holiday inn

gusia

Earning My Ears
going to DLP next month, booked holiday inn, any opinions about this hotel?

I haven't I'm afraid gusia, but I wanted to say Welcome to the Dis!

I'm sure someone will be along in moment to answer your question :)

Hi Gusia:wave:

Sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone else will. I think all the posts I've read concerning the Holiday Inn have been favourable.

Hi, ans welcome to the board

gusia said:
going to DLP next month, booked holiday inn, any opinions about this hotel?

the Holiday Inn is one of my favourit hotels at DLRP and we stayed there already 7 times :goodvibes

You can look at the pictures at my website to get an impression of the hotel.
The shuttle busses runs frequently and you can also wal to the park if you want to.

Greets Renate :wizard:

thanksRenate,pictures were great and reports interesting. So far did find only good reports so looking forward to my trip.About breakfast - i booked rooms with breakfast but it says for 2 adults per room, what about the children? Have to pay sepatate or what? :confused3

spent a long time reading the reviews of hotels and restaurants, thanks i am sure will have more confidence walking in for the first time!THANKS! Traveling on the 12th of june, is it already crowded down there or still ok? hope the schools won't have the summer holiday yet? :wave2: :flower: :rolleyes:

Hi Gusia

welcome to DLP board :wave:

We've stayed at HI and can equally recommend it. Rooms are nicely furnished.
I'd agree with others breakfast is really on worth it as part of room rate.
We had to pay €8.00 for each of the 3 children when we were there in the summer. With adults at €15.50 each this total was nearly the same as our room rate :rolleyes:

Reid

thanks everyone , good we booked rooms with the breakfast !
Can't wait till we get there, think I am more exited than the kids!
How to get from the airport to the hotel? Do I have to let the shuttle people know that we are coming or the buses are always there ready(read they leave every 40 min.).
If I buy entry tickets from the hotel itself will they be more expensive than ordered online or bought at the park?
sorry but this is our first time and want to know as many details as possible so we can enjoy our stay as much as possible and not make too many mistakes. :wave2:

Have a look at the VEA web site as only certain shuttles go direct from airport to HI.
Otherwise you can take VEA shuttle to bus station and then take free park to HI shuttle.

Reid

Would it be too nosey to inquire what rate people have managed for Holiday Inn - including breakfast? I am considering HI for October, and we'll probably have Annual Passes so I would only need bed and breakfast. I'm curious how/where and for how much people have booked this hotel. It looks worth trying once since everyone seems to have liked it and hopefully the weather will be nice enough in October that we'll enjoy the longish walk to the parks.
Thanks in advance everybody!
:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

Jody

rates seem to have gone up from last year where we managed to €59 room only rate (although this was discount for Priority member) :)
Currently I'm getting €81 or €94 - room only or room + breakfast. Which is for Superior room (2 adults + 2 children). Standard rooms €73 or €86.

Reid

we got 86 euro per night with breakfast for a standard room, think it is reasonable as some people mentioned they paid 100 others only 65 so as you see prices are different every time, keep on checking the holiday-inn web site or call the one nearest HI to you (that is what i did and got the best internet rate anyway, without having to use the credit card online). good luck and if any more questions - glad to help. ::MickeyMo :flower: :wave:

That sounds really good - competitive with Sequoia and from what I understand the breakfast is better. HI is definitely my first choice right now, but I can't make reservations until I'm more sure about our exact dates - probably won't be for a couple of months. Since October is off season I'm assuming I'll still be able to reserve though. Without ruining the surprise I managed to get Liav's reaction to possibly staying "off-site" next time and she LOVED the idea of having her own TV... (as if I ever compete with her for TV time at the other hotels! :confused3 ). I told her I was thinking about it for "some day"...
I really appreciate the info!
:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

The only reason why we go to Holiday Inn is because the rooms are cheap (but internet prices are increasing fast). A Disney Hotel is much better, especially in the summer season (you can walk from your hotel to the parks).

Kristof
I agree you don't feel quite so part of the mag?c at HI, but those prices are so attractive :)

Reid

jodyb said:
I managed to get Liav's reaction to possibly staying "off-site" next time and she LOVED the idea of having her own TV... (as if I ever compete with her for TV time at the other hotels! :confused3 ). I told her I was thinking about it for "some day"...

LOL Jody, are you telling me she didn't smell a rat? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter