Hollywood Movie Theater?

WLodgeLizard

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
We are visiting the area next week and are thinking that we may want to watch new Avengers movie at a Hollywood theater. I was thinking that either the Arclight Hollywood or the El Capitan would be fun. I like the history of the El Capitan. The dome on the Arclight looks cool too. Any preference or suggestions for other options?

We are staying in Newport and are planning to do a Hollywood day, but don't have to do the movie that same day.

TIA

We like the El Capitan. If you go, try to find out if the organist will be playing. It is fun to sit in a historic theater while listening to Disney tunes played live on a historic organ. There are lots of photos upstairs of celebrities and premieres that happened at the El Capitan. There is a Ghirardelli's next door and the Hollywood and Highland center across the street. You can park at H&H for 4 hours and get a validation at the El Capitan. I think you'll pay $2 with the validation. The Walk of Fame runs on Hollywood Blvd. there; you'll be able to see the Hollywood sign from the H&H center; and the Chinese Theatre with the famous footprints is next door to H&H.
For a serious (art house or revival) film, we'll choose the Arclight. But for a Disney movie, it's the El Capitan all the way!

The Egyptian Theatre is wonderful - it generally only screens classic films, with exceptions for special events, which makes it kind of a fun "Hollywood" experience. It may or may not be your cup of tea depending on who you are traveling with (children, teens, etc) and what is showing.
http://egyptiantheatre.com/egyptian/egypt.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter