• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HOJO in October

JenDisneylandlver

DIS Veteran
So we decided to stay at Hojo's in October. Just don't think we'll be able to swing the costs for GCH. I'm pretty excited about it though. I'm a dork that never realized there was a cross walk to get in to near by from those hotels. :lmao:

So how far of a walk is it to the hotel/parks? Longest time (thinking tired with sore feet at night hehe) it takes?

I would like to get the disney view rooms with the balcony. Are those the more quiet rooms? I don't really want to get a room with freeway noise. Any advice on that is much appreciated.

For those of you who have stayed there. How did you like it? Nice and clean? Thanks for all the input. I know I've said I've had some bad luck staying offsite in the past. But that was before coming here and getting the goods on where is best to stay. So I'm pretty happy about staying here, and saving lots of moola. I could always use more money for my disney shopping while I'm there! ;)

It is about a 7 minute walk to the park which seems to take forever when you are coming back at night. ;) We decided that we are going to walk to the park and ride the ART back to the hotel.

If you get a Disney view room in Building 1, your room will not be up against the freeway. I don't know about Building 2 though. Also, Buildings 3 and 4 are in the middle of Hojo's property so they won't be up against the freeway either. Of course, you are going to hear the loud freeway no matter which room you stay in when you are out on your balcony. But the rooms above are quiet inside.

Hojo is VERY clean and the staff are wonderful. You won't find a nicer off-site hotel for the price.

I love the HoJo. I especially love their Entertainment Rates. :cool1:

Yes, they are very clean and customer service can't be beat. They are about a 10 minute walk from the esplanade.

If you are set on a theme park view room, make sure you ask for a room on the end of the bldg 1 closest to the lobby. Otherwise, you are able to be closer to the freeway and hear a lot of traffic noise. The upper rooms (anything over 5th floor) are above the freeway barrier and noise is louder.

If you want a really quiet room, and don't care about a theme park view, Bldg. 2 by the quiet pool is your best bet.

We have stayed at the DLH and HOJO. We enjoyed both, but HOJO is so worth it for the price. Food is cheaper off site, (loved McDonald's on the way to DL for a quick breakfast for an ice cream on the way back to HOJO. We stayed in October and my dd 6 loved the pool. You will have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter