I love your #springintohealth plan! Sometimes you just need to focus on something that isn't running, and it sounds like this FlyRx program will be a great opportunity for that! I hope it goes well!

#SpringIntoHealth Week 1

I know this isn’t running, and I’m not currently training for a Disney race, but I am still going to post here for accountability’s sake.

Workouts - 4.5/5

Last week was the first week of my FlyRx challenge (https://www.flywheelsports.com/flyrx for more info) - I chose the “Get Lean” program. It’s 2 spin classes in studio and at least 2 FlyFIT classes, which are HIIT workouts that use weights and work full body.

My Rx for the week was:
  • 2 spin classes (each 45 minutes)
  • FlyFit Total Body (30 minutes)
  • FlyFit Upper Body (20 minutes)
Actual workouts:
  • Monday: Fly45 (Torq Score - 228, Distance - 16.75 miles)
  • Thursday: Fly45 (Torq Score - 225, Distance - 15.8 miles)
  • Friday - FlyFit Total 30
  • Saturday - FlyFit Upperbody 20
I loved the spin classes (as I knew I would), and I have set a benchmark for improvement. I have a few goals that I’d like to reach by the end of the challenge (one distance, one Torq score) that are going to be a push for me.

I can tell that it’s been a little while since I’ve done weight work because those two workouts left me sore for days - but in a good way! Again, I’m feeling motivated to see improvements.

Eating and Drinking - 4/5

I have seen so many of those memes about how “abs are made in the kitchen,” and while I’m a long way from having visible abs, I am working to improve my diet a little bit. My goals for this week: meal prep healthy food, drink less during the “school week”, and log what I eat.

I did well with the meal prepping, and I really liked my breakfast (freezer English egg sandwiches) but was indifferent toward my lunch (cauliflower burrito bowls). Dinners were a little all over the place because of BF’s birthday request of homemade pizza on Wednesday night, but I did okay there, too. I am pretty impressed with my lack of drinking during the week - with the exception of a birthday beer with F, nothing!

I got back into logging my food in MyFitnessPal, even when it wasn’t great during the work week. I have a harder time on the weekend — not because I’m necessarily not eating well, but because I’m lazy. Something to improve on!

Other - 4/5

I did well on sleeping and drinking water, and I spent a good amount of time walking outside (both with and without dogs). Counting that as a win! My outside time wasn’t as high on the weekend, but we did have a lovely Sunday morning laze-about, which is needed sometimes. My resting heart rate is getting consistently lower, which I know from reading @DopeyBadger, is a good thing!

I did get on the scale last week, but I don’t plan on getting on it again until the end of this 6 weeks because otherwise I get in my head a little bit. Hoping to see some progress at the end of this, but I'm also being realistic that the scale isn't the best measure of overall health.

The Week Ahead

This week, the real fun begins! I am really cool, and I participate in an online running club themed to Harry Potter (Ravenclaw for life), and I was chosen to compete in the Quidditch tournament. Basically, in addition to the FlyRx challenge, I’ve committed to intentionally move 10 - 15 miles a day on foot or on elliptical. I better be in the best shape ever at the end of this.

I have the same Rx but different strength workouts to do, and I want to add in at least one stretching or yoga session because my entire body is tight. I am also thinking about signing up for an 8k on Sunday? Is that crazy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts