Home on the Range

carolinaeverett

Earning My Ears
Next year will be the 20th anniversary of my favorite Disney movie! Hoping there might be some more exclusive merchandise released. I have a snow globe and figurine set that are some of my most prized Disney possessions and would love to add to the collection. Anyone else a fan?

Oh man, this was my second least favorite movie (after Black Cauldron). I'm glad to know there are folks who liked it, though, as I'm sure there was still a lot of effort from the creators and that should be recognized. What do you like about it?

In any case, I doubt there will be any merchandise, most people don't know the movie exists.

Oh man, this was my second least favorite movie (after Black Cauldron). I'm glad to know there are folks who liked it, though, as I'm sure there was still a lot of effort from the creators and that should be recognized. What do you like about it?

In any case, I doubt there will be any merchandise, most people don't know the movie exists.
Even more than Mars Needs Moms?

I think that one was just distributed by Disney, sort of like the old Popeye film), but Disney still put their name on that "Mars Needs Moms" stinker.
Screenshot 2023-03-28 180141.jpg

I always heard how bad Home on the Range was and avoided watching it for the longest time. I remember sometime last year giving it a shot and, honestly, it's not bad at all. It's not the best or anything, but it's perfectly fine. The yodeling musical number is trippy too, like soemthing out of the 60's movies, like Aristocats.

I always heard how bad Home on the Range was and avoided watching it for the longest time. I remember sometime last year giving it a shot and, honestly, it's not bad at all. It's not the best or anything, but it's perfectly fine. The yodeling musical number is trippy too, like soemthing out of the 60's movies, like Aristocats.
I think low expectations are the key to happiness. The bar had been set very low for you given what you had heard 🤣

I think low expectations are the key to happiness. The bar had been set very low for you given what you had heard 🤣

True, and I'm not saying it was great, but it really didn't warrant all the hate that it got at the time of release. It's fine. Chicken Little is WAY worse, and it didn't get nearly as much flack.

True, and I'm not saying it was great, but it really didn't warrant all the hate that it got at the time of release. It's fine. Chicken Little is WAY worse, and it didn't get nearly as much flack.
Hm, we'll have to disagree. I definitely think Home on the Range was worse. Chicken Little was not compelling but at least had several funny gags lol

So I've only seen this movie once. I saw it in theaters with my sister and mom. I remember my mom being DEAD ASLEEP the entire time. Snoring and everything. The movie is meh though. I've seen worse.

The only merchandise I ever remember seeing from Home on the Range were stuffed toys of the main trio + the rabbit in Once Upon a Toy around 2004-2006-ish.

Hm, we'll have to disagree. I definitely think Home on the Range was worse. Chicken Little was not compelling but at least had several funny gags lol

Did it? I just remember seeing it in theaters because I thought the idea was cute enough, but, man, it was just not good. It was like a movie from a generic animation house. Let's throw in a Spice Girls song from 10 years ago - too old to be relevant but not old enough to be nostalgic. It just fails to deliver.

Did it? I just remember seeing it in theaters because I thought the idea was cute enough, but, man, it was just not good. It was like a movie from a generic animation house. Let's throw in a Spice Girls song from 10 years ago - too old to be relevant but not old enough to be nostalgic. It just fails to deliver.
I agree with all of this. But it had several funny gags. The fish in particular was funny. I didn't laugh at all during Home on the Range. We've seen both recently as we've been watching all the Disney Animation Studios movies in order (it's taken us a couple of years but we've just made it to Princess and the Frog!)

I would say both movies in question did not feel like Disney movies and more like generic animation house movies. Nothing special.

I agree with all of this. But it had several funny gags. The fish in particular was funny. I didn't laugh at all during Home on the Range. We've seen both recently as we've been watching all the Disney Animation Studios movies in order (it's taken us a couple of years but we've just made it to Princess and the Frog!)

I would say both movies in question did not feel like Disney movies and more like generic animation house movies. Nothing special.

I dunno, the yodeling scene is VERY Disney. I give the movie a lot of credit for that. I think the real issue is that the premise isn't that appealing. Cows aren't like the most likable animals, so I think that's a turn-off, but considering that they did a decent job. Conversely, Chicken Little seems like a cute premise, but the execution was awful.

I dunno, the yodeling scene is VERY Disney. I give the movie a lot of credit for that. I think the real issue is that the premise isn't that appealing. Cows aren't like the most likable animals, so I think that's a turn-off, but considering that they did a decent job. Conversely, Chicken Little seems like a cute premise, but the execution was awful.
Agree to disagree! Lol
In my rankings, worst of Black Cauldron, then Home on the Range, then Chicken Little.

In any case, I don't think any of these movies is going to be selling any merchandise soon 😆

Agree to disagree! Lol
In my rankings, worst of Black Cauldron, then Home on the Range, then Chicken Little.

In any case, I don't think any of these movies is going to be selling any merchandise soon 😆

If Black Cauldron had just kept its original ending, it would have been great. I still like it, but it definitely falls apart at the end, and it could have been so great!

My bottom three are Chicken Little, Sword in the Stone, and Dinosaur, though Chicken Little is about the only one I can't find anything to like about. This also excludes the package pictures, which are very uneven throughout with some segments being great and others not so much, and also the Fantasias - I've never even seen the later one.

If Black Cauldron had just kept its original ending, it would have been great. I still like it, but it definitely falls apart at the end, and it could have been so great!

My bottom three are Chicken Little, Sword in the Stone, and Dinosaur, though Chicken Little is about the only one I can't find anything to like about. This also excludes the package pictures, which are very uneven throughout with some segments being great and others not so much, and also the Fantasias - I've never even seen the later one.
I think Black Cauldron needed more than that to save it. It had so many plot holes! The source material is great, it's a shame. It could have been epic but too many internal issues at the studio got in the way.

I like Sword in the Stone, but it's pure childhood nostalgia and a love of the character of Merlin

Dinosaur is ok, doesn't feel Disney though.

Both Fantasias are good imo. Masterpieces but not for everyone.

I think Black Cauldron needed more than that to save it. It had so many plot holes! The source material is great, it's a shame. It could have been epic but too many internal issues at the studio got in the way.

I like Sword in the Stone, but it's pure childhood nostalgia and a love of the character of Merlin

Dinosaur is ok, doesn't feel Disney though.

Both Fantasias are good imo. Masterpieces but not for everyone.

I like the original Fantasia, though some segments more than others. It's a little hard to sit down and watch though. It is a masterpeice though for sure. Actually, Sword in the Stone is very episodic too, and there are parts that I do like, but as a whole it doesn't come togheter. It's a movie that I want to like more than I actually do.

I like the original Fantasia, though some segments more than others. It's a little hard to sit down and watch though. It is a masterpeice though for sure. Actually, Sword in the Stone is very episodic too, and there are parts that I do like, but as a whole it doesn't come togheter. It's a movie that I want to like more than I actually do.
Yeah, Sword in the Stone is episodic. But that shape-shifting battle between Merlin and Madam Mim is awesome! And other parts like Merlin packing up his stuff are great:
But then other parts are slow and the end is rushed. It's not their best I must admit, but I love it.

I also think that some segments of Fantasia are better than others. Some are rather slow. If you ever decide to watch the new one, the Rhapsody in Blue segment is very good imo. That was all Eric Goldberg

Yeah, Sword in the Stone is episodic. But that shape-shifting battle between Merlin and Madam Mim is awesome! And other parts like Merlin packing up his stuff are great:
But then other parts are slow and the end is rushed. It's not their best I must admit, but I love it.

I also think that some segments of Fantasia are better than others. Some are rather slow. If you ever decide to watch the new one, the Rhapsody in Blue segment is very good imo. That was all Eric Goldberg

That is the best part for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter