Holiday Inn Family Suites - help

tred

Earning My Ears
I have reservations at the HIFS Lake Buena Vista for October. I just read messages not very complimentary to this. Help!!! 4 adults...3 children under 10. We want to stay offsite and fun for the kids. Any suggestions? And...it HIFS really that bad? Thanks for the help!

We stayed there in June with 3 adults and 2 boys, 9 & 12. We thought it was perfect for us. I think you will be a little crowded but certainly will have more room that a regular hotel room. The second half of our stay was at ASSports where we had two connecting rooms. I asked everybody which they preferred and all said they like both places about the same. Your biggest problem will be bathroom time. HIFS has only one bathroom. If money is a concern you can't beat free full breakfast for 7 people. Our kids also kept busy with their shuffleboard and miniature golf course. Overall we really liked HIFS and would go back. I hope some of this helps.

Hi,
You might want to do a search using" HIFS" in the title. I too was considering HIFS and did a search and found tons of info. on this resort. Most all of it positive.I have heard hardly any bad comments. Debbie-Indiana

4 adults is the problem..there is only one bed in the master bedroom and then a sofa sleeper in the living room. I can't imagine two grown adults on the sofa sleeper.

The bathroom problem is also a consideration.

I think It is perfect for a family with only 2 adults and 2-4 kids..but throw more adults in there and you will be begging for another room!

Although I'm one of the people posting negative comments on the space at HIFS, I do think it's adequate for someone with 2 adults and 2 or 3 little ones. My two teens were very uncomfortable on the hideabed and we were very uncomfortable having them there! It was hard getting around them in the morning and there was no privacy for them. I would never do it with 4 adults and 3 kids but that is just MO.
Jenn

Tred, HIFS is a very nice hotel. We stayed there for one night in February. We had 2 adults and 2 teens in a kidsuite. It was just right for us. We went with three other adults who stayed in a classic suite. Our room was very clean & decorated nicely. Our younger son brought video games which did work on their video game set. The pool area looked nice but we didn't use it. We enjoyed the breakfast. I liked the fact that we didn't have to hunt around for a restaurant before going to the park. You may want to consider renting two suites for the number of people you have.

Well, we Stayed at HIFS 5 days!! There were 2 grandparents,Dd 14yr.old,Oldest Dd and 1yr.old in a crib and a High chair!!!! In one Kidsuite! The real crib,was in the frontroom with the pull out sofa!!

We split showers 2 at night 3 in the morning!!

There is a small Table and chairs in the Kidsuite that kids can pullout to dining ares to sit at!! Or you can eat buffet style in the livingroom using the sofa,arm chair rocker,and the kitchen chairs in the livingroom,too.

The Kidsuites have 2 bunks and a trundle bed,the sofa bed sleeps 2,and there is a King bed in the Master bedroom.

:bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth:

We stayed here just a week ago and we thought it was great too. But with 4 adults and 3 kids it will be croweded. How about a classic suite? It has 2 queen beds in separate rooms (for the adults) and then put the kids on the sofa sleeper? Of course you still have the bathroom situation. Just a suggestion.

Do any of the adults happen to be grandparents - or people over 50 years old? If so, you can get a great senior rate. We have a rate of $79 per night in November because my parents are sixty. Just thought I'd ask.:)

Hi-
Just returned from HIFS. Go, you'll have a great time. In my opinion, I thought space was adequate for two adults, and two children. You may want to get another room, since you have 4 adults- otherwise you'll be fine..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter