Hollywood Studios

Coolp

Earning My Ears
We aren’t going to have a park hopper and are wondering if Hollywood Studios is worth spending the day at or if we should just repeat one of the other parks like animal kingdom. It doesn’t look like it has a lot to do.

We aren’t going to have a park hopper and are wondering if Hollywood Studios is worth spending the day at or if we should just repeat one of the other parks like animal kingdom. It doesn’t look like it has a lot to do.

Hi, Coolp, and welcome to the DIS. This question might be better asked on the Theme Parks board, but I 'll share my opinion.

It does depend on what you are interested in and Hollywood is a bit show heavy, but with Toy Story Land now open there really is plenty to do. HS is home to some of the coolest rides, like the Tower of Terror and Rock'n Roller Coaster. If you have Star Wars fans, then it might be a must do for Star Tours and the Galactic Spectacular. Fantasmic! is a great show too. Some of the shows are longer and do take up more time.

To run it down, here is what HS has to offer currently:

RIDES:
Tower of Terror
Rock'n Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Swirling Saucers
Toy Story Mania - How'd I miss that?

SHOWS:
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Muppet-Vision 3-D
Frozen Sing Along
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast Stage Show
Walt Disney Presents (small museum with a movie about Walt Disney or movie preview)
Jedi Training Academy (kids can participate if they want)

Coming Soon: Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy - I'm not sure when this will open or when you are going but it will be an "interactive show").

NIGHTITME SPECTACULARS:
Fantasmic!
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular (paired with Disney Movie Magic projection show)

Only you can decide if that is worth it, but generally I think it has a lot to offer. You'll have fun either way.

Last edited:
There's plenty to do depending on what your interests are.
Personally I enjoy much much more at HS than I do at AK. To me AK isn't worth going to let alone going for two whole days.

We really like the shows at HS and they can easily take up to 1/2 a day. If you have SW fans, there are 2 meet and greets, plus a lot of memorabilia too look at (my kids took over an hour in just that one spot) Also Star Tours has many different variables, so we ride that a few times too.

How many days is your trip? If it's 4 or more, then I would definitely spend half a day visiting Toy Story Land and riding Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

If you get bored, you can always break it up and go to Disney Springs, but I would show up for rope drop to see Toy Story Land before it's insanely crowded.

As two adults, AK has less for us than DHS does. And for my in-laws that have a 6 year old and 4 year old, they also find a lot to do at DHS and choose that as a park to spend a second day at (other than MK). DHS has a lot of great shows and character meets, and also some great restaurants.

We skipped HS on our first 2 trips. This time we spent a total of about a day and a half there (about 3 half days). We actually enjoyed it and never wanted for something to do. There are a lot of great shows and some great rides (I would make the trek there for Tower of Terror and Toy Stort Mania alone...)

Hi, Coolp, and welcome to the DIS. This question might be better asked on the Theme Parks board, but I 'll share my opinion.

It does depend on what you are interested in and Hollywood is a bit show heavy, but with Toy Story Land now open there really is plenty to do. HS is home to some of the coolest rides, like the Tower of Terror and Rock'n Roller Coaster. If you have Star Wars fans, then it might be a must do for Star Tours and the Galactic Spectacular. Fantasmic! is a great show too. Some of the shows are longer and do take up more time.

To run it down, here is what HS has to offer currently:

RIDES:
Tower of Terror
Rock'n Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Swirling Saucers

SHOWS:
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Muppet-Vision 3-D
Frozen Sing Along
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast Stage Show
Walt Disney Presents (small museum with a movie about Walt Disney or movie preview)
Jedi Training Academy (kids can participate if they want)

Coming Soon: Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy - I'm not sure when this will open or when you are going but it will be an "interactive show").

NIGHTITME SPECTACULARS:
Fantasmic!
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular (paired with Disney Movie Magic projection show)

Only you can decide if that is worth it, but generally I think it has a lot to offer. You'll have fun either way.

Add Toy Story Mania to the list of rides!

We love Hollywood Studios - Tower of Terror is an all time favorite ride, and worth a visit alone to my family!

Last year on 12/30, DH and I spent over 12 hours in the park, so yes, there's a lot to do there.

They also have the best holiday decorations, in my opinion!

We love HS. It is one of our 4 favorite parks :rolleyes:. We never skip it and usually spend at least 1 full day and a couple partial days there. This trip we are spending two full days there and doing an EMM and After Hours. Never run out of things to do. But we feel that way about all the parks.

It kind of depends. How long will you be at WDW? If it's 4 days, I'd go to DHS for one. What kinds of things do you like to do? If you like shows, DHS is a no-brainer. Will you be back anytime soon or will it be a long time before your next trip? If you're feeling crunched for time and will be back for longer soon, and you don't feel excited for DHS, that's an argument for putting off DHS. I love the rock n roller coaster and tower of terror, and I've heard great things about Star Tours. (Only had 1/2 day there last time and didn't get to that one myself. Plan to hit it up next trip.) Toy Story Land seems pretty popular. There are lots of shows; if you're into that it's totally worth it.

I love animal kingdom, but I also could happily spend the day at a nice zoo and FOP is my favorite new ride. YMMV.

I'm in the extreme minority when I say that HS is my favorite park. I cannot imagine ever skipping it. It has the best vibe of all the parks, in my opinion.
Yeah, I love the "movie" feel to it! I think it has the best rides overall (just not as many of them as I would like)! And I miss TGMR!!!

We spent a day and a half there our last trip and didn't see everything. We missed muppets, indiana Jones show, nick jr show, the launch bay and star wars spectacular. No one in our party is star war fans so we stayed clear of the launch bay and chose fantasmic over star wars spectacular.

The first couple times my husband and I visted WDW, we skipped it. However, our 3rd time going we decided to squeeze in an afternoon there and now i'll never skip it! Tower of Terror is my 2nd favorite ride in all of WDW (FoP is my fave). My hubs loves Star Wars and we just love the whole vibe of it! Feels less hectic than other parks to me. I don't even go to the shows (seen them but they are one and done for me... but i also don't have kiddos yet!) i just walk around, ride my fave rides, and then aggressively try to get additional FP for ToT! haha

DHS had always been my dd's favourite park but I have to say on our last visit (July 2017) we were bored. We got through everything pretty quickly and then found ourselves killing time waiting for Fantasmic. Our next trip is July 2019 and we are also wondering how we are going to arrange our time. We definitely don't want a full day there but we want to do both Fantasmic and Star Wars fire works which is probably going to mean visiting twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!