Hilton or Sheraton Tokyo Bay

nutshell

Oh, Disney!
Which do you recommend and why? Which style room would you go with or have you experienced? Would love to hear feedback on either of the hotels. Will be staying two nights in November. Thanks!

I can't speak for the Sheraton but I enjoyed the Hilton and would have no reservations about staying there again. We were in a park view Celebrio King room -- nice, clean, spacious... Very spacious, actually, by Japan standards. The staff was pleasant. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of options. We took advantage of that in the mornings and then hit up the convenience store just off the lobby when we returned at night after the parks closed for snacks and drinks. There's a shuttle running every few minutes to Bayside Station, although, the walk is so short we ended up doing that most of the time instead.

We left the Hilton Tokyo Bay yesterday and we honestly weren't too impressed. We had a happy magic room as they had 4 beds so had a bed each. Check in was great - we checked in at Maihama station. All of the official hotels have somewhere you can drop your bags there and we were able to check in and get our room keys there and head straight to the parks. Our bags were waiting for us in our room when we arrived later that evening.

It just felt a bit "meh" for us. The rooms were quite dated. Our youngest DS loved the "magic" touches in the room but I wouldn't stay there again if we could avoid it. It's a funny one as I can't quite put my finger on what was wrong with it but out of the 4 hotels we have stayed in here in Japan it was the worst one - but you are talking worst out of 4 decent hotels.

We've stayed at the Sheraton, and are thinking of staying again for our upcoming trip. I didn't pay too much attention, but I think it is a little closer to the monorail station, unless there was a second entrance that I was not aware of, that was close to the Hilton as well. It struck me as a pretty typical and nice Starwood property.

We've been going to Tokyo Disney every year for the past 14 years, and for all but one of those visits, we stayed at the Tokyo Bay Hilton. We can't say enough about it, it feels like coming home. Our trips are always during the Christmas Season, and they do a great job with the Christmas decorations. They have a fantastic model railroad in the lobby that is pretty entertaining. The breakfast buffet is bountiful and offers both Japanese and Western choices. The rooms are very comfortable, and you can't beat the view. After a long day at the parks, it's a nice place to come home to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter