Holy crap the DIS is really bad now!

pkondz

Brace yourself for immediate disintegration
Looks like the DIS, on top of the soul crushing, long running ads, that render it almost unusable have finally figured out how to bring it to a screeching halt.

I love the new giant banner at the top of the screen. Not.

Now, to post, the trick is this:

Type what you want.
Hit "Post reply"
Wait a couple of seconds while your screen freezes.
Hit "refresh" on your browser.
Hope for the best.
It seems to work.

Of course that's only when you can actually type.
If you can't, try refreshing your screen or logging out and back in again. The ads at the bottom of the screen prevent you from typing about 50% of the time.

Pssst....disable Java Script. All these ads run on it. But the boards DON'T. The boards work fine, and the ads disappear along with the slowdown they cause.

I want to get ride of the huge scrolling banner at the top with the twitter feed in it. Is there any way to do that without turning off Java script?

Pssst....disable Java Script. All these ads run on it. But the boards DON'T. The boards work fine, and the ads disappear along with the slowdown they cause.
Don't think I can using Edge. But I'll try that on Firefox... or install Chrome.

I don't know if it's something I did or if the DIS took it down, but at least for the moment, I'm not seeing that huge new banner on the home page anymore (and not experiencing the site issues it causes).

If this is your doing, DIS, thank you!

I don't seem to be having any of those problems. Don't know about java script being disabled or not. I do know I have AdBlockPlus. That stopped all the ads running at the bottom of the page for me. What banner are you talking about?

Yes, that horrid banner seems to be gone. I wonder if they realized that it was causing that much damage and removed it? I sure hope so. If you're reading this whoever did that... Thank you!

Thanks for the tip, worked for me but I wonder what other sites I visit this will effect???
Been using Firefox for Disboards for 15 years with no issues at all. Got on recently and it was about all I could stand after 10 minutes. Went to IE11 and keeps restarting the browser, certificate warnings and back button taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r getting out of threads. This is just pathetic!
Steve

Thanks for the tip, worked for me but I wonder what other sites I visit this will effect???
Been using Firefox for Disboards for 15 years with no issues at all. Got on recently and it was about all I could stand after 10 minutes. Went to IE11 and keeps restarting the browser, certificate warnings and back button taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r getting out of threads. This is just pathetic!
Steve

In Chrome, you can disable Java Script for JUST one site. It's under the advanced settings. Basically,you allow Java, but then click on "manage exceptions" and then enter the homepage for the Disboards as an exception. That way, it will only disable Java Script for this site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter