Holiday Tour Convince Me

Meh.

I was underwhelmed last year. I found it boring and there were no longer rides included. The best part was the seating for the Christmas parade, which I read earlier hasn’t even been confirmed as an included perk. If you can confirm the seating, you may find value in it. I do like those seats! But the tour was very blah....but maybe it was my guide and fellow tourists ;)

^^^Yep, this. I did it for the first time last year and was bored to tears- and I LOVE all things Disneyland. It was 2 1/2 hours of 'You can do/see/buy this after the tour.' The only saving grace was the seating for the parade and a delicious gingerbread cookie. Based on last year's experience I wouldn't recommend it. But I think DL got an ear full after last year's debacle and maybe they changed it for this year.

I did it in 2013 with all 3 holiday rides included plus the reserved seating. I really enjoyed it though the poor family with the 4 year old had a VERY bored child on their hands. I don't think I'd knowingly book it without the rides though. Our tour guide was also fabulous which helped.

The tour was a holiday tradition for us until we read the consistently poor reviews last year. After the third or fourth poor review, we bought our own hot chocolate and gingerbread cookies, then found great spots to view the parade. The money we saved went toward holiday pins and a nice dinner in the parks. Hoping against hope that this year's tour will be better, but CMs on the phone haven't been encouraging.

Used to be a tradition for us as well. Early on, we very much enjoyed the information, samples, and group camaraderie. We sang carols and called out to other groups with gusto. Then, the tour began to change, the information lost its appeal and/or the delivery was bad. A good CM makes all the difference on that. Then they began dropping things and we gave it up. Loved the rides and the parade viewing with cocoa and gingerbread Mickey, and the pin was always pretty cool, but it just wasn't worth the money. I hope they resurrect a decent Holiday Tour because it really was a lot of fun when they did it right.

The holiday tour was a total fail for our group of 6 in 2014 (4 adults and 2 boys - age 10). I would not do it again and I would not recommend it.

I was so excited to do this tour last year. We came from Australia and I am a little bit over excited about Christmas. We booked the dessert party for the holiday world of colour and I thought that this together with that would have been the ultimate experience.
I cannot put into words how boring it was. I wish I could have had the 2.5 hours back so I could have used it better. Maybe lining up for the jingle cruise, itasw ect. Which I had to do anyway after the tour.
The parade was lovely and the area was great but for the money and time I could have gone and brought our family hot choc, peppermint bark, ginger bread and even a lot of other Christmas treats and found a spot in the same area with similar view and had a really nice dinner.

Is there another way to get premium seating for the parade?
Book a Signature Suite :D. All you have to do is cough up several thousand dollars! Well, except for the Fairytale Suite. It's around $1300/night but only 2 people in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!