it was fun!

My FH & I love both Artist Point & Le Cellier (we're eating at AP Tuesday night!). We've never eaten at CRT or 1900 Park Fare. If you want to try CRT, don't forget to book early!

We've never been to the Flying Fish, but we did go to Fultons and were very disappointed...we found it very noisy (we couldn't even hear each other). The food was OK, but perhaps living on Cape Cod, we're spoiled when it comes to seafood.

Epcot: Our favorite restaurants are Le Cellier and Chefs de France. The service and food is great at both places. Mexico is another good choice.

We've never booked a package, (before our upcoming honeymoon) so I can't offer any advice regarding using your wishes.

If you like Jazz, don't miss the Pleasure Island Jazz Company. Also check out the show at the Comedy Warehouse. Don't miss Illuminations or Fantasmic...both are AWESOME!

As far as where to go your first night, it depends on when you arrive. Our first trip, we booked it straight to the MK. More recently, we tend to have a nice dinner somewhere (Narcossee's, Portobello Yacht Club and California Grill are all nice, romantic choices). Or you could head to Pleasure Island for some dancing.

Remember, these are just MHO, everyone is different. Just relax and enjoy! :D

We have had very special dinners at both Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge and at California Grill at the Contemporary. Both are beautiful with great food and great wine lists (lots available by the glass) but we prefer the California Grill between them. If the MK is doing fireworks that night you will have an incredible view from just about anywhere in the restaurant and they pipe in the soundtrack. If the weather is nice there are also fantastic balconies for quiet and romantic moments. Both of these offer better seafood than Fulton's (we were disappointed in our meal there too) but we've never tried Flying Fish.

In EPCOT we love Le Cellier and San Angel Inn (Mexico), and on the most recent trip had a great meal at the Rose and Crown Pub. I was really surprised at how much I liked the food there. Also, Coral Reef in the Living Seas is very good, but tends to be slow for seating, we have never been seated sooner than 30 minutes after our PS time.

The Fantasmic dinner package is a great deal. You have a dinner in one of the sit down places inside the Studio, we have been to Sci-Fi, Mama Melrose's and Brown Derby for dinner. They give you a special pass after your meal (one per entree) to go to a special gate about 30 minutes before the start of Fantasmic. You show up at the special gate and are lead a back way into a reserved area that is slightly stage left and high enough you have a great view without having to wait in line for an hour or longer, which is what everyone else does. When you call for your PS let them know you want the Fantasmic package, they will guide you on which restaurants are available and make sure your seating time will allow you enough time to eat and still see the show without having to run.

Have a great time, and best wishes to you and your soon to be husband!

I'm also a soon to be WDW honeymooner, and I also have some advice..

first of all, remember this is disney world. you're going to have
a great time no matter what you do, where you stay or where you eat.

Let me recommend a book that I read cover to cover (which I've never done
with a non-fiction) and i can't for the life of me remember the authors, but its called
the Unofficial guide to Walt Disney World. It's hard to miss-and it's an excellent book.
Like i said, I read it cover to cover. it's got everything, and it's realistic, giving the authors'
honest opinions, as well as some of it's readers. it gives restaurant listings (by park)
and it reviews them, then gives them a grade. this was a big help for my fiancee and i
trying to figure out where we wanted to eat. he wanted to leave it up to me since I've been
there and he hasn't, but I wanted his opinion too. so we read through them, wrote down
what sounded good, and then narrowed them down from there. We're staying at the Poly
so we'll probably go to the luau. I've heard (now mind you this is only what i've HEARD) that the ambiance is awesome, but the food is so-so.
As a Cinderella collector/fan, I love Cinderella's Table. I prefer the dinner-less kids,and a little more romantic. the breakfast is a character, the dinner is not. here's a tip: go to a late lunch, the food is the same but the prices are cheaper, and it's not as crowded. this goes for all WDW restaurants. another tip (especially for the expensive places) is to just share a meal, from the salad to a dessert. I've done this with my mom and it comes out cheaper, and you still leave satisfied.

I recommend San Angel Inn in mexico-good food and it is very romantic.

Since you're getting a package, I'd go to a park in the morning, then when it starts getting crowded, head back to the hotel or to a water park to relax (or even downtown disney). then return to the park later when crowds thin out a bit. if you get motion sickness, I'd skip Body wars at EPCOT and Star tours at MGM- blech. they're neat to ride but not so neat afterward.

Another tip: after the fireworks at WDW, when you're trying to beat the crowds out, head into one of the shops on main street. they all connect, and it's a little faster than trying to fight your way out on the street itself. or watch the fireworks within close proximity to Mickey's toontown and just hop on the train after the fireworks are done-it takes you right to main street station and out the gates you go.

hope this helps! any more questions feel free to email me at Daffodylly@aol.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!