Hm - may be a dumb question but...

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I was planning on calling MS tomorrow (7 month window) to book my Feb 2014 trip, checking in on the 20th for 2 nights in one DVC resort and then checking into another DVC resort on the 22nd.

I just realized that I may not be able to book my 2 nights at the second resort since that may be considered a separate reservation - is that right??

I guess I have never had a split stay involving 2 different DVC resorts to know the answer to this for certain, since we usually stay for $ the first night before moving to our DVC for more nights.

I was planning on calling MS tomorrow (7 month window) to book my Feb 2014 trip, checking in on the 20th for 2 nights in one DVC resort and then checking into another DVC resort on the 22nd.

I just realized that I may not be able to book my 2 nights at the second resort since that may be considered a separate reservation - is that right??

I guess I have never had a split stay involving 2 different DVC resorts to know the answer to this for certain, since we usually stay for $ the first night before moving to our DVC for more nights.

That is correct. You will have to wait for the 7 month window for those later dates to book that part.

In that position, I might book the entire trip at resort #1 so that if you can't get a room at resort #2, at least you have somewhere to stay for your whole trip. You can always cancel those nights at resort #1 after you get them booked at resort #2. :idea: (Of course, I'd double and triple check the rules about cancellations and using banked/borrowed points first!)

In that position, I might book the entire trip at resort #1 so that if you can't get a room at resort #2, at least you have somewhere to stay for your whole trip. You can always cancel those nights at resort #1 after you get them booked at resort #2. :idea: (Of course, I'd double and triple check the rules about cancellations and using banked/borrowed points first!)

That is what I do "just in case". Good luck

Thanks for the advice!

I was lucky and booked AKV Jambo studio for 2 nights and then called back two days later and booked our 3rd and 4th nights at BLT 1 bdrm TPV! I had actually booked LV but called back and changed...I figured it may be my only time staying at BLT and I must see how the TPV is!! :)

I wasn't too worried because I wouldn't have minded staying all four nights at AKV and I know those are usually available for awhile.

Thanks for the advice!

I was lucky and booked AKV Jambo studio for 2 nights and then called back two days later and booked our 3rd and 4th nights at BLT 1 bdrm TPV! I had actually booked LV but called back and changed...I figured it may be my only time staying at BLT and I must see how the TPV is!! :)

I wasn't too worried because I wouldn't have minded staying all four nights at AKV and I know those are usually available for awhile.

:yay: That's awesome. I hope you enjoy BLT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter