• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hiring freeze at WDW?

dvcsully

Mouseketeer
Is there currently a hiring freeze at WDW? I was interested in a position with the Vacation Club but the Disney career website does not list any job openings in any areas at WDW. What is up?

Yes, with the exception of the 744 holiday positions that opened up last week, all hiring and transfers are currently frozen at WDW. Most of those 744 were filled by people who had interviewed during the freeze and were on a waiting list. It'll pass, but I'm not sure how soon. I have an interview in a week and a half with Creative Costuming, but because of the freeze, it has to be called a "mock interview", so I'm hoping to come out of it having learned a little bit and possibly having left a good impression for when the jobs thaw and I can have a real interview.

Steve, thanks for the reply. How would I find out who the Director of sales for DVC would be? I would like to get my resume in his/her hands.

I would call the sales line and just ask... Honestly, all of my connections are through school.

Hi...is WDW freezing all hourly employment, even retired folks looking for part time work...thanks....Ted

I talked to a friend at the beginning of this month at DCA who had worked with me at DL last Christmas season, and he said that DLR aso had a hiring freeze right now. So it's not just at WDW.
Nichole

Since jobs are not opened on the basis of who will apply for them (retirees vs. high school kids), it'd be pretty close to impossible for there to be a hiring freeze in place (as there is) and still have jobs open. Yes, all hiring, transfers, and promotions have been frozen (hourly, salaried, and otherwise [is there an otherwise???]) at WDW.

Thanks.....will just stay patient, and I really hope all folks who want their jobs back at Disney get them soon....Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter