Holiday Inn Maingate East vs Comfort Suites Maingate East

mollyjo

Earning My Ears
Hello all--thanks in advance for your input. We've got a family of five and have good rates at both--$65 vs $55--any real reason to stay at one versus the other? --MJ

I've never stayed at the comfort suites but we just got back last week from the Holiday Inn Maingate East. When are you going and is the $55 for a suite rather than a room, because that would be a good price depending on when you'll be there, we paid $65 for a 1 bedroom suite (not the kidsuite). We liked it well enough and it was very convenient. Any specific questions?

HIME is an old style Holiday Inn motel with parking around the perimeter, two stories, outside room entrances, interior courtyard with pool, buildings spread out over large area, rooms have been remodeled.
CSME is much newer, about 6 stories, slightly closer to WDW, walking distance to Old Town, room entrance off interior corridor, nicer pool area.
Beware that both offer suites that are not true suites, IMHO; HIME has "Kidsuites" which is just a partition in a regular hotel motel room, and at CSME most rooms do not have a separate closed off bedroom. Both do offer true suites however, just be careful what you book.
If cost is important, the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird is very similar to HIME but usually can be had for under $50, no real suites however.
CSME is the most attractive and newest of these three.

Hi Molljo...

I was interested in your post. We are leaving for WDW tomorrow (WOOHOO!) and we will be staying at the Comfort Inn Maingate East this time. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate East before and it was okay, but very plain and the rooms are small. As someone else said, it is somewhat dated and an older motel. I've seen great feedback on Comfort Suites, and was motivated to book there because they offer a nice continental breakfast free of charge. For us, that is a substantial savings and we don't have to go off-site for breakfast. It is newer, and the pool is heated. I found that many places say they have a pool, but not necessarily a heated one. The HIME's pool is heated, and very large, but IMHO, I would go with the CIME. I will post about our trip when we get back 3-17. Hope this helps!

Bonnie

Thanks--I was really wondering about the outside versus inside entrances--coupled with the fact that it's a lot newer and $10 cheaper--and it does get good reviews from most who stay there, I think we'll head to CSME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter