Hollywood Studios Morning Bus Time

tink2

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! This may have been asked before, but I have family at WDW now who plan to go to Hollywood Studios in the morning. They plan to be there by 6am to get a ROR boarding group since the park has been opening early. What time do buses start running from the resort for HS? Asking here bc from past experiences, cm often give conflicting answers. Since “official” opening times are not 6am- wondering how to tell them to gauge this
Thanks!

Disney buses start rolling every day of the year around 6:30am (and earlier when posted park hours are earlier).

So far from my watching things it's inconclusive if Disney is adjusting bus schedules to account for DHS's approx 6:30am openings despite the 8am posted openings...there have been reports of the first bus being before 6:30 and some after - sort of a mixed bad.

For the moment until more data points are confirmed, if I want to be at DHS at 6am, I would not totally rely on a bus - it might be an option, but it might not. Hopefully other options such as driving/Uber/Lyft/Taxi are available to them?

Good luck!

Pure guesswork.
Leave your resort via automobile 90 minutes before the published opening time (is there one?).
This way you should arrive at Hollywood Studios early enough to (1) be near the front of the herd and (2) be there on time to make an actual rope drop a full 30 minutes earlier than published.

Bus rules of thumb:
a) Buses start roughly at 6:30 AM or an hour before published opening time whichever comes first.
b) That early in the morning buses do not run as often as during midday unless crowds are waiting.

Possible result (out of many permutations of events) is that first bus comes and goes at 4:55 for a 6:00 published opening. You get there at 5:00 and the next bus comes at 5:20. Your bus arrives at the Studios about 5:30 and in the distance you see the gates are being opened and guests (actually numbering in the hundreds by now) starting to file in.

Last edited:
Update: My niece and husband used Uber to get to Hollywood Studios~ arrived between 6am and 6:15. Park opened around 6:30 and they were in boarding group 20. There looked to be a large crowd there from the picture she sent me. They got their boarding group and went to Smuggler's Run first, rode that and then RNR 3 times all before 8am.

We're leaving for WDW next Friday for a week through Xmas and were wondering about the resort transportation options from WL for potential early DHS opening times during the crazy holiday week. Figured we'd do Uber from the resort as well, just to be sure. Really appreciate the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!