Holiday Harmony December Exercise Challenge

30 minutes for me = 300/465

Sorry about the vertigo, Elizabeth Smith! and congrats on reaching Candle-Glow Orange in spite of it!!!

Team totals = 2,405 (64%)

Question of the day:
What (Disney) song are you most grateful for?

I'll go with "When you wish upon a star..." because it brings me right to the Magic Kingdom.

+60 this morning doing last minute Christmas shopping and frantically walking around Target. Lol.
225/540

The song I am most grateful for? I'll choose a Disney song just to narrow it down. How about Zip-a-dee-doo-dah? That song always gets me in a good mood and makes me think of Disney fun that's yet to come.

:cheer2: It's a banner day for Team December!! :cheer2:

We have 100% reporting for yesterday* and have made Rosy-cheeked Pink!!!

(* That includes my tiny 10 minute walk - the cat got cold. :rotfl:)

:rainbow: Individual congratulations to to Shrfleen as well, who has jumped straight from blue to pink!! :Pinkbounc

Today's gratitude question is:

What story are you grateful for?

(I'll have to think about this one and come back. - I love so many!)

125 minutes

1410/1300

There are so many stories for which I am grateful. I love all of the stories my grandmother used to tell me about her life. The love story between an aunt and uncle is beautiful and inspiring. My own little family has a sweet origin story. And as Elizabeth Smith mentioned, the Christmas story is very special. This season, A Christmas Carol has seemed especially endearing to me. I've read it countless times, watched various versions of the movie each year, and even performed as Mrs. Cratchit on stage. But for some reason, this year, it has stayed on my mind and in my heart more closely. I think the idea of someone with a terrible void in their heart being able to transform so completely warms my spirit and gives me hope for humanity after a year of bleak, gut-wrenching news stories. I wish for the world a plethora of reformed Ebenezer Scrooges.

Another great color-changing day! :rainbow:

Congrats to Elizabeth Smith, and to Twilight Sparkle - our first Christmas Tree Green!

Team total is 3,020 minutes, or 80%!!

Today's question is:

What tradition are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for decorating the tree as a family. We put on Christmas music and as we unwrap the ornaments, we remember the places where we bought them or the people who gave them to us.

P.S. - My answer for yesterday is old family stories. My cousin visited with her baby in the afternoon, and we got to talking about our childhoods and things our grandmother used to do. it was really neat.

Last edited:
+50 tonight on my parents' exercise bike. I am at their house for Christmas and we have been doing holiday baking all day, and of course sampling the goods. I really needed to burn some of that off!!

335/540

The tradition I am most grateful for is the tradition of singing Christmas hymns at church in December. I'm a little burnt out on O Come Let Us Adore Him, though, to be honest. Maybe a little Hark the Herald Angel Sing, if I could make a request?

Merry Christmas Eve!

No minutes for me yesterday. (It seems I have two modes lately - "busy with holiday errands/prep/company" or "sitting on the couch watching Christmas movies." But I am determined to exercise today!)

Team totals are 3,145 minutes, 83%.

Today's question:
What challenge are you grateful for?

Disney answer: the challenge of vacation planning! I know we all complain about having to book ADRs so far in advance, rearranging Fast-Passes to get the things we want, etc. But underneath, I really am grateful that all these options are there and that we have the resources to take on the Disney planning challenge in the first place.

I hope all had a Merry Christmas and didn't over-indulge toooo much. Adding 30 minutes from riding the exercise bike yesterday.

The challenge I am most grateful for is this exercise challenge. I cannot tell you what a big difference this has made for my motivation to be active.

Off to bed, because unfortunately I have to drive back home and go to work tomorrow!!

365/540

Merry Christmas!

a crazy 795 minutes since last check in for a total of:

2205/1300

I don't think I'll ever top this month, and I hope I never again accumulate minutes in this way. I've been taking care of an extremely ill horse at the barn (not mine, owners are out of town) and have logged an insane amount of time out there the past few days. My family is ready to vote me off the island, but we have still managed to fit in some of our traditions.

Speaking of traditions, my favorite tradition at this time of year is baking cookies with my daughter. As for the challenge I'm most grateful for, I agree with Elizabeth Smith. It has to be our group's challenge each month. It really keeps me motivated, and I adore hearing from each of you as we cheer each other on. Thank you all for being here!

Edited to add: Actually, I might have topped this number before on Disney trips. I have one coming up in less than a month, so we'll have to see how January's total turns out. At least Disney minutes are a much happier way of earning my minutes.

Happy Boxing Day, All!

My "determined to exercise" on Sunday amounted to a whopping 10 minutes before I was needed elsewhere, so I'm at 320/465, but Twilight Sparkle's addition of several hours puts our team total at Christmas Tree Green already!! :cheer2::rainbow::cheer2: Go team, and I hope the horse is doing better!

Since I skipped posting on Christmas, we're a day behind on the chart (but that's OK, as it has only 30 questions and December has 31 days) so today's question is:

What moment this week are you most grateful for?

135 minutes

2340/1300

I'm hoping the sweet mare I'm helping has turned a corner. She ate a little bit today for the first time since Friday. That first bite today is the moment I'm currently most grateful for!

40 minutes at the gym today

755/1000

Going back a few days, I'm grateful for Walt Disney's story - how he lost Oswald, but used that experience to create Mickey and ultimately the Disney empire.

Challenge - getting ready for a huge trip in January/February

Moment - when a pre-teen nephew showed true appreciation of something extra that my DH had done for him

Hope the mare continues to improve!

:rainbow: And we have 2 more individual color changes!! Congrats to:

:yay: Sherfleen and :yay: sophy1996 !!!

Team totals stand at 4,215 and today's question is:

What form of expression are you most grateful for?

I'll go with photography. I love taking pictures, and doing creative things with them!

And, since we have only a few more days left in December, please think about hosting January!

+50 minutes from the treadmill at work today!
415/540

The moment I am most grateful for this week, so far, is a lovely bath I had last night.
And the form of expression I am most grateful for is probably story-telling. I have always loved telling stories, and depending on who you ask, I'm pretty good at it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!