Home2 Suites by Hilton

mjtatman

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever stayed here? Is it close to Universal or is it a shuttle ride away? We have enough Hilton points to stay for free PLUS they offer free breakfast....last time we stayed at Loew's Royal Pacifica and that was perfect, but free might be more perfect ;-)

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback!

Not really close enough to walk. It is on the other side of I4. If they offer a shuttle (which I don't see online), you'd have to take it or drive.

The Doubletree by Hilton is right across the street from Universal Orlando and is quite highly rated.

Not really close enough to walk. It is on the other side of I4. If they offer a shuttle (which I don't see online), you'd have to take it or drive.

The Doubletree by Hilton is right across the street from Universal Orlando and is quite highly rated.

That is disappointing! I called the hotel directly and she told me it is only .5 miles away. I'm guessing that is to the park and not actually the entrance? They do offer a shuttle, but I liked the idea of being able to walk. Will look at the Doubletree! Thanks

That is disappointing! I called the hotel directly and she told me it is only .5 miles away. I'm guessing that is to the park and not actually the entrance? They do offer a shuttle, but I liked the idea of being able to walk. Will look at the Doubletree! Thanks

You can walk it but you would be walking across the I4. Google maps says it is 1.2 miles. https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Home...f68712e579bf!2m2!1d-81.463131!2d28.473794!5i1

Doubletree would be an easier walk.

So here is the thing....I think we are going to just suck it up and Uber or take the hotel shuttle because at Home2Suites, we will get free parking and breakfast each day. We have three teenage boys, so the free breakfast in itself will save us $100 a day. I think by the time we got Express Passes, the DoubleTree will be almost as much as the Lowe's Royal Pacifica. Thank you both for your help, this for sure gives me more to consider. But I think the free parking and breakfast really make the inconvenience of not being able to walk worth the trade off. But if you guys have other ideas....I'm ALL EARS :-)

Lowe's Royal Pacifica - $3900 (lodging and park tickets) + parking + breakfast
Home2Suites - $100 (lodging and parking and breakfast) + park tickets with express pass ($3300)
DoubleTree - $200 (lodging) + park tickets with express passes ($3300) + parking + breakfast

We stayed over night at a Home2 in Washington state near airport. It was nice. The rooms have a king bed and a pullout sofa. I don’t know if they have cots for a 5th in room. The pull out was very uncomfortable according to my daughter. It was just the 2 of us in room. When I woke up she was in the bed with me, lol. Pull out was too uncomfortable she said.

We stayed over night at a Home2 in Washington state near airport. It was nice. The rooms have a king bed and a pullout sofa. I don’t know if they have cots for a 5th in room. The pull out was very uncomfortable according to my daughter. It was just the 2 of us in room. When I woke up she was in the bed with me, lol. Pull out was too uncomfortable she said.

We got a room with two queen beds and one sleeper sofa....so my three boys can each take a turn sleeping on it and flip a coin for the fourth night ;-) What was the breakfast like? Is it descent? Thanks for the feedback!

We got a room with two queen beds and one sleeper sofa....so my three boys can each take a turn sleeping on it and flip a coin for the fourth night ;-) What was the breakfast like? Is it descent? Thanks for the feedback!
That’s good your location has the 2 Queen option. The breakfast was the usual breads, toaster, I think oatmeal, yogurt. They had packaged egg items, various styles with numbers that corresponds with numbers on microwave in breakfast area. It worked out using the microwave there. I tried also once using room microwave with terrible results lol. The room was spacious, and had a full size fridge, microwave and toaster.
In the shower the shampoo and body wash was mounted on wall. You have to ask front desk for conditioner, it’s not stocked in the room. They were very quick to send some up. But good to know ahead of time so you’re ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter