Hollywood Studios Question

Ash1988

Earning My Ears
Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, and I tried to do a search for this question but couldn't find anything. I've been to Disney many times, and in a week, I am going with three friends. One of my friends had fairly major surgery about a month ago, and while the doctor cleared her to go, she has to take it easy. He said she can walk, but we still may rent her a scooter in the park. I'm trying to make it as easy on her as possible. On our Hollywood Studios day, I am trying to decide if it'll be easier to ride the bus or take the car. I went to Disney last year with a family member, and due to all that construction, the bus stop seemed half a mile away. I don't want to exhaust her before she even gets in the park. Is that still the case, or is the construction about done? If i drive, I'm thinking the tram takes you right to the entrance. Is that correct? What do you suggest? I'm leaning towards car anyway, so we can make sure she doesn't have to stand on a bus.

Honestly, I’d suggest renting a scooter from Buena Vista scooter rental or another similar vendor. They will deliver the scooter to your hotel and pick it up from there when done. Depending on how long you’re there, it’ll be cheaper and far more convenient than renting each day at each park you go to. Then, you can take the bus and it won’t be much work for your friend to get to the park because the scooter will do the work.

Thanks. I've actually looked into buena vista scooters, but when I suggested it to her, she's scared she won't need it the whole time and wants to rent on a day by day basis based on how she's doing. From what I see, it'll be much cheaper to rent from one of the scooter places, but when she makes up her mind, it's hard to change it. I think she's worried what people will think of her in a scooter since we're all fairly young and looking at her you can't tell she has any problems. I tried to assure her that there are so many people on scooters that no one will even pay her attention. So, basically I'm trying to make it easier for her in other ways. We're staying at one of the value resorts, so I'm trying to get a preferred room and trying to make the trip into the park as easy as possible.

Thanks. Sounds like either will be long then. I'll probably just go with the car anyway so we'll definitely have s seat unless I can convince her to rent a scooter for the whole trip.

When I was there in 2017, we took the monorail from MK to Epcot and my aunt who has walking problems was absolutely exhausted by the time she got to the entrance of Epcot from where they monorail dropped off. AK was also terrible, the bus parked so far away, she had to stop walking until we could get a wheelchair for her from the entrance. So yes I would definitely suggest making other arrangements like the car or a scooter rental service.

Thanks. I really do want to just get a scooter at the beginning of the trip, but i don't think she'll agree until we get into the park and see how she does. She gets tired now doing everyday tasks, and we leave in a week. I'll just plan on the car, and hopefully, she'll rent a scooter the first day if it's just too much for her.

Does anybody else in your party have even the slightest potential need for a mobility assistance device? Get an ECV to "share". Visit the disABILITIES forum for more advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter