Holiday Inn info ...... Please

Arissa

Earning My Ears
Hi, Could anyone advise between the Holiday Inn on Kirkman opposite Universal entrance, and the Holiday Inn on International Drive? We are planning to be there for the first time at end of August.

We have a 3 and a 4yr old and whilst visiting Universal and Seaworld would like to make life as easy as possible for them as well as us ;)

They are both fussy eaters and as Holiday Inns do a kids eat free offer we thought this may ease the load. The one on Kirkman has a TGI's as its main Restaurant, don't know about the one on International drive. What are the pools like? Are they Child friendly hotels?

Any input welcome.

~Arissa

Hello

We havent stayed at either but I have seen the HI International Drive from the outside and it
looks good. International Drive is great and ideal if you dont want to drive as you can hop on the little green bus which takes you to the South Or North. Especially good if you like a little drop of wine with your meals and dont want to take a car..........

We are planning to stay at the H.I.Express Int Drive which also provides a complimentary breakfast buffet.

I always stay off site because of the choice of restaurants and to be honest Disney property is so overpriced, dont you think? Additionally Universal theme parks are much better for the older kids (and adults). So along with wetnwild and seaworld what more can you ask for.....

Enjoy your holiday.

Ciao

Arissa,

I haven't stayed at either of these, but there have been some very lengthy posts regarding them in the past. In case you haven't noticed it, the search button is near the top right hand of the page. Try it for Holiday Inn International Drive and Holiday Inn Universal. You might try just Holiday Inn, but you'll have to weed through all of the others. I'm not sure if the old posts from the old board came over, but it's worth a try. (I'd try to check for you, but I've got to run right now.)

Also, be sure to sign up for Holiday Inn's Priority Club (it's free). You sometimes get free room upgrades and other perks!

Sheila

I stayed at the Holiday Inn I Drive in September of last year and really enjoyed it. My co-worker, on the other hand stayed at he other HI accross from the park and highly recommends it also.

The I Drive one is walking distance from MANY eating places and also has a pizza take out and a rather good room service, which we used twice. Every room has a refrigerator and a microwave and since we ordered Netgrocer supplies we used them alot.

Thankyou for all the replies.

Looks Like Holiday Inn on International drive, the Fridge and microwave and waterfall pool sell it.

I've also found a great rate through...... http://www.2000floridatravel.com/

Only concern now is if they will still give Holiday Inn Priority Club benefits if not booking directly with them.

Regards

~Arissa.

Arissa:

I booked via Expedia.com and they accepted my Priority Club benefits. I just showed my card at check in and they added it on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter