Home Resort Advantage

NoleFan

DIS Veteran
I totally agree with buying where you want to stay & more so if you are able to plan your trip 8-11 months in advance. I have not visited all the DVC properties (yet) & I hear factors such as time of year, room type,, room size, size of resort, & more factor into home booking advantage. What is the home resort advantage of each resort? For example, I have heard home resort advantage is huge if you want value & concierge level @ AKL.

I'll take a stab. As I understand it, these are the things that are hard to get at 7 months for each resort:

BWV: Standard view rooms and Grand Villas
BCV: Any room, esp studios (it's a very small resort)
VWL: Any room, esp studios (see above)
OKW: Grand Villas (the lowest point cost of any Grand Villa)
AKL: Value rooms and club level
SSR: Grand Villas and Treehouses
BLT: Any room, esp studios (it's the only monorail DVC resort until VGF opens)
VGF: Any room

At all the resorts studios sell out before 1 bedrooms because they hold the same number of people but cost roughly half as much. Grand Villas go quickly because there are so few of them.

I get the impression that the following is a rough guide to what sells out first in general (though there will be many instances where this won't hold for one reason or another):

Grand Villas
Studios
2 Bedrooms
1 Bedroom

The result is that if you are looking at a 1 or 2 bedroom, you have a higher chance of finding something at another resort at 7 months. If you want/need a value or standard view studio, you need the luck o' the Irish. And if you are going to want a Grand Villa at a specific resort, you had better own there.

Nopes, i did not found any advantages with the home resort at all.
My friend suggested me to use them but i disappointment with many factors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter