Holiday Inn Review

littlelizzie

Mouseketeer
Vienna International Magic Circus Hotel

The Vienna International Magic Circus Hotel at Disneyland Resort Paris is located at in Marne La Vallee just 10 minutes away from the parks by free shuttle bus.
Shuttles also run every ten minutes during peak times so if you are unlucky enough to find there is no room on one another will arrive shortly.

Previously this was part of the Holiday Inn hotels so the review may not be up to date

The Magic Circus is the hotel to the left of the photo.

109570pics_460_7x5.jpg

The hotel from the back:

109570DSCF0293_7x5.jpg

RECEPTION AREA:
When we arrived we found a large reception area very spacious and bright, it had a long reception desk with a couple of staff.
The check in was very quick (as there was no one else there) and the staff were friendly, helpful and spoke good English.

The photo is taken looking towards the exit doors the reception is on the left.

109570DSCF0303_7x5.jpg

The reception area contained information boards about the hotel and a leaflets stand containing information about the wild west show, shopping complex to name a few.
There were also computers for guests with internet access.
Straight ahead of you was a small Disney shop that had a small selection of disney merchandise, then to the left (around the corner) was the large bar area with lots of seating, which then lead on round the next right hand corner to the resturant.

109570DSCF0283_7x5.jpg

From the bar area are doors that lead onto a large patio seating area.
Also in this area is a children’s carousel ride, pool tables and other games machines.

109570DSCF0302_7x5.jpg

If you were to continue past the bar area to the right just before the restaurant are children’s chalk boards.

109570DSCF0299_7x5.jpg

RESTAURANT:
Only ate in here for breakfast but this had a very good selection of food, there was a hot selection of sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs. The cold selection of cereals (coco pops, frosties and weetabix) fresh fruit salad (really lovely) cold meat, cheese, rolls, croissants and Madeira cake! Toast, butter and jams. Drinks available orange juice, tea and coffee. Very good breakfast.
(Did have one morning where there was no where to sit and they ran out of spoons but the other mornings were fine).

109570DSCF0261_7x5.jpg

OUTSIDE AREAS
The hotel backs onto a man made lake with nice views

109570DSCF0294_7x5.jpg

There is also a litlle play area for children:

109570DSCF0286_7x5.jpg

SWIMMING POOL
Pool was okay just very basic with another smaller children’s pool. Bit disappointing really, no slides etc could have been designed much better, but never mind the kids still loved it.

ROOMS
Our room was 202 on the Mezzanines level not far at all from the reception area, it was quite small but clean, tidy and nicely decorated in a circus theme (but not too much!)

Main area:

Had a very comfy bed with bedside shelving, lights on both sides of the bed and one behind the headboard.

109570DSCF0278_7x5.jpg

109570DSCF0268_7x5.jpg

Room had one wardrobe with plenty of hangers and lots of space for a short stay.Also in the wardrobe was a safe.

109570DSCF0270_7x5.jpg

Then there was a chest of drawers and a dressing table with another wall light.

109570DSCF0269_7x5.jpg

The room had tea and coffee making facilities (topped up each morning) The good size TV had a clock and alarm on it. Tv channels included disney and a bbc news channel.
There were also a chair, a couple of stools and a suitcase stand.

Children’s area:

Bunk beds with a (circus theme) curtain, both bunks had their own light which they could turn on and enough room under the bunks to store both suitcases.

109570DSCF0271_7x5.jpg

They had their own TV and a couple of shelves.

109570DSCF0267_7x5.jpg

Bathroom:

The bathroom had a bath and shower (within the bath).

109570DSCF0279_7x5.jpg

Toilet and sink with a large mirror and decent hairdryer (not like some you find in hotel rooms with hardly any power) and little extras like tissues and face cloths.

109570DSCF0280_7x5.jpg

There was also standard size bottles of dove body wash in the shower/bath and by the sink.

Our room was to the side of the hotel and looked out to the hotel opposite.

View to the right out of the window:

109570DSCF0277_7x5.jpg

View straight out of the window:

109570DSCF0273_7x5.jpg

View to the left out of our window:

109570DSCF0160_7x5.jpg

Window had one opening and heavy blackout curtains.

The room was air conditioned with easy controls.

All in all a very good hotel would highly recommend it, fantastic value for money and we would definitely stay there again.

Website address: http://www.magiccircus-hotel.com/en/home/

WOW! Great review! Thanks for posting that - now I may need to consider a few nights 'offsite'!

Great report of the hotel... I have been there for as cheap as 59 euro's a night... A real good deal... I almost stay there on all my visits

FYI: Internet access is not free...

Yes the HI is a great hotel! We stayed there 2 times and we would stay there again. But the breakfast is the worst in the whole resort and in the whole world.
Even the breakfast in the Santa Fee is 1000 times better! :thumbsup2
Usually we book without breakfast but one time we had breakfast included and it was afull. (At least for us as Germans/ I know people from the UK have a different taste when it comes to BF!)
The selection of hot food was fatty and disgusting.
As you can see in littlelizzie pics you get ham and cheese as cubes. And the cheese is even wrapped up.
Germans don't like fried sausages, scrammbled eggs and bacon for breakfast. We like to eat rolls with sausage and/or cheese. And we prefer the sausage and the cheese in slices not in cubes! :lmao:
(I hope I don't sound arrogant) ;)
As we only had breakfast included for one night I asked at the reception for the price; and they told me it is 16€ per person! :scared1:
For 16€ I can get 3 baguettes at Mainstreet! And I will be more happy! And that was what we did, the other day we bought a baguette at Mainstreet for 5€ and we were full and we saved 11€ per person! :wave:

marcus.ka said:
Yes the HI is a great hotel! We stayed there 2 times and we would stay there again. But the breakfast is the worst in the whole resort and in the whole world. (I hope I don't sound arrogant) ;)
My previous posts have always stated the breakfast should be avoided, but the hotel is well themed and very well priced. I'd happily stay there again :)

Yes the HI is a great hotel! We stayed there 2 times and we would stay there again. But the breakfast is the worst in the whole resort and in the whole world.
Even the breakfast in the Santa Fee is 1000 times better!
Usually we book without breakfast but one time we had breakfast included and it was afull. (At least for us as Germans/ I know people from the UK have a different taste when it comes to BF!)
The selection of hot food was fatty and disgusting.
As you can see in littlelizzie pics you get ham and cheese as cubes. And the cheese is even wrapped up.
Germans don't like fried sausages, scrammbled eggs and bacon for breakfast. We like to eat rolls with sausage and/or cheese. And we prefer the sausage and the cheese in slices not in cubes!
(I hope I don't sound arrogant)
As we only had breakfast included for one night I asked at the reception for the price; and they told me it is 16€ per person!
For 16€ I can get 3 baguettes at Mainstreet! And I will be more happy! And that was what we did, the other day we bought a baguette at Mainstreet for 5€ and we were full and we saved 11€ per person!

I really didn’t think the breakfast was too bad, have to admit I never tried the hot selection as I don’t like it, but must admit it never looked very nice and I agree it did look very greasy! Husband had it and ate it, one morning he did say the eggs were awful! The rest of the time he ate it (but then he will eat almost everything).
I think because I had read very mixed reviews of the food I was expecting the worst but I was pleasantly surprised, for what I ate was very good, the fruit salad was lovely always fresh with a great selection. Cereal was cereal! Toast was toast! rolls, cake and croissants was also fresh (as long as you didn’t pick one when it began to get to the bottom, always grab some when it has been freshly topped up) but were good actually really liked the croissants.
Cheese was in packets but tasted okay, ham was either in cubes or slices, okay with a roll, but there was enough other things to not be too bothered about the cheese and ham although kids ate them.
All in all there was plenty that we liked, which kept us going until mid afternoon so for us it was worth the extra we paid (which wasn’t much)
Would still stand by what I said and we would eat there again.

I think you must have been unlucky Marcus as we have always had ham in slices.. There have been times when there was more chioce on the buffet than others but I presume it has been when the hotel was busier than others. We waited 30 mins for a table one day but it was a sunday in december and we are late breakfast eaters so I guess that we could have been earlier.
I am not sure it is a culture thing as my DH is Austrian.( but like you he wouldn't eat sausages and bacon for b'fast.

Thats a bit wierd. I can see why you are not keen it would be difficult to make up a roll with them. the cheese was the same as we had.

I think we only paid 15 euros more for the 4 of us which is very cheap especiall as they still count up to 16's as children so they go free.

BONITATIME said:
Thats a bit wierd. I can see why you are not keen it would be difficult to make up a roll with them. the cheese was the same as we had.

I think we only paid 15 euros more for the 4 of us which is very cheap especiall as they still count up to 16's as children so they go free.

15€ for 4 people is a good deal! And it is fair that they count children up to 16! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great review of the Holiday Inn......most useful and your effort greatly apprecaited.

Could you tell me if there was a mini bar / or fridge in the room. Also did you get toweling robes / and or towels etc.

Many Thanks

Hi Petal and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

We didn't have mini bar in our room.

No mini bar in the family rooms but there is a kettle and supplies that are refreshed each day. What we did in the winter was leave cold drinks on the window ledge. It is so cold that they stayed chilled all week. Not much use as a thought at this time of year but maybe a help for someone who is going later on.
Towels for the pool are provided. You can ask for them in the sports centre reception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter