home deposit (VRBO)

Lisa AF

DIS Veteran
I've searched and searched and have found a privately owned home on VRBO. It's time to send my deposit and i'm getting cold feet. Is there anything I could ask to see that would prove the house was legitimate?

Lisa AF,

Not too sure if this helps but, I have put a deposit down on a home that is listed on VRBO but it is also listed with a rental agency. I contacted both the owner and the rental company, the owner was awre of that fact and he told me just to go with the rental company. They are both located in the UK and I was extremely nervous with that. Although were will not be using the house until 2003 I hope that all still goes well. You may want to make sure that you get a contract, ask if they can provide you with a reference and see if they have a management company that takes care of the home. hope that helps.

We are renting a home from vrbo...leaving on friday. My owner also lives in england. I emailed him and asked who managed the home and he gave me the name of the company. I called information and got the number and called them. They were very nice and made me feel much better about sending the money. I'll post when i get back on the 1st and let you know.

Thanks for your help.
My owner had given me his management co. name. I search the Better Business Bureau, www.bbb.com , and found my owners management company in good standing. They also listed the agency phone # there. I've contacted my owners and asked permission to contact the management company. He called today and granted permission. I'll call them Monday and am feeling much better about the whole thing.
Thank you again for all your help.

I'm glad you got an answer Lisa AF.

I checked out the VRBO site after reading your post. I could understand why you'd think it was too good to be true!

Please come back and give us a report! Hopefully pats will be able to shed some light when she gets back also.

When I rented from VRBO I asked the owners for the phone # of the local management co. Then I called them and asked them about the house I was thinking of renting. The lady I spoke to knew which house I was talking about and that it was very nice. So that made me feel better.

We rented a home through VRBO in June and could not have been happier! We won't stay anywhere else again! We usually stay onsite, but this trip spent one week at Summerfield Suites and one week in this house and both were wonderful!

We had a large 4 bedroom with a pool, and with the new Osceola Parkway, were no more than 10-15 minutes from WDW entrance! It was a STEAL for what we paid!

If anyone wants specific information regarding the home we rented, please email me directly - I'd be happy to share our find.

BTW - one of the questions I asked was when the house was built (1999) - we didn't want anything old, and were afraid of being misled by the photos. As a matter of fact, the development was still selling new homes!

Patti

I would like to know more about the house you stayed in and where it is located. We are looking for two 4bedroom homes together to rent for next year. Been checking out vrbo site too.

Thanks

I'd be happy to tell you about the house we rented, but did you see the other thread where several people mention huge houses, and one person has information about two houses next door to each other? I know the owners we used had only one house.

Let me know if you want the info by emailing me directly.

Patti

We got back yesterday from our home in Davenport lakes. What a beautiful neighborhood and the house was more than i ever expected. The management company was Mayflower management and they were very nice. I held my breath when we first opened the door, not knowing what to expect, and it was magnificent..just like the pictures!! We had 3 teenage boys with us and they thought it was great. We even took a day in the middle of the week just to hang out in the pool and recuperate . I dont think i will ever stay in a hotel again especially with kids. We had breakfast each day at home, ate a big meal for lunch wherever we were, and then had a sandwich when we got back. There were several stores close by..winn dixie and publix. Publix was my favorite. Everyone is so pleasant and nice...oh well...back to reality..boo hoo

Great review, pats!

Yes, reality does you-know-what, huh???

Glad to hear your house experience was a good one. It definitely puts me in the mind to try one out . Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter