Holiday Inn Maingate West: has anyone stayed there?

ariel_459

Earning My Ears
Hey we're going to be staying at the holiday inn maingate west for our trip and i was wondering what is like... has anyone stayed there before? just wondering because i dont want to stay at a crappy hotel, and if people say its bad i think i will make reservations on site! but by all means, i dont exactly have the funding for that thats why im staying there... help!

Boy, its been a few years but we stayed there 3 times before we started staying onsite. We thought it was very nice. I understand it has been remodeled again, probable to expand. We never had any problems. It was only a few minutes drive(5 maybe) to the main entrance off of 192. It was very convient. Like I mentioned it has been a few years but being that close, it would either have to get better or go under. Hope this helps...smjj

We stayed last year and LOVED it!!! The hotel is done in a train theme and each KidSuite has it's own theme-OIurs happened to be Edy's Ice Cream. We will definately stay there again. :)

My DW and I flew out the evening before our Disney vacation and booked a night at the Holiday Inn Maingate East thinking a Holiday Inn would be decent. Boy were we wrong!! Maybe it was just our room, but the place was an absolute dump. We arrived on Dec 7th and it was fairly humid outside. Our room felt like 100 people had taken hot showers with no exhaust fan. The AC wouldn't/couldn't help the humidity level of the room. The little brass plated wire protector going up the wall to cover the wire to the lights over the bed was all green and corroded from the moisture, so it must be like that all the time. The floors felt wet when we stepped on them with no shoes on. DW and I did not even pull the covers over us that night because they felt just as nasty and damp as the carpet! We didn't check in until 10:30 that night and we were out by 7 the next morning. I was never so happy to leave a place in my life! ASMo was sooooo much nicer!! Hopefully for you the West side is better.

Greg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter