Honest feedback......CBR vs POR Riverside

Countrywife45

Mouseketeer
Going in July with 2 grandsons, 7 & 9. Can't decide between CBR and Riverside. The truth, don't laugh, fear at Riverside of alligators.....and can it make little boys happy? Concern with CBR is the menu to be honest.

There has been sightings of gators in the waters of CBR. We have a saying here in Florida, "if there's water there's a gator in it".

LOL, I am near the NC/SC border, I get gators. I picture POR riverside as brushy walkways, shady areas that sort of thing. You know, where the gators can sneak up. I SAID not to laugh :tongue::tongue:

Not laughing, you are just cautious:)
We always stay at POR and love it for it's winding quiet paths, quiet pools (which are never crowded). The mill has the best QS we've found with lots of variety.
I wouldn't wander down to the river, but the sidewalks are far away from the river.
I have never stayed at CBR so no help there. We just love riverside.
Their arcade is the largest in WDW, if the kids are interested.
You can walk (l0 minutes at most) to POFQ and their pool seems really great for kids with it's serpent slide.
Either one will be great, IMO>

LOL, I am near the NC/SC border, I get gators. I picture POR riverside as brushy walkways, shady areas that sort of thing. You know, where the gators can sneak up. I SAID not to laugh :tongue::tongue:
They both have "bodies of water" that would support gators. They also both have lush landscaping and walkways. That being said, Disney has been much more active at dealing with the gators since the tragedy a few years ago at the Grand Floridian.

(And not to scare you further, but we stayed at CBR and saw a copperhead on the walkway in 2011)

With all the renovations and possibly the gondola working, I might choose CBR for July 2019.

That being said, POR does have nice access to Disney Springs.

Both those resorts are spread out, and if you can swing it, I would try to book a preferred room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter