HM movie sets at MGM?

Rhonna

DIS Veteran
I thought I read somewhere that the HM movie sets are on display at MGM Studios - anyone know if it's true? If so, how long will they remain there?

Thanks!

The HM movie set was at MGM during Feb. of this year, but I don't know about now.

Does anyone know if they are still there because it said they were susposed to be there until April!

We saw it back in December and quite frankly I was disappointed. It is the room only with the grand staircase. It was ok, but we made a special trip over to MGM to see it and I didn't think it was worth that.

i agree with the other posters...it was pretty lame...they hustle you into this room with a few props and the staircase from the movie...they show you a brief movie describing what you see and then they bring the lights up and allow you to look around a bit...also, for whatever reason, you were not allowed to take photos for the set...not sure what they are trying to protect...in addition to that, i felt that the CM's running the display were pretty uninspired and somewhat grumpy (no, not the dwarf)...

certainly not worth the time it took out of our trip...hopefully they replace it with something new soon...

sunking

We had a good experience at the HM set. We have yet to see the movie, but I have always been interested in movie sets and props so I wanted to see it. Our CM was great and we didn't feel rushed at all. There are original designs of costumes and some actual costumes as well. I am really interested in fashion so I enjoy these types of things. There are also other movie props and the ballroom set itself . It is somewhat roped off but we were encouraged to take our time and walk around to look at everything.

Thanks everyone. Will probably just pop our heads in to look around if it's still there. We'll be in MGM anyhow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter