History of Ticket promotions

Jkpark

DIS Veteran
I've looked around and can't seem to find this. Has anybody tracked the various WDW ticket promotions offer to DVC Members? I know past offers are not a guaranty of future offers, but I thought it would be interesting to see what has been offered and when. TIA

In truth, there isn't a whole lot to report. Of course, for us early buyers there was the free theme park admission incentive until December 1999.

There have been buy 5 days get 7, buy 4 days get 7, a special AP price that wasn't as good as Florida Resident, then they started matchhing Fl Resident AP prices, and one of the best promos, and the best IMO, was the recent Premium pass promotion. Personally, I think think the newest AP promotions and shopping discounts, limiting them to "qualified" DVC owners is good (probably as good as we'll see), and is likely being used as an incentive to purchase directly

Last edited:
In truth, there is a whole ot to report. Of course, for us early buyers there was the free theme park admission incentive until December 1999.

There have been buy 5 days get 7, buy 4 days get 7, a special AP price that wasn't as good as Florida Resident, then they started matchhing Fl Resident AP prices, and one of the best promos, and the best IMO, was the recent Premium pass promotion. Personally, I think think the newest AP promotions and shopping discounts, limiting them to "qualified" DVC owners is good (probably as good as we'll see), and is likely being used as an incentive to purchase directly

"Bring back free for the half the occupancy!"

The only historical ticket information I know of by Jack Marshall at Allears.net. http://allears.net/tix/tickethistory.htm I don't know when the DVC discounts started. I don't think you can count the free APs when purchasing a certain number of points at OKW. I saw in a paragraph next to pricing in the later years they mention DVC discounts.

"Bring back free for the half the occupancy!"

Since that was a purchase incentive, would you buy 230+ points direct at today's prices to get those tickets for about 7-8 years? I suspect some people could make the math work, making assumptions about point rental rates, annual dues and eventual resale value. But it will still require a $40,000 initial cash outlay...or taking on that amount of debt + accompanying interest payments.

Since that was a purchase incentive, would you buy 230+ points direct at today's prices to get those tickets for about 7-8 years? I suspect some people could make the math work, making assumptions about point rental rates, annual dues and eventual resale value. But it will still require a $40,000 initial cash outlay...or taking on that amount of debt + accompanying interest payments.

No - I was kidding around.
I didn't buy into the DVC in 1994 because of the free tickets. It was an awesome benefit that I would like to come back for all. Wishful thinking but I hear Disney is a place where wishes can come true.

In truth, there isn't a whole lot to report. Of course, for us early buyers there was the free theme park admission incentive until December 1999.

Yes that last promo was a great one!!
I hope we keep seeing great actual DVC benefits that feel good.
I hope our new benefits down the road are more than not paying new fees....Ie parking fees.....
I’m sure there will be more to come. I imagine security costs are astronomical, and I won’t be surprised if they start adding more new fees around the wdw
Kerri

In addition to the AP and buy 5 get 7 tickets.... A few years ago (2?) they had a 4 day one park per day ticket for $200. You had to go to each park (no repeat).

That was, imo, a great deal. It expired before we were going though, so we were bummed.

In truth, there isn't a whole lot to report. Of course, for us early buyers there was the free theme park admission incentive until December 1999...................

Those were the days! :D

The best deal was in fall 2012, PAP for $399 plus tax.

I totally agree this was the best deal I remember, plus I think I squeezed in 4 trips or something like that. But what a bang for the buck at $399!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter