Hollywood Studios Quick Service Recommendations Needed

ForEver2016

Mouseketeer
Ok so what are the least offensive quick service places in HS right now? We will be having 2 QS meals there, and one is definitely going to be Woody’s Lunchbox. Not sure on the other. The rest never seem to get good reviews for anything.

We are even considering more snack type items but I can’t seem to find anything good. Also considering Brown Derby Lounge and the 50’s Prime Time lounge as well, but not sure how toddler friendly the seating in those places would be.

Ok so what are the least offensive quick service places in HS right now? We will be having 2 QS meals there, and one is definitely going to be Woody’s Lunchbox. Not sure on the other. The rest never seem to get good reviews for anything.

We are even considering more snack type items but I can’t seem to find anything good. Also considering Brown Derby Lounge and the 50’s Prime Time lounge as well, but not sure how toddler friendly the seating in those places would be.

I've never had a bad meal at HS QS locations; don't completely understand the unlove this park gets.

So, with that said, my favorite is Fairfax Fare. Their Tex/Mex bowls are really good. We also had decent meals at Backlot Express. It's not fancy, but the food was hot and tasted fine. I've seen great reviews for ABC Commissary, but haven't eaten their recently.

As to the lounges, you might be fine at Brown Derby if you eat at off times. However, 50s is NOT toddler friendly. The lounge area is very small, very crowded, and is used as a holding area for the restaurant.

Check out the menu for Backlot Express. Love those Darkside Chicken and waffles and the atmosphere is cool.

That was our original plan with a Star Wars fanatic in our group but they recently took all the Star Wars themed items off the menu. Bummer!

I know people hate on the ABC commissary, but when we went last it wasn't that bad. A/C was nice and could easily find a table. I'm looking at this from a toddler parent standpoint also of being out of the heat with A/C for little one to cool off also. Your not going to find that "it" entrée here definitely.

The burgers at Rosie's are made with fresh ingredients and seem pretty popular under the sun canopied area used by several countertop restaurants there. When everyone else wants burgers and I don't, I tend to eat one of Catalina Eddie's salads and we all sit together.

We ducked into ABC Commissary during one of FL's sudden rain showers and the others in my party enjoyed the A/C as well as a salmon dish with veggies and rice and the rib and chicken combo. DGD didn't like the ribs as she prefers them dry rubbed over wet but we accept that she's special, LOL. Her DGF gladly ate them for her;). I wasn't hungry so had a cuppa tea. Was happy for the hybrid counter top service. You order and pay, are given a pager, find a table and the food is brought to you.

Haven't tried any other QS places there so pretty much opinion-less although the pizza looked really sad at Pizzerio(?) under the canopy.

HBDL is fine for toddlers. We noshed there last Christmas Day near one or two family groups with small children. You can also see/hear the Star War troopers on the jumbo screen from that locale.

Last edited:
We aren't really fans of any of the HS qs options. DS liked to split the darkside chicken & waffles with me from backlot express but they've removed it from the menu. We really like HBDL. I've never had a problem getting a table and we really like that we can watch the March of the First Order while we eat.

Not a big fan of the QS at HS. Have not tried Woody Lunchbox yet, so can't compare. If we do QS there, its usually Backlot Express.
Brown Derby lounge or Baseline Tap House are usually the lounge areas we stop at. Both are mainly outside seating. Baseline doesn't seem as crowded for outdoor seating.

Recently ate at the ABC commissary . Party of 6 adults, we all thought the food for quick service was very good .

I can’t remeber what everyone had but at least 3 of us had the grilled chicken BLT sandwich and it was good , hot and not dried out like you might think it would be
Served with fries (also hot and fresh) and coleslaw

We have only enjoyed one QS at HS. Starbucks. Disappointed at literally every QS we have tried.
Hoping Woody’s Lunchbox will shatter this experience.

Every TS though, enjoyed each and every one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter