Hit the Beach! July Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to me for turning Floatable Flamingo Pink and to Elizabeth Smith for being the first team member to turn Beach Towel WISH Green!

Aulani's spa sounds so awesome that it's getting its own post.

Aulani features the first Disney spa to be designed by Imagineers and run by Disney, not a third-party company. Laniwai is 18,000 square feet offering all kinds of spa and salon services. The signature treatments feature traditional Hawaiian massage and a rainwater suite. And in the tradition of the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, there are several kids' makeover packages.

If you purchase a spa treatment, you also get access to Kula Wai, a 5,000 square-foot outdoor hydrotherapy garden that includes private vitality baths, co-ed soaking pools, a reflexology path, a cold-water therapy plunge pool, rain showers, and whirlpools, as well as Pulu Bar, where you can create your own customized body polish from Hawaiian ingredients.

You'll also find the 24-hour Mikimiki fitness center at Laniwai.

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for turning Beach Towel WISH Green!!

If you can tear yourself away from Aulani (though I imagine it would be hard!), you can visit numerous other attractions on Oahu, such as Diamond Head volcano and Waikiki Beach. One that I would particularly like to see is the Pearl Harbor historic sites, including the USS Arizona memorial. Unfortunately there has been some damage to the memorial (the structure is not supporting the visitor loading ramp adequately), so it recently it was closed indefinitely for visitor safety.

Amazingly, we're already in the last week of July. Is there a volunteer to host for August?

I just realized I went AWOL. The weather has been awful here and I've happily used that for an excuse.

7/23 - 45-minute walk instead of taking the subway
7/24 - 45-minute walk instead of taking the subway
7/25 - 30-minute walk in the park

New total - 1210/1700

Oh dear, looks like I need to exercise 100 minutes/day for the next 5 days. I better lace up those shoes!

Congratulations to PollyannaMom for turning Floatable Flamingo Pink (though now, she's *this* close to Underwater Camera Red anyway)!

The DVC resorts were great, but now it's time to hit the high seas! :boat:

image.png

Magical Cruise Company Limited (better known as Disney Cruise Line) sailed its first voyage on the Disney Magic in July 1998. DCL went for years with just two ships, Disney Magic (themed to art deco) and Disney Wonder (themed to art nouveau). In 2011 it added Disney Dream (art deco) and in 2012 it added Disney Fantasy (art nouveau). Dream and Fantasy are significantly larger than Magic and Wonder. Three more ships have been ordered and are scheduled for delivery in 2021, 2022, and 2023.

One innovation DCL brought to the cruise industry was rotating dining. During the voyage you and your tablemates change your restaurant, though not your wait staff. One restaurant I'd particularly like to try is Animator's Palate, which reportedly is quite the experience.

(Image is DCL's first ship, Disney Magic, from disneycruise.disney.go.com)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter