HO-HO-HOLY GRINCHMAS...10 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS AT RPR..NOV/DEC 2018

It`s unusual for places not to be accommodating and usually we find the hotels to be fabulous with allergies....but to tell you to go somewhere else is awful!!! GF is hardly a rare thing to accommodate today.....but at least you have plenty of other options. I know yours and Josh`s food pics always look fabulous!!!

It is! We were very surprised at the waiter's attitude after we told him that. He seemed more annoyed like we had wasted his time and didn't even try to find something on the menu. It's usually pretty easy to accomodate, I figured even if the nachos weren't something would be. But I was kind of surprised the nachos weren't. Plus I had already ordered a smoothie and they had made me open a tab, before they told us that so now he had to immediately close the tab and I had to carry around until I finished because we didn't stay. Most places are pretty good about it. Aside from Sal's we've had GF food in Mama Della's and Bice too (and I think the other restaurant has some as well), so I'm not sure why he said we should only go to Sal's.

Loved seeing your mini golf game too! Josh and I get competitive over mini golf too :rotfl: We played that course on our first trip (but it was sooo hot out), and have been meaning to get back there someday and try the alien one.

One of these days you are going to have to explain the difference between in flourless and regular chocolate cake. I didnt word that correctly as of course one does not have flour. Just never heard of one before I started reading your reports.

If you watch any baking competitions on Food Network they will frequently bust out the flourless cake. I assume that is because they bake faster. They are gluten-free. I think that's the primary appeal. Generally considered to be a healthier alternative to traditional cake.

One of these days you are going to have to explain the difference between in flourless and regular chocolate cake. I didnt word that correctly as of course one does not have flour. Just never heard of one before I started reading your reports.

If you watch any baking competitions on Food Network they will frequently bust out the flourless cake. I assume that is because they bake faster. They are gluten-free. I think that's the primary appeal. Generally considered to be a healthier alternative to traditional cake.

Yep, flourless is as simple as it sounds......lol.......

Mostly held together with eggs, and of course chocolate is quite dense in itself. It cooks in around 45 minutes to an hour.......

It’s got a texture of ganache, very rich and thick, some describe it as thicker than fudge........not light and airy like cakes with flour....he’s not gluten free, he just loves how chocolatey it is!!

As for being healthier, I don’t think it is....it has a huge amount of sugar in it, more than a regular cake.....and usually more chocolate and of course cocoa powder too........

But......it’s not an everyday cake.........:D

It is! We were very surprised at the waiter's attitude after we told him that. He seemed more annoyed like we had wasted his time and didn't even try to find something on the menu. It's usually pretty easy to accomodate, I figured even if the nachos weren't something would be. But I was kind of surprised the nachos weren't. Plus I had already ordered a smoothie and they had made me open a tab, before they told us that so now he had to immediately close the tab and I had to carry around until I finished because we didn't stay. Most places are pretty good about it. Aside from Sal's we've had GF food in Mama Della's and Bice too (and I think the other restaurant has some as well), so I'm not sure why he said we should only go to Sal's.

Loved seeing your mini golf game too! Josh and I get competitive over mini golf too :rotfl: We played that course on our first trip (but it was sooo hot out), and have been meaning to get back there someday and try the alien one.

Lol......I can imagine you both being competitive with it........:laughing:

But, I’m so glad he finds it easy to have good food options wherever you eat......as you say, it’s so easy to accommodate ::yes::

You are propelled out of the tunnel before you know it, but it is so smooth......and the speed is fun!!! The guy at the end of our row is screaming like a baby...….but he was loving it too......very odd...…..

Trying to get caught up around here. This made me laugh because I am such a chicken lol. But it's awesome that you go on all the scary rides together, even if only once!!

Still following along! My hubby and i just got back from a long weekend at Universal, and we had a fabulous time! The weather was so nice, and crowds were really minimal. After a very difficult few months that included the passing of my father-in-law and my mother, it was a much-needed time away to recharge our batteries. I noticed that Jurassic Park is closed off, and it looks like a major refurbishment is in the works. Of course, I thought about you and Tom and tried to take your advice to take in all the small details in the scenery. I think I looked in every window in the park, and I loved it! Since our teenagers weren't with us, we could spend our time looking at all the little things and enjoying the atmosphere. It made me so glad that we had renewed our APs for Christmas! We are already thinking about spring break and summer (with the kids this time, of course - they were so jealous that we went without them!)

Trying to get caught up around here. This made me laugh because I am such a chicken lol. But it's awesome that you go on all the scary rides together, even if only once!!

Lol.....I used to be that chicken too!!!

First year, just couldn’t pluck up the courage to go on the bigger rides. They both tried to persuade me so much, but I was terrified, more of the drops, but I hate heights too.....lol.......but by the following year I was determined and did it.......never looked back.......yes, we love going on them altogether.....but yes, some I can only do once if I want to be able to do more.

Maybe try and build up a little.......do you do any rides that are “slightly thrilling”?

I’d love to do a charity parachute jump.......it’s for a fabulous little charity, but Tom has said absolutely no way does he want me to ever do that.....so, as he never, ever says “no” to me......I can do as I’m asked just this once....:)

Still following along! My hubby and i just got back from a long weekend at Universal, and we had a fabulous time! The weather was so nice, and crowds were really minimal. After a very difficult few months that included the passing of my father-in-law and my mother, it was a much-needed time away to recharge our batteries. I noticed that Jurassic Park is closed off, and it looks like a major refurbishment is in the works. Of course, I thought about you and Tom and tried to take your advice to take in all the small details in the scenery. I think I looked in every window in the park, and I loved it! Since our teenagers weren't with us, we could spend our time looking at all the little things and enjoying the atmosphere. It made me so glad that we had renewed our APs for Christmas! We are already thinking about spring break and summer (with the kids this time, of course - they were so jealous that we went without them!)

Oh how fabulous Andrea!!! I’m so glad to hear you had such a lovely time!

And yes, you’ve had a tough time recently, so I know it was a much needed break. I hope it helped to ease and settle your mind and well being somewhat......:)

Yes, the JP update is going to be fabulous.......I don’t think it’s been fully revealed yet, could be wrong about that of course, but I’m sure there’s more to be told.

There really is so much detail that is easy to miss......I know how lucky we are with having so much time there we can take our time and I’m glad you enjoyed doing that too, you can spend hours just looking at things we usually all walk past as we head to the next ride.......yes, when we have Kyle with us we don’t wander as slowly as we usually do when it’s just the two of us. So without your kids I can imagine taking it at a much slower pace.

I’m glad you renewed your AP....wasn’t Father Christmas kind.......:D and you have a few trips in the planning with the kids!!! Excellent........

Glad to see you back again........::yes::

TUESDAY DECEMBER 5TH…….

We fell asleep quickly in the end and slept incredibly well, till around 2am when I was awoken by the sound of torrential rain......I got up without disturbing Tom at all and opened the drapes......I wish I had got a picture of it as you couldn't see the pool at one point. Even when it eased it was still bouncing down, and quite the sight to see.....I did stand for around 15 minutes just watching the rain...…

I do have a friend who doesn't understand I do love to watch heavy downpours......as long as I`m inside.....it is very hypnotic and relaxing at times......only thing missing is lightning. Now for that type of weather we are the epitome of tourists in Florida...….we do stand and watch...…..yep, classic tourists at times......

But, eventually I get back into bed and fall back asleep...….and it is a good sleep.

We as usual get up early, although today is going to be a bit of a different one.

Once we are up and showered we head up for breakfast as usual......and it is fairly busy again. You always get a lovely and warm welcome when you go in, and today is the same.

I go up to the toaster and make my toast and a man strikes up a conversation with me.....have no clue who he is but I chat back......he asks if we`ve stayed here before and the usual stuff......then he tells me he doesn't understand how anyone could spend more than a few days at Universal at any time of year...….I say oh really...…..he then expands with he`s not overly thrilled here and wishes he hadn't wasted so much money on this trip as none of them were having enough fun...

Yep...…I didn't have the energy…...or the inclination.

But, we honestly never get bored here, and although we don't spend all day every day in the parks, we do spend a lot of time riding and reriding and just enjoying the whole atmosphere of the parks.....and if some don't get or understand that......who cares!!!! We love it...….

So, we enjoyed breakfast and headed downstairs to our room......I sent an email to our friend who was planning to meet us his morning and walk to IOA with us......we were headed to the Christmas shop.....so he replied did now suit us ok.....it certainly was......so we went downstairs to meet him...….anytie would suit us as this guy is really incredibly busy and we so appreciate him taking the time for us. To say we adore him is an understatement.

Long story short...….Kyle went back up to the room as he had forgotten his park ticket, I chatted to our friend while we waited.....Kyle came back down and said the room key wouldn't work......so we all trooped up to see what it was and as we arrived so did security and a maintenance guy to fix it...….so our friend went back downstairs and we arranged to meet a little later......best laid plans!!!

So, as I had a couple of hours to kill, I did a load of laundry. The laundry in T3 is on the 2nd floor and quite hidden if you don't know where it is positioned......I never like the second floor as it doesn`t have any windows when you are at the elevators.....it seems very dark.

Laundry done and dried, we went down to the lobby to meet our friend again and we headed in to IOA.

It was a lovely visit to the Christmas store and we bought a whole load of decorations including three of the HE stocking holders for the mantle in our sitting room....we were pleased with them.....at one point though Tom heard the rather loud sound of an ornament falling and shattering into a million pieces.....and turned to see a look of horror on my face......he and our friend just laughed...….lol......Kyle meanwhile was like a chameleon and disappeared......of course he did!!!

The lady was there immediately to clear it up and I was so apologetic......at this point my friend brought me a basket to put everything in......lol.....nice idea!!! We ended up filling two baskets and were incredibly pleased with our haul from today...….and we had seen a couple of nice gift ideas too while we were there. They do have some lovely Potter ornaments in a glass case......very nice.

We all walked back to the hotel and it was so pleasant......we chatted all the way back and in the lobby said goodbye to him for now...we would of course see him again before we left, but for now we were heading off to drop all the items we just purchased into our room and then we were heading off to the Mall at Millenia.

We went straight to the Montblanc store when we arrived....Kyle was picking up the wallet he had ordered a few days ago......although when we went in the guy was on lunch and the other staff member wasn't in the least interested......so we waited a little bit and wandered into Williams and Sonoma...one of my favourite stores.

I buy a lime juicer and an ice cream scoop that could be classed as a lethal weapon.....it weighs a ton!!!! But we could be doing with a new one and a lime juicer is something I`ve meant to buy for a long time....the ones in the UK weren't as good…...no weight behind them at all....but this one is solid and sturdy. And very green.....no missing that in the utensil drawer...….

We wander back over to Montblanc as the man is arriving back from lunch, and Kyle is pleased with the wallet when he brings it out. He also got his initials embossed in the inside....not gold or silver, just embossed in so it looks lovely and not tacky as gold can sometimes be.

By now of course I was starving...….nothing unusual there...…..so we went into the Cheesecake Factory for Kyle to get a slice of his favourite cake to take out and we planned to go upstairs and eat in the food court.

The CF was mobbed. It was after 1pm and everyone seemed to be waiting for a table, but it is an incredibly busy restaurant at any time of the day.....we did manage to get his slice and headed up to the food court.

It is quite a nice food court here...….and Tom suggests we eat from the Chinese place......I agree.....I love their Bourbon Chicken......this is one of our cheapest meals on the whole trip......we can never believe how cheap it is to eat over here....even with the worst exchange rate for the UK pound in years......it`s still a bargain for us generally...….

We both decide on bourbon chicken, I opt for orange chicken and rice while Tom goes for noodles and general Tso chicken which was supposed to be spicy......I also covered my rice in hot sauce, which was hot!!

i-MJmdcqS-XL.jpg

i-WXNz3NJ-XL.jpg

And of course Kyle has his favourite cake...…..

i-wpn7Xjn-XL.jpg

They are all gorgeous.......for such a bargain meal, we really enjoy it...….and of course Kyle clears the container of Linda`s Chocolate Fudge Cake...….it is a very large slice you get!!!!!

We sit for a little while letting our lunch settle and watch the goings on around us...….sometimes we have a Haagen Daaz ice cream after, but today we have no room for dessert...….

The mall isn't busy, but we don't feel like wandering around today at all. I guess whatever is working on Kyle is starting.

We get back to the room and Kyle lays down in our bed for an hour...….we were planning to do the Parade tonight but tell him if he doesn't feel like it we don't need to go...….we can hang around the hotel if that's all he feels like doing...…..but he says he`ll be fine after a sleep.

We close the door to the bedroom to give him some peace and I start to iron. Home from home....

Domestic Goddess here..……..

Now we just wait for Kyle to wake up and see how he feels...……

More to follow...….

Kyle slept for a couple of hours, and did feel ok when he woke up. We had watched some tv and felt our eyes glaze over at some the inane shows that were on...….so we turned it back to the weather channel.....and they were predicting a cold day tomorrow....we would worry about that tomorrow.....

Kyle felt alright but looked tired, however he felt good enough to go see the parade......and this was one thing he did want to see. He wasn't bothered about the castle show, but did like this last year, so this was a must do.

We headed down to the boat after he had freshened up and had a few minutes wait for it this afternoon. And it was another busy boat....I guess everyone was heading to the same place. Tom did ask before we reached the boat dock if we should go back and get our hoodies.....but......it felt warm and I said oh we won`t need them. We may regret that later...….

It was still early as we had decided not to go to the lounge tonight......very unusual I know......but the parade began at 5.15pm and we wanted to be there a little bit before it started.

One of the first things you see as the boat departs is the plane and a classic icon of RPR.…….hope they never get rid of this plane.

i-LgDFXsH-XL.jpg

The entrance to the park was surprisingly deserted for the time of evening.....there were so many people pouring in and even some going out of the park, but we did manage to get a few pics while no one was around...…

i-xJpj66x-XL.jpg

i-SQjTK6p-XL.jpg

Kyle didn't feel like going on any rides tonight, I think he didn't want to risk bringing a headache on...so we just went and sat on a bench near the tree...….we were surprised to get a bench as all the other benches and seats had all been claimed as we past them.

We had watched the parade from this area last year and had enjoyed it, so thought we would stand near the tree again...….we would move over to the other side of the road nearer the start time......but for now we sat and waited...….

And Tom got a rather arty (for us) shot of a shiny bauble on the tree...…...

i-5jt4Fjw-XL.jpg

After about 15 minutes we began to feel a little cool.....there was a cool breeze starting up.....when the breeze stopped it was lovely...but yep......we did wish we had brought our hoodies about now. Ooops.

And then, Tom heard the words he always dreads to hear...…….

I am miserable when I`m cold...….and maybe I`m over playing this cool evening, but it was cooler than usual and we weren't used to it in Orlando......and of course Tom had offered to go back and get the hoodies......something he would remind me of again I was sure....lol.....Kyle said he felt cool and his arms were cold......we did think about going into Jimmy Fallon and getting 3 hoodies.....but at that we decided to move over to the other side of the street as the parade was about to get going. Cold or not, we did plan to enjoy this lovely parade......

We had seen there was no one stood where we were going.....but as we got over there, one girl had spread out 5 bags so she was taking up in effect the room that around 6 or so people could stand. We looked at the bags and looked at her and she said she didn't speak English......lol......yeah ok......at that a TM approached her as he had noticed her do it and told her to move the bags.....she understood that. So, we were at the front.....but to be honest the crowd isn't that bad and you could still see from behind. But, within a few minutes the parade was about to begin.

i-kntTgbC-XL.jpg

i-zH3jx3Q-XL.jpg

We huddled quite close together to warm up, and when the rest of her family appeared there was more than enough room for them.....and there was a pushchair there too, but we made room for that as the little one was maybe around two......we wanted her to be able to see everything. And they did say thank you for that...

It just wasn't quite dark enough when it started but, good enough...…..

i-XbKV89n-XL.jpg

The dancers were beautiful...…...

i-NC4k24G-XL.jpg

i-kg7VrMd-XL.jpg

i-dpZX7jw-XL.jpg

i-VhCr6sv-XL.jpg

Who doesn't love a Minion.....and of course Gru is a classic!!!!

i-5ZjzTPv-XL.jpg

i-hB7CgFV-XL.jpg

It really was lovely when the ticker tape was ejected from the machines atop the buildings...….and only enhanced the beautiful parade that was passing us by......we were so impressed with the displays this year again.....

i-H9bH98V-XL.jpg

i-5ns7LpG-XL.jpg

i-8CCTSZX-XL.jpg

i-gHPdDns-XL.jpg

i-F7FLgQf-XL.jpg

Can`t help but think this gingerbread man is a little...…..well, kinda creepy......maybe because it was looming over us rather menacingly...…...or it seemed that way to us...….lol....

i-R4zqmCN-XL.jpg

i-cC85HZn-XL.jpg

i-Xz2kWpz-XL.jpg

Donkey is so funny......even when he`s just sitting on the float......he just is...….I guess I can always hear Eddie Murphy whenever I see Donkey...….such a funny guy!!!

i-WPRtmCb-XL.jpg

i-pGpJWNW-XL.jpg

i-T3rP42h-XL.jpg

i-CP7WhJK-XL.jpg

And of course Shrek and Fiona are adorable...….they are such popular characters...….everyone loves them.

i-44DLNbn-XL.jpg

i-d36VVbh-XL.jpg

i-JGdx7W7-XL.jpg

We really were loving this parade......the whole atmosphere was tremendous and everyone around was genuinely enjoying it...….even the slightly hostile lady beside us thawed and smiled...….

Coming up...….more floats, Father Christmas, a surprise meet and Longhorn Steakhouse…...

Gorgeous photos of the parade! Especially the "artsy" ornament one!

I'm with you...being cold stinks!

lol.....he was pretty pleased with that one!

Yes, it`s horrible if you don't like cold weather......it does stink!!!! I`m not meant to live in a cold climate, so going to Orlando is supposed to be a retreat......but I suppose one or two days wasn't too bad....yes, we enjoyed the parade again...…...:)

Thanks for the Johnny pic ....I needed that :love::santa:

Love the arty one too!

Lol.......you’re welcome!! Always glad to help..........

He is rather easy on the eye in most pictures.........:flower:

Yep, like that picture..........::yes::

Finally caught up again now that I'm back from New Orleans! Now that I'm done here, I owe someone an email and stories from the Big Easy... ;)

Finally caught up again now that I'm back from New Orleans! Now that I'm done here, I owe someone an email and stories from the Big Easy... ;)

Yay!!!!

You’re back........hope you had a fabulous trip and enjoyed every second........and yes, looking forward to that next email!! Almost bedtime for me here......so I have something to look forward to in the morning.........::yes::

Nice to have you back.........:thumbsup2

i-3dVWK8h-XL.jpg

Once the floats that were most associated with Christmas appeared...the sky around us was engulfed in the most beautiful snow......and the atmosphere became even more pronounced. Everyone was smiling and Tom and I smiled and reminisced of one Christmas trip spent in Germany where there was real snow falling as a small parade started around a very traditional square in the centre of the town and then we all sang Silent Night in German as the snow began to fall quite suddenly.......it was a perfect night and one we`ve never forgotten...….I`m not quite sure what exactly brought that to mind tonight being that we were in Universal and it was a long time ago, but, however, it did.

i-nnTkB77-XL.jpg

i-kCfMRPh-XL.jpg

And of course the main man appearing was a sight to see.....and it is so emotional...….I could feel Kyle thinking oh oh.....mum will be sniffling in a minute...….lol...he knows his mum so well....and I have to say I was sniffling....slightly......the whole display and just being there at this time of year does hit me at times and I am so thankful for the ability to do it with my family......

i-7mP7TD4-XL.jpg

i-dVHLkKk-XL.jpg

i-cRZgKBd-XL.jpg

i-HKMCSDQ-XL.jpg

The finale of course is the lighting of the tree.....and it is beautiful...and of course the whole place cheers and applauds as Father Christmas does his duty...…..lovely.

i-jNgf6zc-XL.jpg

i-M8fs28G-XL.jpg

And that was it for another year........we were so glad we had seen it again as it was beautiful and so much fun to see it all again.

We wandered straight ahead past Jimmy Fallon and marvelled at how civilised it was leaving the park at this time.....no pushing or shoving and being able to see the walkway was ideal!!! I hate large crowds and feel very uncomfortable in them......so this was nice and relaxing.

We decide, rather weirdly to turn left at the Boulangerie and go and see some of the lights on the buildings round there...….we had seen them last year but our camera hadn't captured them well....so I wondered if this one would do better...……

i-LJ27gvT-XL.jpg

i-n568vqn-XL.jpg

It didn't do a bad job.

So, Kyle and I are mucking around and Tom shouts for us to look at the camera...…I am looking behind Tom and to the side as shows in the picture...….and there we see two faces that are familiar to us...…

i-7krhgW9-XL.jpg

It was Holly and Hank!! Holly posts here as AtTheRoyal as they love RP too...…..now, we first met them a couple of years ago by fluke...we were exiting the HE in DA and they were entering.....and Hank spoke to say hello...….we chatted briefly and I always remembered them...….

Following year we were walking past The Hulk and Tom heard a voice shout Carole....and rather coincidentally it was Holly and Hank again...….

Last September we were also there at the same time but through one thing and another we never got to meet for a drink that we had planned to do sometime...….

So, it was a complete surprise to see them here again....and they didn't know we were here too...….what are the chances!!! If we had went straight out the park we`d never have seen them...…

We had a good old catch up and it was so nice to see them again.....we did both say we would be back for Mardi Gras....so hoping it`s the same time as us and we can finally manage that cocktail together!!

And we did manage a picture together this time...…..

i-3frnwDs-XL.jpg

After we caught up and had a good old chat, Holly and Hank were heading to do MIB I think, we said our goodbyes and we took a few more pictures before we set off back to the hotel...…this area is so pretty with the ever twinkling lights adorned around the buildings and trees...…..

i-G59Zcdw-XL.jpg

i-qCGWF7t-XL.jpg

i-ZfwKhbS-XL.jpg

At that we headed out of the park and decided to walk back home and it did feel a little more temperate now and we do always enjoy the walk.

i-23Qf84k-XL.jpg

We walked up through the lobby and as we head to the elevators we see the pop up bar that is sitting in Orchids in the evenings for a couple of hours...….it`s a nice idea with the steamer trunk although we never did get a cocktail from it as we were never around when we wanted a drink. But, hope they bring it back next year......each hotel, RPR, Sapphire and PBH had their own themed drinks for this event......and they did look like some we would enjoy.

i-HSjsXjW-XL.jpg

Up to the room we went for the car keys and met our turndown service lady again......she is so nice...….she asks if we want any more waters, but we have a few to get through so we thank her and tell her we have enough......this is a lovely service though.

Back downstairs and we go get the car and drive back to LBV.

This is the nicest Longhorn we have visited. It is the antithesis of the one on I Drive which we made the mistake once to visit. Never again. It was truly dreadful and we`ll never set foot in there again.....but this one in LBV is lovely......it is always welcoming and we have never been disappointed in the food or service there....

We wait only a few minutes for a booth....you can call ahead, but we never bother doing that...if the wait is too long there we`d just go somewhere else...…

Once we are seated we order drinks, Tom opts for strawberry lemonade, Kyle a strawberry smoothy and of course I have a cocktail.....I`d like this glass though!!!! We do have four glasses this size at home......lol.....and a couple of larger ones too!!!!

As we wait on our drinks our waitress brings us the honeywheat bread that Tom and Kyle love so much......it is quite addictive, although not quite as addictive as Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits...…..I don't eat this bread, but it does look lovely...…..

i-6js7gbN-XL.jpg

i-tvf8XKt-XL.jpg

I had chosen the black and blue tequila....and it was nice....blackberries and blueberries were muddled in there along with a hint of citrus...….not as nice as the Lobsterita at RL....but very refreshing and tasty!!

i-vh7w2sW-XL.jpg

Tom and I had salads, Kyle doesn't really eat these, but of course I have honey mustard and Tom has ranch.....

i-pqMnmjw-XL.jpg

We hadn't bothered getting appetisers as they planned to order the huge sharing dessert, so it was straight to entrees for us...…...Tom after a long peruse of the menu we do know so well, chose the 12oz renegade sirloin for a change, served medium and opted to have lobster mac n cheese as a side...….

i-kmQKRx8-XL.jpg

Kyle and I had the same dish.....9oz filet with fries. Kyle had broccoli too.....his was served medium while I went medium rare...….

i-RsfRDPd-XL.jpg

Mine came out more rare than I asked for, but our waitress spotted it and asked if I`d like another cooked as that was definitely not medium rare...I told her it was actually fine for me.....she again asked if I was sure and I told her, yep.....I`d prefer to ask for rare, but I`m always worried it is just too rare.....but this was perfect.....there is a fine line between perfect and too rare...and I hate to be fussy, which I think it would be if I asked for rare then complained it was rare...…..

We all loved our meals. This place is half the price of the Palm and you can tell, but it is good all the same and for the price you get a darn good steak and good service all round.....for a regular meal this place is fabulous.

Tom and Kyle love the sharing dessert......it`s called Chocolate Stampede.....and it`s huge.

I have to admit, I usually help and eat some of the ice cream, Kyle doesn't like plain vanilla ice cream and Tom is usually too full and only eats a little of it...…..so it`s ideal for three or even four people to share...

Tom never orders this when Kyle isn't with us.....so he was so looking forward to having it again...and Kyle`s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw it...…..he forgot how large it was!!

i-wjLBJ8H-XL.jpg

I wish I had taken a picture of the plate when we were done with this dessert......it looked like it had been licked clean!!!! And rather amusingly half way through Kyle decided his dad was eating maybe more than he should be and was going to split the cakes and told his dad.....that was his share...…..I think it may not have been an even spilt...…..

I did expect to see a battle of forks at this point......lol...….Kyle had his not sharing face on...…..

Actually the split worked out well in the end...…….I enjoyed the ice cream!!! And they were both smiling as they had genuinely loved this dessert.....not for me!!!

We sat back to recover from our dessert and eventually we paid the check and headed out. It felt much cooler now. We had the heat on high in the car...something we had never done before...…

It takes us 15 to 20 minutes to get back home with traffic and we park the car near the top of the lot again and head up to the lobby. To say we are shattered is an understatement...….we are yawning our heads off so we head up and get ready to settle for the night...….

We get Kyle`s bed out and we go through to our room...….I think it was only around 10.30pm......the high life again...…..we never heard a peep out of each other again tonight.

Tomorrow......we "plan" a park day...…….

Your photos really, really make me want to see Universal during the Xmas season!!

Universal should pay you royalties...you're a wonderful advertisement for them!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!