History of Magic Bands and Fast pass + ???? timeline???? anyone have it?

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Hi guys.... I know someone here will have a link to a timeline for the creation of Fast Pass + and the Magic Bands.
We are trying to just put it all into perspective .... what came first? Magic Bands or Fast Pass+???
And when was My Disney Experience rolled out?
I remember using just my card with an RFID chip in it, but not sure when that was??

I know it all started in 2013... I think?!

Anyone have a link to the history? and a timeline? I googled it but only coming up with generalizations (like its inception was in 2013) and how to use them.

Thanks!!!!

We were in Disney in September of 2013 and the Magic Bands were being tested by guests who stayed at certain resorts. We were at Port Orleans Riverside and were thrilled to learn that the resort was one of the 'magic band' resorts. If I am recalling correctly we had unlimited Fast Passes with the bands also. Or maybe there was just a glitch during our stay ;)

I was there in Oct 2013 and was pretty sure I got my first MB then? Yes, I remember the whole "testing" going on!! But I don't think the fast passes on My Disney Experience was rolled out yet?? But I do remember seeing my passes online and then when my magic band was on there.

If you go to magicbandcollectors.com and click on MagicBands there is a development section that gives the history of the MagicBand - pretty cool!

ETA: Sorry, I thought it included a timeline of sorts, just realized it doesn't...

Went Nov 2013 and Magic bands were just starting regular use for all guests. Only got the normal 3 FP's with it.

If you go to magicbandcollectors.com and click on MagicBands there is a development section that gives the history of the MagicBand - pretty cool!

ETA: Sorry, I thought it included a timeline of sorts, just realized it doesn't...
Awesome link.... thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter