"Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort" Guided Tour

Looking forward to replies on this - I’m hoping to book it for this year too!

I did it in 2016 and was super disappointed. It didn't include any rides and I really feel like everything we learned we could have looked up online. The seating for the parade was amazing but other than that we felt like we were just wasting time.

I've been last year. I had done it almost 10 years ago and admit I was mainly after the parade seating. We did get "a surprise" which was a Fast Pass for Small World Holiday. But yeah, the rest of the tour wasn't anything I'd rave about. Lots of walking with short stops and it seemed we were going back and forth a lot.

We used to do this tour every year, but the reviews from last year convinced us to save our money. I'm hoping that the tour is revamped this year because we miss it. But for great viewing for the parade with hot chocolate and cookies? We got great viewing last year with Starbucks hot chocolate and cookies from Jolly Holiday for a LOT less money than the tour would have cost. Not quite the same, but until we hear that the tour improves... it will have to do.

The tours, used to be so much better. I’ve done this particular one 3 times and while the seating for the parade is fantastic- chairs opposite the entrance to IASW the rest of it is pretty boring. They used to take you in 3 or 4 rides but know they feel it’s better to have them be 100% walking tours. I wouldn’t spend the $$ and just find a great place to sit for the parade. There are plenty for free.

Without spoiling the actual tour what do they point out? Just the various decorations and the way they hang them etc? I so wanted to do this this year as I am doing WDW next Christmas and wanted to do their tour then as well and say I had done both. But I’m having a hard time trying to justify it.

I did it in 2012 and loved it but that was because of the ride access and seats at the parade. I must admit that I was considering booking it for Christmas 2019 just for the parade seats but am looking in to an alternative.

my family did it in 2016, which was the 1st time where rides were not included. we got a snack (ginger breadman), a plastic tumbler with hot coco and reserved seating for the parade, our CM was not very knowledgible so we were very disappointed.

We found the tour to be the biggest disappointment. It was boring and a waste of time and expensive for what it was. I know that Disney is in the business of making money but this tour felt like they were ripping it from you.
Our family has been to a lot of the upsell events and some we have enjoyed more than others. We have quite often not got financial value for our money but it’s not always just about do you pay x amount and get nearly x in return. It’s about experiences, fun, making life easier, the magic, coping with crowds, creating memories and enjoying life. Even though some have been better than others and some we would not necessarily do again, never have we felt as dissatisfied as we did with this tour.
If you are thinking of doing the tour just for the parade have a look into plaza inn dining package with parade viewing.
We did this for the Pixar parade. For the Christmas parade the food will have holiday themes.
The view we had was perfect and depending on which side they use there was some bench seats.
By buying this and using the left over money to purchase maxpass for the day, getting a heap a Christmas desserts, some Christmas bark and hotchocolate, using maxpass to get some Christmas photos ( as it is included) and a Christmas themed souvenir. You will have a better experience than we did on the tour at at a much better price.

It was boring. The parade seating, with a gingerbread cookie and reusable hot cocoa mug was awesome. But the tour was booooorrrrring.

It was boring. The parade seating, with a gingerbread cookie and reusable hot cocoa mug was awesome. But the tour was booooorrrrring.
We did it five years ago and I concur. Mildly interesting. But the real value was ride access and parade seating. And our tour guide was savvy enough to have us at the ride entrance as the Small World lights went on. That was fun. But the tour itself? Only mildly interesting.

We used to do this every year and got on HM AND IASW. Trying to decide if we want to do it this year or go with the Plaza Inn viewing. Not a big fan of the meal they are offering. But does any one have pictures of the viewing area for Plaza Inn?

We did the tour in 2015 and this year's tour on Friday November 23. We liked the 2015 tour better but this year's tour was nice too. There was a lot of information we already knew and since we had been in the parks already for a couple days we had seen the majority of the decorations. But we did learn some new information while on the tour. The tour did go over to DCA and then back to Disneyland. We got some snacks and we did ride it's a small world holiday. Then of course there was the seating for the parade and treats there. It was a nice way to force ourselves to slow down and take in the scenery. I'm still on the fence about the it's value, but I will say that we did enjoy it and am glad that we went on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!