Homewood Suites International Drive?

happily single

Left foot first!
Does anyone have recent experience with Homewoods Suites on International Drive? I am attending a conference there and am debating staying there or Drury Hotel Disney Springs. I will have a rental car so travel is not an issue.

I stayed pre covid and had no issues. They had free buffet style hot breakfast and mon-thurs they had hors d'oeuvres that my gf used as her dinners. They also had free basic beers too. She had a little too much. Not sure if any if this has changed since but we both liked it.

Also pre-covid several times. The last time it was in need of some renovation furniture/paint etc ... but it's been awhile so it might have been. Agree the food provided was better than most. One night we had salmon, baked potato, roasted veggies, salad and great rolls. Good enough I remember.

My question is are you attending a conference IN the hotel or at Convention Center or nearby? If not the hotel and you would drive anyway I'd probably opt for Drury since new, nicer area and all the perks they offer. If you will have evenings to yourself and not interacting with others I'd really do Drury to walk down to Disney Springs. I've stayed on International enough to know I don't want to hang around there at night.

Note: Stayed MANY Homewood Suites and will say the suites at this one are smaller than the average.

Also pre-covid several times. The last time it was in need of some renovation furniture/paint etc ... but it's been awhile so it might have been. Agree the food provided was better than most. One night we had salmon, baked potato, roasted veggies, salad and great rolls. Good enough I remember.

My question is are you attending a conference IN the hotel or at Convention Center or nearby? If not the hotel and you would drive anyway I'd probably opt for Drury since new, nicer area and all the perks they offer. If you will have evenings to yourself and not interacting with others I'd really do Drury to walk down to Disney Springs. I've stayed on International enough to know I don't want to hang around there at night.

Note: Stayed MANY Homewood Suites and will say the suites at this one are smaller than the average.
The conference is IN the hotel. But I’m not obligated to stay there, I’ve wanted to try Drury and love the proximity to Disney Springs, but again I’ll have a rental so driving isn’t an issue

The conference is IN the hotel. But I’m not obligated to stay there, I’ve wanted to try Drury and love the proximity to Disney Springs, but again I’ll have a rental so driving isn’t an issue
If I'm just comparing hotels I would def stay at Drury. Homewood was our base to go to the Disney Parks and not one I'd hang around or want to go out in the area. We picked it because half our party was doing convention at convention center so they walked cause we took car to Disney.

If you don't mind driving (it's not a big deal) I'd go for Drury and access to Disney Springs.

If the conference is in the hotel, I would stay there.

One of the most important parts of most conferences is networking with other members, which is much better when you are all in the same place and staying in the same place.

Also, having to get up early to commute would not appeal to me when I could just walk to the first meeting in the morning.

Now, I don't know what kind of conference this is, but this is what I think about when going to one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter