Hollywood Studios on a Morning Magic day?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
I was just looking at park hours and saw that the Monday we had planned for HS in early May is a Morning Magic day. Do I need to try and rearrange my plans? How much does the morning magic affect the crowd levels and rope drop for TSL? My FP window is in a few weeks so I don't know if we will have a FP for SDD yet. My plan was to head straight to TSM if I could get a FP for SDD.

I have not done the DHS extra morning magic but I know at MK the crowds associated with the EMM are minimal, they don't sell very many tickets so it should not impact your arrival later that morning into TSL. I also watched a tim tracker on youtube from several months ago and the crowds at TSL during EMM were very low, but of course when EMM ended, the crowds rolled in. Plus if most of the folks going to EMM are smart, they'll enjoy the rides first and then when the land opens, they'll go eat their breakfast that's included with their tickets so they should be done by then.

I asked this question a few days ago in the EMM thread. The response I got was it's very unlikely to affect regular rope droppers. Most EMMers bug out before the regular rope drop mass hits TSL. They go hit their breakfast at Backlot.

I have to imagine there are still some who will be in line when the rope drop mob gets there, but I would hope the extra wait should be small. As long as they don't add more than 15 minutes, I think I'd be OK keeping my plans (personally speaking).

At the same time, I wouldn't call the evidence I gathered overwhelming either, but at least Touring Plans seems to treat both EMM days and non-EMM days pretty much the same.

I have not done the DHS extra morning magic but I know at MK the crowds associated with the EMM are minimal, they don't sell very many tickets so it should not impact your arrival later that morning into TSL. I also watched a tim tracker on youtube from several months ago and the crowds at TSL during EMM were very low, but of course when EMM ended, the crowds rolled in. Plus if most of the folks going to EMM are smart, they'll enjoy the rides first and then when the land opens, they'll go eat their breakfast that's included with their tickets so they should be done by then.

While it can be beneficial to compare similar events between MK and HS, it's important to note that MK has more rides involved over a larger area than you'll find at TSL's EMM. Still, you are echoing a common sentiment that the EMM crowd is relatively small. (You probably know this, but it doesn't hurt to point it out for others.)

I appreciate your response. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter